Old 9th October 2009
Gear nut

Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Plugin Bundle

9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Heres the Link - Product: Product: PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle | Lexicon Pro

For over 35 years Lexicon has been recognized as the golden standard of digital reverb and effects processing and has continuously introduced leading edge technology for the audio industry. Lexicon has again rocked the audio industry with a complete collection of the finest reverb plug-ins available. The PCM Native Reverb Plug-In Bundle is the ultimate reverb plug-in for creating professional, inspirational mixes within popular DAWs like Pro Tools, Logic, and any other VST, Audio Unit, or RTAS compatible platform.

With all the flexibility you would expect from a native plug-in, this powerhouse Bundle delivers 7 legendary Lexicon reverbs with hundreds of the most versatile and finely-crafted studio presets, including recognizable classics from Lexicon’s immense library of sounds. Designed to bring the highest level of sonic quality and function to all your audio applications, the PCM Native Reverb Bundle will take center stage in your DAW.

Features at a Glance

7 legendary Lexicon Reverbs
Hundreds of brilliantly crafted studio presets
Multi-platform compatibility (Windows XP, Vista, and 7; Mac OSX 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, PowerPC and Intel)
Formats that work seamlessly in any VST, Audio Unit, or RTAS compatible DAW
Graphical real-time display illustrating the frequency stages of each algorithm
Visual EQ section for easy adjustment of both early and late reflections
Presets can be stored in a DAW independent format which allows custom presets to be transferred between any DAWs.
Full parameter control and automation
Input and output meters for quick assessment of audio levels going to and from the reverb
iLok authorized
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
no TDM version, interesting.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarqueeYears View Post
Call me cynical but hasn't Lexicon got a vested interest in NOT creating a VST plugin that is based on the code running a PCM 96 or even 960.

Nobody deliberately "kicks themselves in the teeth"

I hate the idea of buying a Lexicon plugin reverb when you "know what they could do if they wanted" but knowing that they would never commit commercial suicide.

A lexicon plugin is going to be a Lexion Le - unless their totally mad.

TMY

It makes good sense if they want to survive as a company. Face it. Hardware is being phased out. There will always be a demand and application for it but digital reverb mineaswell be itb.

And look at the price.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Looks like it's based on IR's judging from one of the screen shots. Maybe more?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

I don't usually like to talk about price, but in this case I think it will be a significant issue. And I still hope them to re-think the whole approach.

That said, at least judging from what the main dev behind these plug-ins has told us (see below), the sound quality should be excellent!

Lexicon Reverbs: Lexicon goes Native, at last! - AudioNewsRoom
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
That would be like a bakery selling images of bread.

They invented those algorithms mate.

9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
You are not correct, it's algs.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

The price is ridiculous. With the quality that Universal Audio, TC Electronics and others are putting out one would be really stupid or desperate to invest 1900$ in a damn plugin.

Lexicon are playing this real stupidly and for all of our sakes I really hope they ain't going bust because of these stupid mistakes. Love some of their hardware and I can justify buying that but not this plugin at this price, not even close.

Cheers!
bManic
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear addict

They are out of their mind with the pricing!!!!!!

This is from Audio News:

Updated news: It will be available in November 2009 with a suggested retail price of $1,899. Ok, that probably means less on the street, but unless that's a mistake, I think they should re-think their sales approach on this product NOW. These are prices that could have made sense (for some people) in the TDM market years ago. In 2009 (yeah, I can read the word "crisis" associated with 2009 in your mind), and in the native platforms plug-in arena, they seem hardly justifiable. If the plugs are as good as they're supposed to do (and reading the developer's words above, it's quite safe to assume they sound as they should), Lexicon could make way more money lowering the price of the bundle and/or splitting it in several products. Dear Lexicon, come on, let's make it a win-win situation!
I think the niche of users wanting to spend big money on a reverb would look for hardware devices anyway (new and/or second hand), like Bricasti M7, Lexicon PCM 96 or maybe one of the glorious Lexicon vintage units. I guess this will be a hot topic on the interweb until november.
We'll keep an eye on this thing, stay tuned...

They are on some serious drugs if they think people are gonna buy this for $1,899.00
dfegad
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Wow, WOW...
I can't believe it, I MUST try!
Just in time to sell my Lexicon Mx200

Daniel
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Call me cynical but hasn't Lexicon got a vested interest in NOT creating a VST plugin that is based on the code running a PCM 96 or even 960.

Nobody deliberately "kicks themselves in the teeth"
Not exactly kicking themselves in the teeth at $1800 and no production overhead to speak of.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
A lexicon plugin is going to be a Lexion Le - unless their totally mad.
We may indeed be mad, but these are the PCM96 reverbs (which are a bit better than the 960L reverbs.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

at least once in a while that I don´t have GAS......

I´ll be happy with Bricasti´s M7, maybe a second one day when V.2 is out,
otherwise I´ll be a happy camper with a real EMT140, Altiverb and maybe an old Lex200.

sorry this doesn´t tempt me even a little bit, I´d rather try to built a chamber in the yard one day
Shy
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

TheMarqueeYears: PCI-e cards?! You actually prefer that over a native plugin? What can I say..

