Steven Slate Drums 4.0
New Reply
Subscribe
13th January 2011
Old 13th January 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRose View Post
Why not create an expansion pack for those and be done with it?
First and foremost, two separate parties have to agree on the project.
Secondly, why assume any given developer thinks they can't do something better? Set the bar even higher.
14th January 2011
Old 14th January 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
First and foremost, two separate parties have to agree on the project.
Secondly, why assume any given developer thinks they can't do something better? Set the bar even higher.
Well then I'm all ears :-)
I use what works best and makes sense workflow-wise and $$-wise, like most I'd assume .
Basically, for me the new SSD has to sound better, be more flexible, offer more variety AND be cheaper (or in the ballpark if its really that much better).
I'm not trying to sound greedy or anything, but the reality of changing software is a monetary+workflow one. I see too many people getting everything that comes out, thinking they're "safe", looking for the next magic bullet, and I heavily suspect that lots of developpers on these boards pray on them.
In the meantime, most pros are still using PT7, waves L1 etc...because it works, and it doesn't make sense to change a workflow that's efficient. Only waiting for the next true game changer to upgrade.

We're completely saturated with tons of the same re-packaged stuff, the subtle differences that some plugs offer isn't a game changer by any strech of the imagination, turning the vintage-looking knob on the picture-perfect GUI makes you think so... I would love to know how many have bought 4-5 different EQ plugs and realized a year later that the stock plugin works just the same in most situations. I'm definitely over the hype factor Gearslutz has brought up over and over again...

Anyway, I disgress, it doesn't really matter...if it suits my needs I'll get it. We'll see when it comes out. I definitely don't want tobe part of one of those 20 pages speculation threads, so I'll stop here
14th January 2011
Old 14th January 2011
Gear Head

Steven Slate Drums 4.0

New sampler--GREAT news! As an owner of the original product and a
big supporter of Steven, I'd feel like a thief not paying some kinda upgrade fee. The new electro pop samples sound pretty exciting for a guy who's asked more and more to write stuff in the vein of Dr Luke. Also looking forward to the new grooves!
16th January 2011
Old 16th January 2011
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

We showed off one of my new Deluxe Kits in the new SSD4 interface at NAMM today, as well as some of the new Griffin Boice electro and hip hop kits. I'm glad to say that people were impressed.

There are many great drum instruments available, its true. But I think that I still have something to offer to further push the boundaries of digital drums.

SSD4 is the product of everything that I've learned about the art of making amazing sounding drums. I spent a lot of time to ensure that these new kits have been reproduced with extreme accuracy and detail. I'm so happy with the sounds, and I feel that they offer something different than every other drum library that is currently available. We'll have many audio demos coming very soon.

The SSD4 player will be packed with many unique features and be extremely easy and intuitive to use. I see it as yet another tool in your virtual toolbox that will help you make great music.

Best,

www.slatedigital.com
www.stevenslatedrums.com
www.slateproaudio.com
SLATE SUPPORT:
www.slatedigital.com/support

I DO NOT CHECK PM's! Please EMAIL ME instead NON TECH SUPPORT Questions to slate@stevenslate.com

Follow us @ www.twitter.com/slateproaudio
16th January 2011
Old 16th January 2011
Lives for gear

I can vouch that Griffin does AMAZING work. I have worked on projects with him before and he has one of the best ears around and a work ethic that does not stop. I have full confidence that the new hip hop samples will raise the bar.

For those of you that are not aware of his work you can hear him on the new Black Eyed Peas album, the soon to be released Hollywood Undead, and the Saturdays song "Puppet".

Can't wait!
16th January 2011
Old 16th January 2011
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Animus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
We showed off one of my new Deluxe Kits in the new SSD4 interface at NAMM today, as well as some of the new Griffin Boice electro and hip hop kits. I'm glad to say that people were impressed.

There are many great drum instruments available, its true. But I think that I still have something to offer to further push the boundaries of digital drums.

SSD4 is the product of everything that I've learned about the art of making amazing sounding drums. I spent a lot of time to ensure that these new kits have been reproduced with extreme accuracy and detail. I'm so happy with the sounds, and I feel that they offer something different than every other drum library that is currently available. We'll have many audio demos coming very soon.

The SSD4 player will be packed with many unique features and be extremely easy and intuitive to use. I see it as yet another tool in your virtual toolbox that will help you make great music.

Best,

Does the new stuff have a full range of round robins and velocity layers?
16th January 2011
Old 16th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
Slate Digital drum sampler???.....Not iLok only PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
+ 1
16th January 2011
Old 16th January 2011
Lives for gear

I am soooo looking forward to this !

I have been sitting on the fence
wondering if I should upgrade my BFD to the latest,
but while I got the SD2 and very happy 'bout it,
I haven't made the step yet,
and now with the SSD 4.0 I might not do it at all...

So ...I hope for a good upgrade price from SSD 3.5.
Got it and using it a lot !

