Subscribe
Steven Slate
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Slate Digital Announces TRIGGER Drum Replacement Plugin

See Slate Digital at AES booth #170

TRIGGER Advanced Drum Replacement VST/RTAS/AU

Introducing TRIGGER, the next generation of drum replacement by Slate Digital. TRIGGER introduces new features and advancements not found in any other drum replacement plugin. At the heart of TRIGGER is a revolutionary new triggering engine with Slate Digital’s ADVANCED ALGORITHMS. The engine also contains the AMG humanization algorithm. AMG is a physically modeled triggering algorithm that allows the triggered drums to play with an extremely realistic and natural response. Even ghost notes and complex drum fills can now be retriggered with ease, naturally.

FEATURES
TRIGGER has a MULTI LAYERED triggering engine with 6 stereo channels. This means in ONE instance of the plugin, you can trigger a close mic’d sample, a stereo overhead sample, and a stereo room mic sample, all at once from a single drum track! This allows the user to recreate the sound of natural drums with real multitracked samples. Each sample layer has parameters for customization such as velocity, tune, pan, dynamic control, sustain, and independent levels. Other features include positional sensing, automation for all parameters, MIDI in/out, visual hit detector, and 127 different articulations per sample layer. Aside from using multitrack'd samples, TRIGGER allows you to stack samples however you'd like to create custom drum sounds.

FOR THE MIXER IN ALL OF US
Got a really heavy mix and need an aggressive and punchy drum sound that cuts like a knife? Simply enable TRIGGER's aggro mode, which forces it to use only the loudest sample velocities.
Got a mix that you need easy soft drum sounds? Enable the soft mode, and instantly all the aggressive rimshot samples are muted. TRIGGER sample pools contain numerous presets that can cater towards any mix, just the way you like it.

SAMPLE ACCURATE TRIGGERING
When using TRIGGER, you will hear tight, sample accurate drum triggering without unwanted mistriggers, flamming, or phasing. Kick samples line up tight with the original kick drums, snare drum transients align perfectly, and tom fills come out exactly like the original tracks. The TRIGGER algorithm uses extremely advanced transient detection dsp modules and will produce without question, the most accurate results from even complex snare rolls and fills, without hours of tweaking or having to manually move around hits.

TWO MODES
Trigger comes with two modes, LIVE and ACCURATE. LIVE mode is geared for live on-stage triggering and has a no-latency engine. ACCURATE mode is the professional studio setting, which enables TRIGGER’s advanced engine to replicate the original drum track with the most precise detail and natural velocity response.

STEVEN SLATE DRUMS
TRIGGER comes stock with a library of the industry standard STEVEN SLATE DRUMS drum samples. Elite mixers such as Chris Lord Alge, Mike Shipley, Dave Way, Jeff Juliano, Jay Baumgardner, Ben Grosse, David Kahn, and many more top names have relied on STEVEN SLATE DRUMS to help enhance the drum sounds in their mixes for years. All the samples in STEVEN SLATE DRUMS are recorded to 2 inch tape and processed with the finest in vintage and modern analog gear. STEVEN SLATE DRUMS include three sample layers including stereo room mic samples from the famous NRG RECORDING in North Hollywood, California.

GO DELUXE
Included in TRIGGER Platinum are drum samples from the new STEVEN SLATE DRUMS “Deluxe” series. The DELUXE series of samples are recorded with an extreme attention to detail with multiple articulations, and include mono direct mics, stereo overheads, stereo room mics from NRG RECORDING, and stereo reverb samples from the Bricasti M7 digital reverb. With SLATE DIGITAL’s TRIGGER, you can trigger all of these layers from one drum track, with one instance of the plugin.

IN TRIGGER WE TRUST
TRIGGER is the ultimate way to take your drum sounds to the next level without fuss or hassle. With its sample accurate engine, extreme detail, natural response, multiple drum layers, and professional STEVEN SLATE DRUMS sample library, you’ll never have to worry about drums again. Whats more is TRIGGER containts its own lossless file system that is easy on your CPU.

SOUND SAMPLES

below is a clip of some drums that were recorded in the Slate Studios storage closet:

and then with two instances of TRIGGER, one on the kick, the other on snare. Both use the direct mic, and the stereo mics from studio A of NRG Recording:

The Overheads and Toms use the INCLUDED "Ultimate Studio Room Impulses".. a series of impulses recorded by Steven Slate from top studio rooms with vintage mics, compression, eq, and landing on real 2 inch tape. The result is IR's that you can use on your unsampled tracks to make them come ALIVE.. This amazing new feature is easy to use and helps make this storage room sound like a $800 per hour studio session.