Nobody Special: this may have been answered already, but, by saying these are the PCM96 reverbs, you mean exactly those algorithms, ported? Or "interpretations" of them, as many companies have done in the past with various products?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I shall reserve judgement :-)

Personally I would liked to have seen a range of Lexicon PCI-e cards for $1500.

Lexicon 224XL on a PCI-e card exact same alog's ...... oooh I get "wet" just thinking about it.

Lexicon 480 on a PCI-e card .... exact same alog's, patches the lot, you'd clean up the whole market in one fell swoop IMHO.

The reason I'd like a DSP cards, is I like the idea when I invest in software that I know for certain no-one else is downloading it from the web for free - I hate pirated software and DSP dongles do seem to stop it (no UAD cracks ever seen)

TMY

So people steal hardware too so are you not going to use hardware because of it?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009

I always thought the converters played a significant part in the magic lexicon sound. Have they modeled this?

Will this plug-in have the same algo's as the 480? In a side-by-side shoot out with a 480, will this plug-in sound as rich, expansive and smooth? Those are the questions to think about. If so it will definitely be worth its price.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Nobody Special

could it be you´re Dave Griesinger ?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Nobody Special

could it be you´re Dave Griesinger ?
No, but thanks for playing. You win the home version of our game.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

matter transporter hrhr...now it seems clear what you meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
Will this plug-in have the same algo's as the 480? In a side-by-side shoot out with a 480, will this plug-in sound as rich, expansive and smooth?
I find it interesting how each generation of lexicon reverbs has been hated by the owners of the former generation.
There are many 480 owners that "hate" the 960´sound.
Then the 960 owners (like me) "just can´t believe" that a unit like the pcm 96 at a fraction of its price sounds similar/better.
Have the feeling the game is going on here "cause it´s just impossible that a plug sounds as good as the real thing"
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
People steel hardware - what like about .0000000001% compared to the steeling of software. Bad comparison

I like DSP cards - is that a crime, last time I looked it wasn't.

TMY

I like DSP cards too and have a UAD2 quad and UAD1s since they were released. but face it, dsp cards are nothing short of dongles in this day and age of supercomputing cpus.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
Nobody Special: this may have been answered already, but, by saying these are the PCM96 reverbs, you mean exactly those algorithms, ported? Or "interpretations" of them, as many companies have done in the past with various products?
I wrote the code for both, so I don't need to interpret anything. The computer is more than capable of running that code without compromise. Found a few minor bugs in the PCM96 code which I've fixed here. But I intend to take those fixes back to the 96 when I can. I left the input panners out of these algs because it's easier to do it in the DAW. That's the only difference.

But I fully expect non-double-blind tests to 'prove' the 96 is better because it's hardware .
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post
No, but thanks for playing. You win the home version of our game.
hello Michael Carnes. now do I win a free pcm bundle?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear nut

If these reverbs are every bit as good as those in the PCM96 (which I've never heard), I'm sure there will be enough people who'll fork over the cash for this plugin.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009

Nobody Special, quick question:

Can you honestly say that the plug-in will be as rich, smooth and dimensional as the 480? Have you specifically compared them?
Shy
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post
I wrote the code for both, so I don't need to interpret anything. The computer is more than capable of running that code without compromise. Found a few minor bugs in the PCM96 code which I've fixed here. But I intend to take those fixes back to the 96 when I can. I left the input panners out of these algs because it's easier to do it in the DAW. That's the only difference.

But I fully expect non-double-blind tests to 'prove' the 96 is better because it's hardware .
OK, so you mean they're the exact same algorithms, with some fixes. I wouldn't believe anyone but you and my own ears anyway, so I don't care about "proofs" by anyone. In short, I'm very interested then, and will most likely get this bundle.
Great respect for your work, and for the decision to finally offer a native plugin product.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I always thought the converters played a significant part in the magic lexicon sound. Have they modeled this?
If you mean massive phase shift and brick-wall anti-aliasing, then no, we haven't bothering modeling it. The 480 also had digital I/O and I never heard anyone complain that the magic vanished when they went digital.

Quote:
Will this plug-in have the same algo's as the 480? In a side-by-side shoot out with a 480, will this plug-in sound as rich, expansive and smooth? Those are the questions to think about. If so it will definitely be worth its price.
This has more modern versions of some of the 480 algs. I haven't bothered to go back and duplicate the 480 exactly, but the 96 and these plugs have many similar characteristics. If you think the 480 is smooth, just pop in some very low frequencies, turn up spin and listen to it grind. I'm not dissing the 480, but it does have some shortcomings.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Also dedicated DSP units have a large impact on the sound quality.
Casey Dowdell from Bricasti mentioned once that the parallel designed chips in a hardware unit are capable of producing much faster updating of samples, creating a much denser thicker sound than a PC can (more serial processing, buffer overlay etc)

If its really as good sounding as the 960/pcm96 series, it will be a HUGE cpu hog and youll need the most expensive pc config out there.

=
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is there any chance that Lexicon would consider creating a 224XL plugin - as they must still posses those algo's and they would surely easily run on a modern quadcore PC.

The market for the older boxes as plugins must be massive.

I hope this is the start of something really exciting from Lexicon. Fingers crossed.
+1 make it sound bad again
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search