CUBASE: Possible to mixdown separate tracks?
erike123
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Gear nut

CUBASE: Possible to mixdown separate tracks?

Hei : )

I want my cubase project containing of 32 tracks mixed down to 32 seperate wave/aiff tracks.

I just wonder if there is a simple Button/Procedure for mixing down separate tracks in cubase, instead of solo the first track, press mixdown, wait 5mins for the track to mixdown, solo the second track, press mixdown, wait 5 more mins, solo the third track, wait 5 more m. . . I think you get it

Every answer highly appreciated
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Administrator

what version of cubase are you running?
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by erike123 View Post

I want my cubase project containing of 32 tracks mixed down to 32 seperate wave/aiff tracks.

I just wonder if there is a simple Button/Procedure for mixing down separate tracks in cubase, instead of solo the first track, press mixdown, wait 5mins for the track to mixdown, solo the second track, press mixdown, wait 5 more mins, solo the third track, wait 5 more m. . . I think you get it

Cubase 5 has an export window to do them all at the same time.
IF your on Cubase 4 or earlier, your STUCK with that method.
Another option you could do is set your left and right locators and bonce all the tracks so they will be one continuos file. Go into the POOL and export them out from there. You wont get your plugsin or automation this way but you will have the raw files
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Gear addict

I believe Logic has Bounce in Place or is it Reaper?

Anyway, only way I know is to create the same number of bus channels, route the individual channel outputs to these buses and then create that many audio channels and route their inputs to the buses and record them.
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Gear addict

if you freeze each track, it will create a separate .wav that *does* have your processing. just freeze the track, then look in your folder that contains the frozen tracks.
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by erike123 View Post

I'll let you do the online homework, but here are some starting places for helpful utilities:

MEAP:

MEAP - Multi Export Audio Pro - Cubase / Nuendo Stem Batch Export Tool - Download

Senderella:

KVR: Subminimal Senderella - Virtual Effect

Silverspike TapeIt2:

Silverspike - TapeIt

Best,

Tom
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Christ View Post
if you freeze each track, it will create a separate .wav that *does* have your processing. just freeze the track, then look in your folder that contains the frozen tracks.
That method's no longer valid from 4.x and above since the freeze files aren't contiguous equals of the original tracks. The freeze files omit any spaces in the audio so they're pretty useless for that. It's also a reason why freezing files is faster now in Cubase... it's writing smaller files. If you have a contiguous track with two bars of silence in the middle, the freeze file won't render the silence, it will bump the actual audio back closer together and close the gap.

In Cubase 4 you can make dummy busses and just record all of the stems at once to new tracks. Make 24 dummy busses (hardware outputs assigned to no hardware) in a output preset that you can call up, assign or send your tracks to those dummy busses, create 24 new tracks assigned with those busses as inputs and record the stems directly in realtime.
erike123
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperschool View Post
what version of cubase are you running?
Cubase 4
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Lives for gear

Cubase 5 has channel export
erike123
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
Gear nut

Besides the channel export feature, any other good reasons for upgrading to cubase 5?
LQM
25th September 2009
Old 25th September 2009
LQM
Lives for gear

VARIAUDIO and Pitch Correct. Groove Agent One with Beat Designer, Reverence (convolution reverb), tempo track/meter can now be viewed in line with the project, new automation panel, loopmash, batch export of audio files, VST Expression, virtual keyboard, improved media bay, Midi monitor plugin, sort vst plugins by vendor.
26th September 2009
Old 26th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQM View Post
VARIAUDIO and Pitch Correct. Groove Agent One with Beat Designer, Reverence (convolution reverb), tempo track/meter can now be viewed in line with the project, new automation panel, loopmash, batch export of audio files, VST Expression, virtual keyboard, improved media bay, Midi monitor plugin, sort vst plugins by vendor.
What he said
26th September 2009
Old 26th September 2009
Gear addict

Cheaper alternative than upgrading will be Silverspike - TapeIt .
But if can afford upgrade to Cubase5, i don't see any reasons not to do that, except - if Your DAW's cpu is maxing out, when You mix.
9th September 2010
Old 9th September 2010
Gear Head

But channel batch doesn't work properly!

If I have a group channel using sends it won't include the sends' output in the bounce - you have to separately bounce the sends aswell.... and then you have a new audio track containing all of the send information which could be relevant to several tracks at once, which therefore is useless.

The channel batch should work in place of us bouncing each individual channel one at a time, the old school way. But it doesn't.
6th December 2010
Old 6th December 2010
Gear maniac

Cubase 5 is much better but its not about the functions. Just a better feel.

Im sure it sounds exactly the same, but seems a bit more efficient to me.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search