Now, check out this complex snare fill in the NON sampled track:

This real drum fill has such subtleties and dynamics that most people would avoid trying to trigger off it.. Hear how TRIGGER handles it with EASE in an extremely natural way, no fiddling or extreme tweaking:

Come hear trigger do these complex replacements and more at AES booth #170. Please PM for appointments!
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
x86 Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to George Necola
ok.. I want to have it.

now
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

o.k. just one question ...

how quick can I get it ?

wolfgang
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
x86 Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to George Necola
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolstudio View Post
o.k. just one question ...

how quick can I get it ?

wolfgang
sorry.. I was first.. right now mixing a project and want to kick drumagog out of the window and aptrigga in the trash (too limited..)

steven..
---------------------------------------------
www.georgenecola.com produce & mix itm/gear & fun

blog.georgenecola.com reviews & gear
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Would it be possible to use your own samples as well? (I think so, but I'm not sure..)
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear addict

misspelling

Steve, Trigger sounds interesting! Good luck with this product.

p.s. in Trigger's GUI "sensitivity" is misspelled.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Send a message via AIM to Killah_Trakz Send a message via MSN to Killah_Trakz Send a message via Skype™ to Killah_Trakz
hmmmm

If its over 50 bux no business...... need something rtas and cheap!
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Will it be boundles with Slate's sample libraries?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

thumbsup Looks cool! Any demos out yet?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear nut

What I want to know is, since it has slate samples, will there be an upgrade path if you already own the samples? or will this come with 4.0 ? I'm almost ready to upgrade from 2.0 but if it's in 4.0 should I wait?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to LeMauce
Damn it looks cool AND easy to use! So AU/RTAS/VST.... => Ilok?
Also for the Mastering Plug that you guys are bringin out?
And price direction?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Some busy fellas over there at Slate. Hoping there will be a demo to A/B with my Drumagog.
Steven Slate
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

TRIGGER will come with various bundles of Steven Slate Drums samples. The initial bundle that has 10 kicks, 10 snares, (including one set of DELUXE samples) and 2 sets of toms, will be $149. This price is subject to change but that was what was last told to me, I'm hoping Steven (at AES in NYC) can read this thread and confirm that.

The Platinum version of TRIGGER contains the exact same plugin, with more bundled samples. There are no missing features, etc.

The key word to describe TRIGGER is EASY. I can say from personal use, its a very grab and go plugin. Stick it on the track, the sample lines up and plays exactly how you'd expect it.

The IR Room impulses are really amazing as well. The big issue I always had with drum replacement is that after replacing the the hits, the cymbals still sounded like they were in a small room. Not any more, the IR's load up quick and make the whole kit sound cohesive.

Alex
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear maniac

I'm hoping for a version of the plugin that just contains trigger for those who have all the samples.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWYF11 View Post
I'm hoping for a version of the plugin that just contains trigger for those who have all the samples.
+1
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear maniac

Couple of questions about TRIGGER

Well, let's not be cheapshots. I think the price IS right, how much did you pay for drummagog? Yeah That's what I thought ;-) I do have Slates samples, but don't mind paying full price for the xtra features (reverbs etc..) because I don't think there is anything comparable at twice the price (samples included).

I do have a couple questions tho, even if I use drmagog on a duplicated track for easier control, a blend knob on TRIGGER would be more than welcome!
and of course a phase switch to go with it, the phase switch on Drmagog is a joke, and I find it ludicrous to have to insert a phase switch plug post Drumagog. There's always a workaround for everything but given the amazing flexibility this new plug may offer, this would seem a basic feature most would need.

My appologies if those features are indeed part of TRIGGER, I couldn't see them on the GUI.

That being said, it Looks like a fantastic plug!!
Slate made a giant splash in the industry today with the realease of all those new plugs/analog gear!
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce View Post
Damn it looks cool AND easy to use! So AU/RTAS/VST.... => Ilok?
Also for the Mastering Plug that you guys are bringin out?
And price direction?
Slate Digital
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRose View Post
Well, let's not be cheapshots. I think the price IS right, how much did you pay for drummagog? Yeah That's what I thought ;-) I do have Slates samples, but don't mind paying full price for the xtra features (reverbs etc..) because I don't think there is anything comparable at twice the price (samples included).

I do have a couple questions tho, even if I use drmagog on a duplicated track for easier control, a blend knob on TRIGGER would be more than welcome!
and of course a phase switch to go with it, the phase switch on Drmagog is a joke, and I find it ludicrous to have to insert a phase switch plug post Drumagog. There's always a workaround for everything but given the amazing flexibility this new plug may offer, this would seem a basic feature most would need.

