New Firepod Driver problems
wayout
22nd November 2005
Old 22nd November 2005
Gear interested

New Firepod Driver problems

"Long time lurker, first time poster..."

I updated the firmware and drivers for my Firepod a couple of days ago, hoping that they had fixed the quirkiness of the "firewire chaining mechanizm." (So that I could chain my firewire HD to the Firepod without the usual problems.

Now there is no option to set the clock to "internal", the only option is "computer", and I am occasionally getting digital stuttering and dropouts.
I have played around with the latency settings for the firepod... With the old drivers I could get 4ms in/4msout. Now it doesnt function reliably with a setting of less than 8ms. And at that, it still occasionally does the stutter.
The remidy is to close and restart Cubase... Usually works.
Its a PITA for me, and embarassing in front of clients, and makes me look MORE like an amateur.

Anyone have similar experience / ideas?
I would be happy to just "rollback" the drivers to the old ones for reliabilitys sake, but I cannot find any info on doing that, and the documentation / online "FAQ" just doesnt cut the mustard. (My biggest complaint with the firepod is the lack of docs)

Thanks very much...

Jason L.

www.jakerock.com
wayout
22nd November 2005
Old 22nd November 2005
Gear interested

I didnt know that "stuttering" was a bad word!
Jason L
22nd November 2005
Old 22nd November 2005
Gear nut

I had to roll back my firmware too because it made me loose SPDIF in on my Mac. Just email them, and they can give you a firmware downgrader.
wayout
22nd November 2005
Old 22nd November 2005
Gear interested

I cant believe that an "upgrade" was so funky with my system... worked alot better before!
Anyway, thanks for the tip, I just emailed them.
Hopefully they will come through.

Cheers!

Jason L
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search