logic 7 to logic 8 problem.....
New Reply
Subscribe
divine source
26th November 2009
Old 26th November 2009
Gear addict

logic 7 to logic 8 problem.....

i just moved last month form logic 7 to logic 8...... still running "old" powermac G5 and powerbook G4
i was never really worked on it before,but i knew when i'll move to 8 it will be different way of working.

so now,after month or so of working with logic 8 i have few problems.....

since im working with two 19" screens - one for the arrange window,and one for the mixer\piano roll\plugs, i found out that logic 8 is build for one big screen\laptops, and not for dual screen working area (for shore not two small one's like i got....).

first what really disturbing me and effecting my working flow is when im pressing (double click with the mouse) on audio\midi region in the arrange window - its open the piano roll\sample editor at the bottom and not in separate window like it was in logic 7!
im shore its nice when you working with one big screen - but for this i've got 2....
i change the the key shortcut for this - now its open the piano roll in separate window, but how can i change the double click as well????

second im losing space in the arrange window coz of all the extra buttons (up and down),the extra channel on the left(i dont need to see the output channel...),the big transport at the bottom (in logic 7 you had an option for a small one on the up left corner) - i know i can make them smaller and to close the transport\channels on the left,but even if im doing so,i still had more space in logic 7!

i had more things that disturbing me,but i cant remember now.....

so i hope that one of the expert here can help me to solve my problems of moving up to logic 8.....
26th November 2009
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Well, you do know you can have all the separate windows open that you want right? By default, Logic opens to on screen, and it is only so useful. But if you go up into the main bar (the one that has the apple on it at the very top of your computer)... well, dig the photo.

And when you click on those, they open in new windows. The only way to work, really. You can have them all open if you want, all separate.
Attached Images
divine source
26th November 2009
Old 26th November 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mal View Post
Well, you do know you can have all the separate windows open that you want right? By default, Logic opens to on screen, and it is only so useful. But if you go up into the main bar (the one that has the apple on it at the very top of your computer)... well, dig the photo.

And when you click on those, they open in new windows. The only way to work, really. You can have them all open if you want, all separate.
tnx for the advice,
i know i can go to this menu (same like logic 7),and all ways i have the mixer and the piano roll open on the second screen.

i can understand way its so useful - when you working with laptop or one screen (in particular if its big one).

like you said,by default logic open them at the bottom,my problem is that i cant change the default..... all i want is when im pressing (double click) on audio\midi region,that it will open the piano roll\sample editor in new window.
its look like they took this option out.....
26th November 2009
Old 26th November 2009
Gear maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Dan Eriksson
Alt+Click the region.
The Transportbar can be hide/show with a keycommand.

//Dan
divine source
26th November 2009
Old 26th November 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Dan View Post
Alt+Click the region.
The Transportbar can be hide/show with a keycommand.

//Dan
tnx for the tip thumbsup
now i wonder how i can do it with out the Alt button - only double click....
26th November 2009
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Sorry to tell you something that you already knew. I got on Logic with 8, and my experience with 7 was limited to a couple times with Express 7.

Can you not assign a key command to open that window that would work for you?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search