Login / Register

Nebula must have
New Reply
Subscribe
12th December 2012
Old 12th December 2012
Gear addict

Well, recently purchased the Pro version and the AlexB "modern white EQ" (Neve 5033), to complete my 5088 setup.

The EQ is really smooth, I can make way bigger cuts into the audio without it sounding harsh, grainy etc. Good stuff. Also, the Pro version gave me the complete control over the dynamics which I had already purchased. The 20-75ms attack time was a complete surpise, one would've expected somewhat wider range of attack times from such a modern compressor. Maybe there's some measurable math secrets behind that? Anyway, sounds good.

I'm still finding myself using the D.W. Fearn VT-4 on sampled strings, guitars etc, it just takes some "fog" off the sound on basic settings.

Next on the list: the actual 5088 package with full kernels from Alex

EDIT: god, I feel like a RND spokesperson here, but they're REALLY good. API 512C used to be my favorite pre, that's without a doubt an excellent sounding pre (new release from STN on that, sadly no demo)
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Headsup! I just saw a holiday special for Nebula3 Pro bundled with 4 AlexB libraries:

Acustica Audio - Special Products

That's a really good deal. Just passing it along for you guys on the fence...
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear addict

19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRain View Post
MAYAN PROMOTION !

30% off for all products, exception for the bundle, for ALL: new and returning customers !

Instant download via DPD service (please read "term and conditions" on the website).
DayTime: UTC.
Discount Coupon: MAYA2012

please visit ALESSANDRO BOSCHI Alessandro Boschi - Composer, Musician, Audio Engineer, Producer
Nice! Looks like it's time to do some shopping... thanks for the headsup!
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear addict

just to be more clear the promotion is valid only on the 21st
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear maniac

I just picked up some serious stuff from AlexB as a new-ish user of Nebula3, but then I went over to AITB and it was like

"Oh yea baby I'm throwing paper at em"

until

"Oh no you're 44.1khz......?"

Why seduce me with a Massive Passive (even if it is an emulation) and then rip my gut out? I've tested Nebula src for myself as soon as I got it, and it's not candies and lollipops using a 44.1khz program at 96khz.
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear maniac

also, anyone finding some use of out their OTD comps? that rather strong roll-off....
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwinte View Post
I just picked up some serious stuff from AlexB as a new-ish user of Nebula3, but then I went over to AITB and it was like

"Oh yea baby I'm throwing paper at em"

until

"Oh no you're 44.1khz......?"

Why seduce me with a Massive Passive (even if it is an emulation) and then rip my gut out? I've tested Nebula src for myself as soon as I got it, and it's not candies and lollipops using a 44.1khz program at 96khz.
AITB is mostly 44.1 but Massive Passive has a 96k version I think?
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear addict

Yes ... Massive Passive has a 96k version.
They also include the 'Expansion' pak.

However ... the documentation is confusing, as particular patches are identified with 44 and 96 ... but others make no mention. :|

Might want to shoot an email.

Price aside, and mainly 44.1 ... I've not found a better MP. What it brings to the 'sonic toolbox' is a must have for my work.
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

I would stay away - MP loads very slow, and it has protection which is a pain
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Gear maniac

Well as long as it has a 96khz version, I don't mind how long it loads. I've heard 44.1khz eq's being upsampled and it's not good - running any audio through such a program degrades it.

Yes I referred to the manual, and only saw the combo programs being offered at 96khz, so I will ask first. Thanks peeps.
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolColJ View Post
I would stay away - MP loads very slow, and it has protection which is a pain
Rubbish. It doesnt load any slower than other programs. And the protection is only a small hassle if you reinstall your system. Takes at most 2 minutes.
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwinte View Post
Well as long as it has a 96khz version, I don't mind how long it loads. I've heard 44.1khz eq's being upsampled and it's not good - running any audio through such a program degrades it.

Yes I referred to the manual, and only saw the combo programs being offered at 96khz, so I will ask first. Thanks peeps.
if you need 96 the MP is cool but all Alex B libs are 96 and there is some great ones there
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict

Well, bought the DTE (which is a custom tube/tape/compressor unit from AlexB), to be my final solution for mastering... and it didn't let me down. Been using that exclusively after the console emu.

I liked the sound more than the Fatso (which is no doubt a wonderful sounding unit). Kinda sad 'tho, to find such "final solutions" and superior sounding gear. No more hunting
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear maniac

have you guys tried Henry Olonga's stuff? I don't have Alex B's stuff but Henrry's stuff just sound so good and they're up to 192! I like the a la carte method as well and they have a 50% off sale up until Jan, 8th..

my fav so far of the 20+ ive bought is the neve pre for sure.. magical on the high freq stuff..

if anyone's tried AlexB and Henry's stuff, I'd be interested in knowing your opinion on quality differences/value if any..
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear addict

Just browse through nebula's forum, you'll see alot of Henry's fans. I own the Preamp Colour Suite and couple other libraries from AlexB and many libraries from Henry. Both guys make toph notch libs and yes, Henry's stuffs are up there. My favorite preamp from him is the API into NEVE one. It's really awesome.
Now he has some Clariphonic Eq libs as well, and someone in the forum already stated that it's better than the plugin version from Kush.
At those prices my recommendation is: Get them ALL! It's a steal, believe me. They are all highly usable.

