Steven Slate Drums 4.0
#1051
7th June 2012
Old 7th June 2012
  #1051
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

SSD4 EX to Plat upgrade for $99 limited time launches tomorrow check your emails.

Cheers,
Steven
#1052
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
  #1052
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
SSD4 EX to Plat upgrade for $99 limited time launches tomorrow check your emails.

Cheers,
Steven
Yay!

32h of mixing and 1h sleep can cause "aggressive" posts i noticed Sorry about that.
#1053
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
  #1053
Lives for gear
 

Here is a general lazy guitarist question. I have breverb reverb plugin which sounds great to add room verb apart from it destroys the cymbals.

Is there a way I can isolate the drum hits, and send that to a stereo effects bus?
#1054
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
  #1054
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Create an AUX in mixer and then go to a drum's edit settings and route the mics to the aux. Then in the mixer, route the aux to its own track in your DAW. Then put the reverb on just that part.

Cheers,
Steven
#1055
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
  #1055
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Create an AUX in mixer and then go to a drum's edit settings and route the mics to the aux. Then in the mixer, route the aux to its own track in your DAW. Then put the reverb on just that part.

Cheers,
Steven
Thanks!
#1056
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
  #1056
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
SSD4 EX to Plat upgrade for $99 limited time launches tomorrow check your emails.

Cheers,
Steven
I have to say that I can't live without trigger and the SDD are my favorite... However...

Good News. But, Is the last version of the plugin working?. Last time I tried to use it, a couple of months ago, I couldn't finish a project with it. Really Good Sounds... bad performance.

I'm still haven't get the trigger's IR's either.

Why should I spend another 80 €? I'm gonna buy it anyway cos' I like the sounds but....

Will I have to spend another 80 € when you'll release Trigger Platinum?

I don't want to sound harsh, and I know my English is not the best, but I'm pretty sure that everybody understands that this business is harder everyday, and I like to know where I spend my money...
#1057
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
  #1057
Gear maniac
 
Jayrawk's Avatar
 

I hope this isn't to far off the subject, if so I apologize.


I would love to be able to trigger ssd 4 live without using a laptop. Is there anyway to do this presently? If not, slate should really come out with a hardware drum module to go direct to a P.A. Think of the sounds you could achieve with a kemper and ssd 4 hardware direct to front of house. This would also be amazing for practicing in an environment where volume is an issue. You could dial your sounds in perfectly and always have them the same.
#1058
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
  #1058
Lives for gear
 

what about a nice upgrade offer for ssd 3.5 platinum users?
#1059
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
  #1059
Gear Head
 

Question

i want to plug an audio drum trigger direct into my interface, and trigger samples from either a standalone or DAW plugin directly from the audio, without converting to MIDI. will slate digital's trigger software allow me to do this? if not, is there any other solution currently available?
#1060
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
  #1060
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
SSD4 EX to Plat upgrade for $99 limited time launches tomorrow check your emails.

Cheers,
Steven
Yesss! Upgraded
#1061
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
  #1061
Lives for gear
 

Just so you guys know:

As is documented earlier in this thread I have had my issues with the whole SSD4 launch thing, which thanks to Stevens intervention are now getting taken care of.

In the meantime I finally got an install that works 10)% and have been testing the kits with my Roland TD8 kit.
All I can say is that, based on my previous experience with SD2 EZD Battery3 BFD Eco and a bunch of others that I own, the SSD4 player is hands down the best and most responsive for E-drum use.


Now do take this with a slight pinch of sal,t since I am not a proper drummer, but even I know when triggers are being responded to better!
#1062
11th June 2012
Old 11th June 2012
  #1062
Gear maniac
 

Anyone using it with VEP??

I was wondering if I was the only one that gets no sound after INSTRUMENT INPUT 11 and 12!! From 1 to 10 everything is fine, but not at 11 and 12.
The two last are my overheads and room mics. AND I can't get the overheads or room in STEREO. They are on the left side!!!!

Ashley?? How are you doing it?
#1063
11th June 2012
Old 11th June 2012
  #1063
Lives for gear
 
AshleySmith06's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Sabourin View Post
Anyone using it with VEP??