My appologies if those features are indeed part of TRIGGER, I couldn't see them on the GUI.

That being said, it Looks like a fantastic plug!!
Slate made a giant splash in the industry today with the realease of all those new plugs/analog gear!
Yeah, don't know if those are included, but excellent suggestions- phase and wet/dry. Even better would be a continuous phase shifter- 0-180.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to drastic
Well this looks like a good alternative to Drumagog 5. I would be interested in the "No Samples" version too as I already have them.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixmixmix View Post
p.s. in Trigger's GUI "sensitivity" is misspelled.
Yup, first thing I noticed also.

Would love to check this out soon...!

War
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to jacko Send a message via Skype™ to jacko
Quote:
Originally Posted by drastic View Post
Well this looks like a good alternative to Drumagog 5. I would be interested in the "No Samples" version too as I already have them.
will the triggering algorithm be better than in the drumagog?
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
will the triggering algorithm be better than in the drumagog?
Only time will tell.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
TRIGGER will come with various bundles of Steven Slate Drums samples. The initial bundle that has 10 kicks, 10 snares, (including one set of DELUXE samples) and 2 sets of toms, will be $149. This price is subject to change but that was what was last told to me, I'm hoping Steven (at AES in NYC) can read this thread and confirm that.

The Platinum version of TRIGGER contains the exact same plugin, with more bundled samples. There are no missing features, etc.
what about the people that already has SSD 3.5 platinum?..
will you sell "just" the plugin? without drums samples (for those who already have them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
The IR Room impulses are really amazing as well. The big issue I always had with drum replacement is that after replacing the the hits, the cymbals still sounded like they were in a small room. Not any more, the IR's load up quick and make the whole kit sound cohesive.
so...will it have integrated IR´s or will it have a IR loader?
a drum replacement plugin with integrated IR loader would be THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER.PERIOD.
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
sorry.. I was first.. right now mixing a project and want to kick drumagog out of the window and aptrigga in the trash (too limited..)

steven..
You mean you wanna kick poor tracking out the window and sloppy drummers in trash? tutt

Mrten
9th October 2009
Old 9th October 2009

well it's certainly better looking than drumagog

matt
10th October 2009
Old 10th October 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Spot View Post
Would it be possible to use your own samples as well?
This hasn't been answered?

I would hope so. The software looks great and I would like to use my own samples.
10th October 2009
Old 10th October 2009
Lives for gear

Hey guys, TRIGGER will certainly be able to use your own samples, and we'll make it very simple to turn your samples into a multi layer TRIGGER format.

Trigger's transient detection algorithm took over a year to perfect and I'm happy to say it is an absolute joy to use because it does exactly what its supposed to do without any hassle.

My team and I are working hard to move things along so you can actually get to use it soon. thanks for the support, and I hope to see you all at booth 170
SSD Drum Suite now Available for DOWNLOAD!!
40 WORLD CLASS DRUMKITS FOR RTAS/VST/AU
www.slatedigital.com
DOWNLOAD NEW TRIGGER DEMO!
www.slateproaudio.com
10th October 2009
Old 10th October 2009
Lives for gear

Will this plugin have a similar feature announced in Drumagog5 that will allow integration of VSTi drum samplers like S2, BFD2 and others?

I already use Drumagog4 with SSD samples but the ability to use S2 sounds inside a trigger plugin with the OH and room mics available to me would really make the upgrade to Drumagog5 a no brainer. Just want to know what Trigger will bring to the table on the heals of the Drumagog5 announcement.
Rainbow Sounds Recording
www.rainbowsounds.com

10th October 2009
Old 10th October 2009
Gear addict

If a person does not own drumagog already,this will be much less expensive and it comes with Slate sounds.

I don't think there would be other advantages over drumagog 5 unless it triggers better.

I have drumagog 3 and I don't think any of the sounds have any use.

I think drumagog is a bit pricey if you have to use your own libraries anyway.

Peter
11th October 2009
Old 11th October 2009
Lives for gear

The final feature list of Trigger will be announced shortly. Every day my team of find things to add, even since yesterday there are some new things that Trigger will be capable of.

A fellow gearslutter came to the booth today who was skeptical that TRIGGER could actually trigger the complex snare fill without some special setting or tweaking. So I pulled up the exact session and showed that at the default setting, with Detail at .10, Trigger can easily capture every hit of the snare fill with perfect alignment, and perfect representation of the dynamics and velocity.

I'd love to show you too, come down to booth 170. Bring TWO cups of coffee.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search