Sent from my GT-I9000
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooohhh2 View Post
Just browse through nebula's forum, you'll see alot of Henry's fans. I own the Preamp Colour Suite and couple other libraries from AlexB and many libraries from Henry. Both guys make toph notch libs and yes, Henry's stuffs are up there. My favorite preamp from him is the API into NEVE one. It's really awesome.
Now he has some Clariphonic Eq libs as well, and someone in the forum already stated that it's better than the plugin version from Kush.
At those prices my recommendation is: Get them ALL! It's a steal, believe me. They are all highly usable.

Sent from my GT-I9000
+1. I love henry's stuff
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Sent from my GT-I9000
Oh, come on, man. I swore I was done with nebula programs.

Oh, ok... just one more for the clairphonic. I have always been curious about that box, but never got my hands on one... and I have been doing some a/b against references and come to the conclusion lately that I'm a little lacking on the high end, but haven't wanted to push air bands any further.

damit

Cost of a cup of coffee, though.

https://soundcloud.com/AintNobodyMusic/aint-nobody-sample

https://soundcloud.com/aintnobodymusic/get-down-sample

https://soundcloud.com/aintnobodymusic/angsmn-sample

https://soundcloud.com/aintnobodymusic/do-what-you-love-sample

AINT NOBODY album is DONE!!! Videos now in production.

Want music and videos BEFORE their official release dates?

PM me for your private password invitation and BE FIRST!
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint Nobody View Post
Oh, come on, man. I swore I was done with nebula programs.

Oh, ok... just one more for the clairphonic. I have always been curious about that box, but never got my hands on one... and I have been doing some a/b against references and come to the conclusion lately that I'm a little lacking on the high end, but haven't wanted to push air bands any further.

damit

Cost of a cup of coffee, though.
Oh, i stopped saying to quit alooong time ago.
With all those discounts going on, a cup of coffee costs more here sometimes.

Sent from my GT-I9000
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear addict

Some new info considering the Bricasti M7:

Quote:
We should have something soon. There is just one last thing I need to figure out. I have nailed the sound on a plate better than before but a clean final deconvolve is what I need to figure out. I am doing a two stage process that takes the best part of half a day just for one preset so this will be a slow roll out. Once I figure that last part out it will be all systems go as I have figured out the methodology to a large degree. Very convoluted. It also means one preset only per program.
God among men. *bow*
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Sounds like it's getting close
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Sounds like it's getting close
+1

I have only one patch of M7 on nebula and it's by far my favorite reverb in my "way too" large reverb plug in collection.
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpchartrand View Post
+1

I have only one patch of M7 on nebula and it's by far my favorite reverb in my "way too" large reverb plug in collection.
And the upcoming complete m7 library will be a free community library. Mind blown. God bless the guys who make it possible.

Sent from my GT-I9000
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
And the upcoming complete m7 library will be a free community library. Mind blown. God bless the guys who make it possible.

Sent from my GT-I9000
I know!! I have a feeling that this library alone will convince a lot of people to buy Nebula.
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Playing with HO's Klaritizer today.

Am I going deaf? I know I've got a severe rolloff around 12k or so, but I'm really just not hearing it even on max setting.... on mix or on vocals.
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint Nobody View Post
Playing with HO's Klaritizer today.

Am I going deaf? I know I've got a severe rolloff around 12k or so, but I'm really just not hearing it even on max setting.... on mix or on vocals.
I bought it yesterday and will try it tonight. I'll post my feedback.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpchartrand View Post
I know!! I have a feeling that this library alone will convince a lot of people to buy Nebula.
can you tell me who is making the bundle? and where is the M7 preset that you said you already had?

i just bought a few of the reverbs for ambiences - all other reverbs seem absolutely rubbish now..

i think developers should hold nebula verbs as the bar for comparison now.. all other verbs i have including my once beloved UAD emt-140 seem so static and lifeless now..
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear addict

Ok so i tried the Klaritizer and everything is working fine for me. I can definitely hear a difference when it's on.
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
Gear addict

All you Ableton Live users who own the AlexB preamp pack..

Stick an Ableton multiband comp on them master (a preset called, well, "multiband compression"), set the average GR to ~4-6dB and drop the Fatso TR after that..

Holy automix Batman!
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Animus
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search