I was wondering if I was the only one that gets no sound after INSTRUMENT INPUT 11 and 12!! From 1 to 10 everything is fine, but not at 11 and 12.
The two last are my overheads and room mics. AND I can't get the overheads or room in STEREO. They are on the left side!!!!

Ashley?? How are you doing it?
Hi Luc,

I am using VEPro 5.0.10582 [64-bit] and SSD4 1.097 AU [64-Bit] without noted issues on Mac OSX 10.7.4. I'll whip up a video and have the webmaster post that to everyones user account under the "SSD4 Multi-Output Tutorials" section. I'll edit post when it's up.




Edit; Here's the vid...



Ashley Smith
Tech Support Specialist - Slate Digital | Steven Slate Drums
#1064
11th June 2012
Old 11th June 2012
  #1064
Lives for gear
 
Lenzo's Avatar
I bought the EX to Platinum upgrade..running PT 10.2 and SL 10.6.8. EX was working fine. Platinum won't see any kits. On first launch it saw them but wouldn't load them...re-launched PT and now no kits at all. Removed SSD4 totally a couple of times..tried 1093 and 1097...still no luck. Pointed it at the main Platinum directory and at all sub directories...nada. Sent a support ticket to Slate a few hours ago, but no response yet, so thought I might find someone here who had that problem and solved it.
Thanks,
L.
#1065
11th June 2012
Old 11th June 2012
  #1065
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Lenzo, did you put the new license file in your new Platinum library folder and point to it? Also make sure you realize that this new Platinum library should not be combined in any way with the EX version.

Cheers,
Steven
#1066
11th June 2012
Old 11th June 2012
  #1066
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleySmith06 View Post
Hi Luc,

I am using VEPro 5.0.10582 [64-bit] and SSD4 1.097 AU [64-Bit] without noted issues on Mac OSX 10.7.4. I'll whip up a video and have the webmaster post that to everyones user account under the "SSD4 Multi-Output Tutorials" section. I'll edit post when it's up.



Ashley Smith
Tech Support Specialist - Slate Digital | Steven Slate Drums
Very good idea Ashley Thanks
#1067
12th June 2012
Old 12th June 2012
  #1067
Lives for gear
 
Lenzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Lenzo, did you put the new license file in your new Platinum library folder and point to it? Also make sure you realize that this new Platinum library should not be combined in any way with the EX version.

Cheers,
Steven
I did...I erased every EX file I could find....It turns out what solved it was in the settings menu, when I went to cell view, the kits showed up...went back to kit view and they were there. Re-loaded Pro Tools and it seems like it's working properly now. I relayed this to Nathanial in tech support in case this is a bug or in case this is reported again. Anyway, a easy fix...I just never used cell view and I didn't have this issue with EX. And I just wanted to add that I think these kits sound great and I appreciate the fair deals you've been making on upgrades. I bought VCC and FG-X. I've been very happy with the quality of the products and appreciate the fact that you respond quickly to issues. Thanks.
L.
#1068
12th June 2012
Old 12th June 2012
  #1068
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
Has this been confirmed? Did VSL release an updated version of Vienna Ensemble Pro?

Steven - once this has been confirmed, will you still be honoring the original upgrade coupon you sent to SSD 3.5 Platinum owners like you said?

Thanks.
Bump please. Any response to this?
#1069
13th June 2012
Old 13th June 2012
  #1069
Gear interested
 

Just had to say, I am so amazed with the quality (and quantity) of SSD 4 Platinum drum kits and components. No issues at all (I'm on Win 7 64 bit, Studio One Professional). You guys rock!
#1070
13th June 2012
Old 13th June 2012
  #1070
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrawk View Post
I would love to be able to trigger ssd 4 live without using a laptop. Is there anyway to do this presently? If not, slate should really come out with a hardware drum module to go direct to a P.A. Think of the sounds you could achieve with a kemper and ssd 4 hardware direct to front of house. This would also be amazing for practicing in an environment where volume is an issue. You could dial your sounds in perfectly and always have them the same.
you mean like this? Rack PC with sampler and sounds onboard, run it straight to the PA or first to a submixer and then the PA.....they have their own professionally recorded soundset, but I think you could probably load up SSD4 or anything else for that matter.... Zendrum Digital Midi Controller - Midi Drums And More (old friends of mine)