G
Den
16th January 2011
Old 16th January 2011
Den
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
I am soooo looking forward to this !
So ...I hope for a good upgrade price from SSD 3.5.
Got it and using it a lot !
G
+1
16th January 2011
Old 16th January 2011
Gear addict

Are you going to release a demo or trial version?
17th January 2011
Old 17th January 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:

Best,
well, you sure got me curious now :-). looking forward to checking SSD4 out!
17th January 2011
Old 17th January 2011
Gear maniac

gotta give a thumbs down to anything Steven Slate. Was promised an upgrade to 2.0 after I bought the original release, and never recieved it, sent a bunch of emails, never heard back. dfegadTerrible support.
17th January 2011
Old 17th January 2011

I wasn't aware of this briefcase. My email is Slate@stevenslate.com

Email me now and I'll take care of you. I aim to give our customers the best support possible. But sometimes issues slip through the cracks. But I'm here to ensure that we come through in the end.
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011
Lives for gear

Yo Steve-O!

How did NAMM go?
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011

NAMM was amazing. On Thursday, the first day, I came down with an awful cold. I could barely speak during the clinics. Nevertheless, we had a great time, met some awesome people, got a ton of great music and CDs which we always appreciate, and got to show off the new FOX's and the SSD4 sneak preview. We got some video and a lot of photos.. will post asap.
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Animus
Quote:
NAMM was amazing. On Thursday, the first day, I came down with an awful cold. I could barely speak during the clinics. Nevertheless, we had a great time, met some awesome people, got a ton of great music and CDs which we always appreciate, and got to show off the new FOX's and the SSD4 sneak preview. We got some video and a lot of photos.. will post asap.
Yeah, I got probably that same cold going around a couple weeks back. Nasty shit cuz I usually don't ever get sick.
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh Snap! You always seem to get a cold during conventions and such....take multi-vitamins!

I hope Lynch didnt keep you up all night drinking.........
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
You forgot to talk about TIGER !

A new compressor it seems .
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011

Its true! The last time I had a cold was AES! Very odd.

Lynch was in full shredder mode and did some amazing soloing against my shitty rhythm playing of the Animal's "House of The Rising Sun".. we were all plugged directly into FOX's and Glen Sobel was playing the new SSD Deluxe kit. It was fun.

But now I gotta kick this cold.. hopefully I'll be able to leave the office soon and catch up on some rest!

Tiger is a prototype of an insane design that I have for two buss applications.. not just compressing but general sweetening also. Its a long ways away from being something to talk about.. but it'll get there soon enough.
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011
Gear interested

Steven Slate Drums 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press
Its true! The last time I had a cold was AES! Very odd.

Lynch was in full shredder mode and did some amazing soloing against my shitty rhythm playing of the Animal's "House of The Rising Sun".. we were all plugged directly into FOX's and Glen Sobel was playing the new SSD Deluxe kit. It was fun.

But now I gotta kick this cold.. hopefully I'll be able to leave the office soon and catch up on some rest!

Tiger is a prototype of an insane design that I have for two buss applications.. not just compressing but general sweetening also. Its a long ways away from being something to talk about.. but it'll get there soon enough.

can you pls say something about a trigger-update?
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011

We have a TRIGGER update coming out soon.. it adds a really kickass feature.. more news soon.
18th January 2011
Old 18th January 2011
Gear interested

Steven Slate Drums 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press
We have a TRIGGER update coming out soon.. it adds a really kickass feature.. more news soon.
awesooooome!!!!!
19th January 2011
Old 19th January 2011
Gear maniac

Hopefully midi.......
19th January 2011
Old 19th January 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Maybe some IRs and VST3
24th January 2011
Old 24th January 2011
Gear maniac

Well, i am about to start mixing an album i did with SSD 3.5. Hopefully 4.0 wont be terribly radical and have any show stoppers!

I have another album we are in mid tracking with 3.5 and it works good.

I find the Ride cymbal with the TD12 is not as responsive as i'd like (end up printing the Roland Ride during tracking) and the Hats are good, but not great. Hopefully those are spot on in 4.0

I like Kontakt OK, not in love with it. If 4.0 is its own interface i hope that its EASY on CPU/Memory resources.

Any idea on the ETA on 4.0.

Dennis
25th January 2011
Old 25th January 2011
Gear maniac

sorry if this has been answered, but when can we expect the update?
ska
25th January 2011
Old 25th January 2011
ska
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusWendel View Post
sorry if this has been answered, but when can we expect the update?
Same question here...gonna do a mix session soon, I wonder if it's worth to wait.....
25th January 2011
Old 25th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
Same question here...gonna do a mix session soon, I wonder if it's worth to wait.....
+1 on the update release date?
25th January 2011
Old 25th January 2011
Gear Head

I hope that Slate will say "It will be ready when it's ready" or smth like that....

Last edited by lazy; 25th January 2011 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: my English is bad, sorry (:
ska
25th January 2011
Old 25th January 2011
ska
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
I hope that Slate will say "It will be ready when it will be ready" or smth like that....
???
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search