Loading .EXS files into Kontakt 4
New Reply
Subscribe
MERC476
12th March 2011
Old 12th March 2011
Lives for gear

Loading .EXS files into Kontakt 4

Every time I load an EXS instrument I have to tell Kontakt where the sample is etc. Is there a quick way of doing this? I'm using the latest 4.2.2. Unless im missing something, I cant find it anywhere in the manual. Thanks!
13th March 2011
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear

Bump before contacting NI. I shoulda done that first. Maybe I'd have an answer by April with them.
13th March 2011
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear

If it's not picking up the indexed location for your EXS24 sample files try a 3rd party converter or insure your EXS library hasn't been moved without being reindexed in Logic.
MERC476
13th March 2011
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the reply Valis. But i'm using Kontakt, not Logic. So i basically go to files and choose the .exs file i want which is in the same folder that the wav files are in and it tells me (x) amount of files are missing. I then choose Search file system and they load up right away. I'm trying to avoid the having to search for the files. Thanks
14th March 2011
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear

You don't say what the source of the EXS files is..so it's hard to know if you're dealing with files that come with Logic's sound libraries, EXS files you've made in Logic (except now I know you aren't using it?), someone else made in Logic & sent to you or just trying to convert some sample material off a DVD or that you've downloaded...etc.

Still it seems that the file reference for the samples is either relative and not resolving (sample cd/dvd/etc) or incorrect and needs to be pointed to. Use a 3rd party converter... I would suggest looking at redmatica's products if you were using Logic.
14th March 2011
Old 14th March 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC476 View Post
Every time I load an EXS instrument I have to tell Kontakt where the sample is etc. Is there a quick way of doing this? I'm using the latest 4.2.2. Unless im missing something, I cant find it anywhere in the manual. Thanks!
how many patches are we talking about? If you save the patch after you load it, it will save as a Kontakt patch, which both will know where the samples are and load a lot faster from then on... this is part of the headaches of dealing with sample imports... except for very simple instruments (which honestly probably the majority of patches are), where you are only importing the samples along with loop information and key mapping, you're probably going to have to do a little tweaking anyways to get it sounding proper. great for previewing though.
MERC476
14th March 2011
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the reply guys.

Chroma...Once i click on the exs file i want to load (this particular one has 25 files missing), I then choose "search database" and the instrument loads up perfectly fine and I dont have to tweak anything. I will try what you said and click save. I wanna say that i tried this already but i tried so many things, who knows. Still waiting on reply from NI as well. Thanks again.
18th March 2011
Old 18th March 2011
Gear maniac

so after you click save, to load it again, load the kontakt patch, not the exs24 patch. In fact, I think you can point kontakt at the root of the directory with all the exs files, hit import, wait a while, it will complain that it can't find a bunch of files, hit search filesytem, let it work, and then when it's done, you'll have a library of kontakt patches instead of exs24 patches. you can then just use those from then on. i haven't done this with exs24 patches, but i have done this with emu and roland CDroms....
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search