Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear

KT Drum Trigger

Anyone know how to get KT Drum Trigger working in Nuendo ? I loaded KT on a kick track and it was looking good.. Then i created a midi track and selected KT Trigger as the midi input but the midi track doesnt appear to be recieving any input from the KT plugin ?

The computer i tried it on doesnt have any other midi input devices installed on it could that be the problem ? I dont want to go near any virtual midi drivers like Midiyoke because they are useless.. But id like to consider getting addictive drums for sound replacement as i like the samples ive heard. I want to know i can trigger the addictive kit properly before i go any further.

The other alternative is wait for drumagog 5 which im told will enable you to use VSTi's within it, but its expensive and i want to see it working 100% before i even consider it..
Old 25th February 2010
Gear maniac

haven't used nuendo, but on ableton live the method is pretty much the same as what you did, so maybe it just doesn't work.

before you go spending more money, take a look here:

KVR: Audio Plug-in Database (Search Page) - VST, Audio Units, RTAS, DirectX, LADSPA, DSSI[]

[top]32&f

0&fe=0&linux=1&osx=1&win=1&free=1&com=1&un=1&sf=0&sort=1&rpp=15&start=15

I don't think that link worked correctly. No matter, try the plug in database, search for category Plugin Chainer / Rack, they will be there.

Not sure if any of these will work, but basically you load this plugin up into nuendo, and then inside this plugin, set up KTDrumTrigger and EZDrummer. Haven't actually tried this - not sure how many of these free VST rack chainers actually support midi generation like KTDrumTrigger - but it's worth a shot.
Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks for your help.. i actually worked it out. I just needed to have record selected on the midi track. I hadnt enabled it and so the signal wasnt being sent through to the synth..

theres no softsynth in this machine really so its just triggering general midi at the moment.. Sounds horrible but at least its patching through.. How do you go with latency in ableton ? What i can hear doesnt sound tight like Aptrigga to me but im guessing it might be the crappy GM sound its triggering..
Old 25th February 2010
Gear maniac

There's an addictive drums demo, you should download it and plug it in... it's not a time-limited thing, but it is limited in other ways - only 1 kick, 1 snare, 1 hat, 1 cymbal, and no toms. It's free, though, and it would give you better sounds than GM And also would help verify your setup.

There are a few free ones better than GM... the free NI Kontakt Player has a couple in it, they aren't great but look for Rough Rider/Easy Rider, they are free too, and load into kontakt player. Also check out the current audiomidi no brainer deal - steven slate drums EX for $20, which is pretty close to free. You need kontakt player for that too. You can get the expansions for $30 right now at esoundz too. You don't have to get them - the basic SSD EX package sound great - just for more variety if you wanted.

You could also check out the esoundz group buys... they are phenomenal deals, but getting out of the 'almost free' range - the current one should get down to $99, but you will need infinite player, which is either $50 in the esoundz store, or you can also get the previous one, which is also $99, and get the player for free. (it came with the first group buy, but it's only free now if you actually get both). When I got that one, and it was $99, i would say it was a way better value than addictive drums (i've played with the demo), which is actually more than that if I am not mistaken. Now I would still say it is a much better value, but costs more.

Lots of spam But no need to wait to get better drums!
Old 25th February 2010
Lives for gear

thanks for the great suggestions.. i really liked what i heard of addictive drums and what i saw of the interface also so i was planning to go that route but i will check out the other options..

In the meantime i will try downloading the free Kontakt player and the AD demo see how that goes with KT Trigger... Thanks for your help..
Old 25th February 2010
Gear maniac

Old 14th June 2014
Gear interested

Sorry Buddy, I'm not in front of my gear right now, but besides just loading KT you have to make sure you do you sends and returns from your BD to KT... if you watch a Youtube video on KT and Cubase it will be the same thing....

something like that... check it out
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search