#1071
13th June 2012
Old 13th June 2012
  #1071
Gear maniac
 
Jayrawk's Avatar
 

[QUOTE=Paul D;7973383]you mean like this? Rack PC with sampler and sounds onboard, run it straight to the PA or first to a submixer and then the PA.....they have their own professionally recorded soundset, but I think you could probably load up SSD4 or anything else for that matter.... Zendrum Digital Midi Controller - Midi Drums And More (old friends of mine)

Well, not exactly. I am comfortable using e-drums live. I was thinking just a drum module that has all slate kits instead of the unusable samples that usually come stock with e-drums. It does not make sense to spend thousands on an ekit only to then spend hundreds more on a laptop and slates kits. It would be nice to cut out the middle man and just invest in a hardware slate drum module that your standard e-drums could plug into. Something like Peaveys musebox.
#1072
14th June 2012
Old 14th June 2012
  #1072
Gear addict
 
Format C: yes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrawk View Post
Well, not exactly. I am comfortable using e-drums live. I was thinking just a drum module that has all slate kits instead of the unusable samples that usually come stock with e-drums. It does not make sense to spend thousands on an ekit only to then spend hundreds more on a laptop and slates kits. It would be nice to cut out the middle man and just invest in a hardware slate drum module that your standard e-drums could plug into. Something like Peaveys musebox.
+1 slate in a box. Altho they are only a small company and I wouldn't want to see them spread to thin. Maybe a license agreement with another company already making drum modules. Love SSD4 it sounds fantastic.
#1073
14th June 2012
Old 14th June 2012
  #1073
Gear addict
 

[QUOTE=Jayrawk;7973544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
you mean like this? Rack PC with sampler and sounds onboard, run it straight to the PA or first to a submixer and then the PA.....they have their own professionally recorded soundset, but I think you could probably load up SSD4 or anything else for that matter.... Zendrum Digital Midi Controller - Midi Drums And More (old friends of mine)

Well, not exactly. I am comfortable using e-drums live. I was thinking just a drum module that has all slate kits instead of the unusable samples that usually come stock with e-drums. It does not make sense to spend thousands on an ekit only to then spend hundreds more on a laptop and slates kits. It would be nice to cut out the middle man and just invest in a hardware slate drum module that your standard e-drums could plug into. Something like Peaveys musebox.
The 2box drumit 5 module allow you to import your own multisamples. You cannot adjust room and overheads but you will get all the velocity layers. You could import a mixed version of SSD4 although it is very time consuming.
Peter Warren
#1074
14th June 2012
Old 14th June 2012
  #1074
Doing the doh-load thing now,the crossgrade,from EX to Platinum,99 bucks very cool.

The thing is the licence has said it's "being generated in 3 minutes" for 3 HOURS now........I don't remember THIS happening,when I got EX?

Also,I do have to completely un-install EX right?

THANKS

RK
#1075
14th June 2012
Old 14th June 2012
  #1075
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
Doing the doh-load thing now,the crossgrade,from EX to Platinum,99 bucks very cool.

The thing is the licence has said it's "being generated in 3 minutes" for 3 HOURS now........I don't remember THIS happening,when I got EX?

Also,I do have to completely un-install EX right?

THANKS

RK
For the licence issue contact Slate support team they will send you a licence if necessery. Also remember to check your e-mail trash. Mine got in trash although i have allowed Slate mails.

I´m not sure if you have to uninstall SSDsampler, but you do have to download all the SSDPlatinum library.rar files cos they are different from Ex files.

I removed the SSDsampler that i had with ex and installed the newest SSDsampler and it´s working flawlessly at the moment.

Hope this helps

-Pauli-
#1076
14th June 2012
Old 14th June 2012
  #1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandescape View Post
For the licence issue contact Slate support team they will send you a licence if necessery. Also remember to check your e-mail trash. Mine got in trash although i have allowed Slate mails.

I´m not sure if you have to uninstall SSDsampler, but you do have to download all the SSDPlatinum library.rar files cos their are different from Ex files.

I removed the SSDsampler that i had with ex and installed the newest SSDsampler and it´s working flawlessly at the moment.

