Login / Register

Platinum Plus or Gold and Choirs - advice?
New Reply
Subscribe
dino321
30th December 2009
Old 30th December 2009
Gear addict

Platinum Plus or Gold and Choirs - advice?

With the deals going on through tomorrow I can get Symphonic Platinum Plus ...or ...Symphonic Gold w/close mics and Symphonic Choirs for a similar price. (Platinum + for $661.30, Gold/close mics/Choirs for $706.45).

I'm torn. I definitely need the close mic positions but will I need the 24 bit samples? I have no burning need for choirs at this point but they are sooooo cool. Advice and opinions welcome.
31st December 2009
Old 31st December 2009
Gear nut

I personally would go with the 24 bit samples. Although, I believe that they have buy 1 get one free, so even if you got the gold it should only cost $445 and then you get the choirs free. If you get the 24 bit platinum version it is around $800 and then you could get another library free.

God bless!
31st December 2009
Old 31st December 2009
Gear maniac

Gold and choirs.
31st December 2009
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

Personally, I think the 16 bit files sound a lot worse than they should. I wouldn't recommend getting Gold for this reason.

However if you don't think you'll be even remotely picky about EW's 'interpretation' of 16-bit, I suppose you could get Gold now, and use one of their upgrade paths later if/when you change your mind about the fidelity.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search