Logic 7.1 to DP...OMF best way...?
New Reply
Subscribe
kudzu
18th November 2005
Old 18th November 2005
Lives for gear

Logic 7.1 to DP...OMF best way...?

I've run out of time on an album and have to hand it to another studio/engineer. I've done the record in Logic 7.1 @ 96Khz/24bit and there's still lots of comping to be done. The guy who's gonna do it uses DP. He's asked for each song arrangement to be exported as an OMF file....I tried to do this but loadsa error messages came up....any ideas guys?
18th November 2005
Old 18th November 2005
Lives for gear

I am not sure, but it could be that the sample rate you are using is not implemented into OMF, it's a bit of an old standard, OMFI is only 16 bit, but OMFII is 24. Do you export an OMF with embedded audio, maybe it will work when you only reference the audio. I've done an export from Nuendo to DP this way, which worked allright.

If it doesn't work then I would just consolidate each track into a long file, maybe with every file starting at the same time, it's not necessary with the embedded time stamp but it will make placing audio a bit easier and you can absolutelely be sure that all tracks are in sync.

I thought Logic had some sort of "bounce all tracks" export feature for cross-platform operation?

Contact the other engineer, probably he doesn't mind long files.
kudzu
21st November 2005
Old 21st November 2005
Lives for gear

"......I would just consolidate each track into a long file, maybe with every file starting at the same time...."

Man, this would take forever....don't have the time......I'll just suggest the engineer buys at least Logic 7.1 Express to open up the songs.....his problem now
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search