Logic Soft synths and samplers
New Reply
Subscribe
Igotsoul4u
18th October 2005
Old 18th October 2005
Lives for gear

Logic Soft synths and samplers

What are some of your favorites. I am currently using the stuff that came stock with logic 6 but am looking for a more intuetive sampler. I also want some new cool sounds that would compliment my motif rack.
18th October 2005
Old 18th October 2005
Lives for gear

I can really recommend Atmosphere for all types of synthsounds and Stylus RMX for beats and grooves.
check the demos at www.spectrasonics.net.
And while you are there check Trilogy for everything bass.

Native Instruments Kontakt is a very cool sampler.

Dr.Wu
18th October 2005
Old 18th October 2005
Lives for gear

Upgrade to 7.1 and get even much more great plugs. Kontakt?

Regards,

RS
18th October 2005
Old 18th October 2005
Lives for gear

i use logic 7.1.1 with my motif es rack and triton pro, the only other plugs i even contemplate use are spectrasonics stuff.. oh yeah, and BFD. after that you have a ton of plugs inside of logic and an industry standard sampler. the exs needs a huge overhaul, but it works, and pretty well. it loads up sample libraries of many different types without any probs. i don't really do any sampling, so i couldn't tell you how well that works. in logic, sculpture is incredible(it's probably related to reactor, but different)... ultrabeat is ok(that's why i use RMX and BFD), evp88 is pretty good. (scarbee samples are the hotness-pull it up in exs), you really can't beat the evb3(especially not with that tired NI B4), EVD6 is not bad, doesn't always work as it should, but not bad.. the ES2 is pretty hot.. kinda like like a synthy absynth plug, but nice. after that the rest not bad. but these are the stand outs of the bunch to me. if you want a more robust sampler kontakt is kinda hot because i've been told it will pull up all of the NI file types from all of the instruments..... happy choosing.
19th October 2005
Old 19th October 2005
Gear nut

Kontakt 2.0 is very unstable at the moment, I'd avoid it if possible. NI are more interested in releasing new products than fixing the serious problems they have with existing ones....

I'm actually on the lookout for a new soft sampler, I refuse to continue to give NI my money any longer.
19th October 2005
Old 19th October 2005
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaby987
i use logic 7.1.1 with my motif es rack and triton pro, the only other plugs i even contemplate use are spectrasonics stuff.. oh yeah, and BFD. after that you have a ton of plugs inside of logic and an industry standard sampler. the exs needs a huge overhaul, but it works, and pretty well. it loads up sample libraries of many different types without any probs. i don't really do any sampling, so i couldn't tell you how well that works. in logic, sculpture is incredible(it's probably related to reactor, but different)... ultrabeat is ok(that's why i use RMX and BFD), evp88 is pretty good. (scarbee samples are the hotness-pull it up in exs), you really can't beat the evb3(especially not with that tired NI B4), EVD6 is not bad, doesn't always work as it should, but not bad.. the ES2 is pretty hot.. kinda like like a synthy absynth plug, but nice. after that the rest not bad. but these are the stand outs of the bunch to me. if you want a more robust sampler kontakt is kinda hot because i've been told it will pull up all of the NI file types from all of the instruments..... happy choosing.
I would say if you could get your hands on some good libraries from ilio, east west, sonic implants, these work great in EXS 24 in a lot of formats, (Giga, AKAI, etc)...also get your hands on the Scarbee Wurly and 73' rhodes along with the vintage FX plug and it's all you'll ever need as far as virtual wurly and rhodes....is it as good as a real rhodes and wurly??? probably not, but it kills all the other emulators out there, by far.....

the three main ones I use are DFHS, Sculpture and Ultrabeat.....for bread and butter stuff some of the Apple loop collectons arent too bad...

I would say if you had a triton or a motif es, Scarbee EP and the included Logic synths and plugs and either DFHS or BFD and you can't make a record with that, the gear is not the problem.....
20th October 2005
Old 20th October 2005
Lives for gear

I agree with the NI comment, they're shockers! all my NI apps are very un-stable.

they lure you into buying Reaktor Session / Dynamo [ they've done this twice ], then a year or two later stop updating it leaving you high and dry or having to pay £££'s extra to use full blown Reaktor.

I won't be buying any more NI plugs, no respect for their customers.
19th November 2005
Old 19th November 2005
Gear maniac

It's even worse these days. I got an FM7 to try out from my dealer (1 month grace period to get your definitive authorization). I never got to trying it out. On the box it says OSX and AU compatible. Inside there is no info on this, the manual is an old version and after installing nothing works. After many fruitless efforts to get some reply from NI concerning this problem they emailed me that I first had to buy and register before they woul allow me to use the fix. So the one month grace period to try out is a joke. And they actually find it perfectly normal that you first have to buy a useless piece of software on their promise that the have a fix!!!
21st November 2005
Old 21st November 2005
Gear interested

as far as Logic plugs go (that have not been mentioned yet):
- You should get to know the EVOC20 (all forms). This comes as a Synth/Vocoder, Filterbank, and Track Oscillator. You'll come up with some pretty crazy stuff!

-ESM, run through your distortion of choice--quick and easy acid lines and 303 basslines

-If you get 7.1, the EFM1 is a neat little tool for FM sounds--not really flexible, but quick and easy to use.

If you want to venture outside of Logic, I recommend looking at MOTU MachFive---next to Kontakt2, it accepts the most sample formats w/o separate conversion software. I havent heard much of anything good about Kontakt though...however I know someone who ditches their GigaSampler for MachFive, and is more than happy.
best of luck!
-m
23rd November 2005
Old 23rd November 2005

mmmm
not many problems here with Kontakt 2
even after moving/editing libraries in the finder (mac)

some instruments from a sampler cd didn't work
but that could be the cd..

for sale a complete SERGE SYNTHESIZER (Creature, EQ-Shift, BOG)

for sale EURORACK MODULAR CASE

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search