Hope this helps

-Pauli-
Thanks man,the licence showed up I just had to re-log/re-load,go to email,all cool,the only bummer was after I extracted,the new files extracted to the old EX library,but I'm sussing it out now,should be cool.

It amazes me how quickly I forget such simple stuff,even though Iv'e given up weed for over a year.

Cheers
RK
#1077
14th June 2012
Old 14th June 2012
  #1077
Lives for gear
 

[QUOTE=Jayrawk;7973544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
you mean like this? Rack PC with sampler and sounds onboard, run it straight to the PA or first to a submixer and then the PA.....they have their own professionally recorded soundset, but I think you could probably load up SSD4 or anything else for that matter.... Zendrum Digital Midi Controller - Midi Drums And More (old friends of mine)

Well, not exactly. I am comfortable using e-drums live. I was thinking just a drum module that has all slate kits instead of the unusable samples that usually come stock with e-drums. It does not make sense to spend thousands on an ekit only to then spend hundreds more on a laptop and slates kits. It would be nice to cut out the middle man and just invest in a hardware slate drum module that your standard e-drums could plug into. Something like Peaveys musebox.

Sorry didn't mean the Zendrum instrument itself, was referring to the "brain" ie the rackmount PC, which could be used with any edrum kit or midi triggering device...
#1078
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
  #1078
Lives for gear
 

Can someone help me with this (I'm using X1)

Initial question:
"I have breverb reverb plugin which sounds great to add room verb apart from it destroys the cymbals. Is there a way I can isolate the drum hits, and send that to a stereo effects bus?"

I got an answer:
"Create an AUX in mixer and then go to a drum's edit settings and route the mics to the aux. Then in the mixer, route the aux to its own track in your DAW. Then put the reverb on just that part."

Can someone walk me through the bold area? Step by step would be great. When I click on any part in the SSD mixer aux I created, I can't see an option to route it to the effects bus I created in X1.
#1079
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
  #1079
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
Has this been confirmed? Did VSL release an updated version of Vienna Ensemble Pro?

Steven - once this has been confirmed, will you still be honoring the original upgrade coupon you sent to SSD 3.5 Platinum owners like you said?

Thanks.
Yet another bump for this. Still unanswered...
#1080
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
  #1080
Lives for gear
 
AshleySmith06's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
Yet another bump for this. Still unanswered...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
Has this been confirmed? Did VSL release an updated version of Vienna Ensemble Pro?

Steven - once this has been confirmed, will you still be honoring the original upgrade coupon you sent to SSD 3.5 Platinum owners like you said?

Thanks.
Hi Clonkified,

I thought I posted to confirm this a while back, sorry. Yes, VSL have released a new version and SSD4 is now compatible/working.

Regards outstanding coupons for upgrades as denoted, they may have expired as of our new shopping cart system, but please try before getting in touch. If they proven have, please forward a tech support query via the link below (with your code) and we'll get things sorted.

Slate Digital Helpdesk

------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefyn View Post
Can someone help me with this (I'm using X1)

Initial question:
"I have breverb reverb plugin which sounds great to add room verb apart from it destroys the cymbals. Is there a way I can isolate the drum hits, and send that to a stereo effects bus?"

I got an answer:
"Create an AUX in mixer and then go to a drum's edit settings and route the mics to the aux. Then in the mixer, route the aux to its own track in your DAW. Then put the reverb on just that part."

Can someone walk me through the bold area? Step by step would be great. When I click on any part in the SSD mixer aux I created, I can't see an option to route it to the effects bus I created in X1.
Hi thefyn,

As described...

Create a new AUX channel in SSD's Mixer page and then select a desired kit piece to route by clicking its channel... lets say a Snare for example.

Aligned top, centrally, you'll see a panel saying "Microphone", and underneath "Routing Destination". The first drop down allows you to select which microphone you wish to route, and second allows you to set its destination (for such purpose you'll select the newly created AUX).

Now, select the AUX channel and set its output (selected at the bottom of the channel), and in your DAW create a new track and set its input to same as the output you just set for the AUX.

You can now instantiate your Breverb plug-in on the track in your DAW and have full, separate control of the kit piece without compromising those cymbals.

Cheers,
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
freeBase / So much gear, so little time!
0
jval / So much gear, so little time!
80

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.