Sound quality difference between PC & MAC
grooveboxxx
3rd February 2010
Old 3rd February 2010
Gear maniac

Sound quality difference between PC & MAC

Do any of you guys think there is a sonic difference between Mac or PC as a DAW? I am curious what your opinion's are. I have been contemplating making the change so that I can use Logic also. Some people that I have spoke to feel that Mac has a better sonic quality than PC.

Thanks
3rd February 2010
Old 3rd February 2010
Lives for gear

There's no difference in sound quality, only workflow.
3rd February 2010
Old 3rd February 2010
Gear interested

I would agree that there is no sonic difference between Mac or PC.

It just depends on how good your audio interface is, and generally you can have as good a quality as you can afford.
3rd February 2010
Old 3rd February 2010
Lives for gear

Zero sounds like zero. One sounds like one. Your ears make the decisions on which ones or zeros you should go with.

But if you want Logic (which I love more with each passing day) Mac is the only one to go with. PC is a zero as far as that is concerned.
3rd February 2010
Old 3rd February 2010
Lives for gear

NO difference in sound.

Like someone mentioned, the A/D D/A is where the difference will lie regardless of Mac or PC.
3rd February 2010
Old 3rd February 2010
Lives for gear

If anyone needs extra, I got a bunch
grooveboxxx
3rd February 2010
Old 3rd February 2010
Gear maniac

I posted this because of a discussion that I was involved in. I didn't think there was a difference, but the person I was talking to said he had a similar discussion with an colleague. His colleague said he felt the Mac just sounded better. I was in the discussion that I would rather build my recording setup with pre's, outboard, mic's and ect. And then add the Mac because it can be cheaper to start with PC. I felt there was no sonic quality difference between the two. He said Mac was more advanced in the audio engine just as it is in the graphics dept. Thanks for some quick responses. If you don't mind keep them coming.
3rd February 2010
Old 3rd February 2010
Lives for gear

When Logic 8 came out I was frustrated that it was no new features compared to Logic 7 only a new GUI, so I bought myself a PC and Sonar 7.
I tried to learn Sonar 7 and made a few productions with it before I turned back to OS X and Logic, due to the horrible Windows OS.

The fact is that my mixes with Sonar 7 sound different than my Logic mixes.
I can´t say it is better or worse and don´t know reasons why, It may be different included plugins but I use a lot of UAD plugins too...

So, for me, the choice of DAW will affect the sound.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search