Gearslutz.com

Gearslutz.com (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music Computers (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/)
-   -   Spectrasonic Trillian? (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/419761-spectrasonic-trillian.html)

Dr.Wu 2nd November 2009 03:19 PM

Eric said that the next update is around the corner and will contain lots of synthbasses.
In the meantime you could switch of the arp and play those patches manually.

I was busy over the weekend exploring yet another one of the many new funkbasses in Trilian
here is the result

Rule of Thump on Vimeo
hittt

AmbientArchitect 2nd November 2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cane creek (Post 4731905)
I bought Trilogy some years back and registered and used it on a PC , in Feb '08 i bought a 8 core Mac so for the last 19 months ive not used Trilogy at all i didn't install it on the Mac as i didn't fancy using a third party wrapper so i just did without thinking spectrasonics would bring out a trilogy update for intel Macs' , of course they didn't but Announced Trillian instead and Announced it would be free for Mac intel users ? well it wasn't free for me it cost $99 + $29 and it has just arrived today and UPS have just taken £20 cash off me on the door step which for me is unheard of ? this never happened when i got the Omnisphere upgrade which incidentally i registered under Intel Mac.

So in English terms it cost me £101 , which isnt a free upgrade.

I emailed spectrasonics yesterday however as i expected no reply , they have the money now so i assume im a Mac intel user who had to pay whilst eveybody else got it free.

If Spectrasonics is watching this thread im "Tyrone" on a BT internet email address , im sure theres not many of them outhere.

How did you get on with this? I have been on Intel Mac since early 2007 and had installed Trilogy with the wrapper but it was initially installed on a PC. I also paid $99, which on the face of it isnt too bad, but $29 for shipping and the extra £20 I had to pay the UPS guy this afternoon ticked me off a little. It's still not a bad price but I am very unclear about the free for intel mac users bit.

Cheers.

digital 1010 2nd November 2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judd.adrian@gmai (Post 4740991)
How did you get on with this? I have been on Intel Mac since early 2007 and had installed Trilogy with the wrapper but it was initially installed on a PC. I also paid $99, which on the face of it isnt too bad, but $29 for shipping and the extra £20 I had to pay the UPS guy this afternoon ticked me off a little. It's still not a bad price but I am very unclear about the free for intel mac users bit.

Cheers.

£20 for what ? customs ? dfegad

Ben

AmbientArchitect 2nd November 2009 04:30 PM

Yeah, exactly! Not Spectrasonics fault, but import VAT £9.04 and then Brokerage Surcharges and Other Government Charges of £11. I never got this charge when I received my Omnisphere upgrade so perhaps something changed in the system.

Animus 2nd November 2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judd.adrian@gmai (Post 4741024)
Yeah, exactly! Not Spectrasonics fault, but import VAT £9.04 and then Brokerage Surcharges and Other Government Charges of £11. I never got this charge when I received my Omnisphere upgrade so perhaps something changed in the system.

Do you EU people have to pay income taxes as well or just a VAT?

digital 1010 2nd November 2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animus (Post 4741114)

We pay to breath these days gooof

Ben

AmbientArchitect 2nd November 2009 05:11 PM

In fact, careful how many words you type. Might get charged for that too gooof

Animus 2nd November 2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digital 1010 (Post 4741138)

Ben

Seems to be the trend with modern governments. Even here in America we pay through the teeth when you take into account all the cumulative taxes we pay: state/fed taxes, sales tax, real estate tax, capital gains, vehicle taxes, etc etc. I even have to pay taxes on my pets now. mezed

elambo 2nd November 2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Wu (Post 4740846)
Eric said that the next update is around the corner and will contain lots of synthbasses.

I guess he missed the other three or four times this was stated above, quite recently... gooof

digital 1010 2nd November 2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animus (Post 4741156)
Seems to be the trend with modern governments. Even here in America we pay through the teeth when you take into account all the cumulative taxes we pay: state/fed taxes, sales tax, real estate tax, capital gains, vehicle taxes, etc etc. I even have to pay taxes on my pets now. mezed

dfegad on governments

All i wanna do is play some baaaaaaasssss mannnnnnnnnnnn peachh

Ben

hipass 2nd November 2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digital 1010 (Post 4741138)

Ben

But in America if you get sick you have to sell your house and go bankrupt before you get medical attention.

Sorry Off topic

But I am getting my upgrade later this week I am hoping it will work well for me.

MYAMS 2nd November 2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judd.adrian@gmai (Post 4740991)

Cheers.

u got owned it was for free for us- you were supposed to go through tech shop and get for free, I just paid 6 bucks for ground shipping

Shipping was through tech shop but no UPS tracking code was giving which I wasn't too happy about, hope its coming soon I ordered it last monday!

MYAMS 2nd November 2009 08:47 PM

Actually jsut got it today when I got home!

Dr. Wu (u seem to be the spectra expert round here) or anyone else, do you guys know how to uninstall trilogy? I am trynna get rid of it for good heh

Dr.Wu 2nd November 2009 08:49 PM

search for trilogy.dat and trash that file.
Thats the big one with the samples

MYAMS 2nd November 2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Wu (Post 4741877)
search for trilogy.dat and trash that file.
Thats the big one with the samples

ahh, no uninstaller? I hate leaving things messy...

Dr.Wu 2nd November 2009 09:28 PM

didnt know you are on a PC.
On he mac there is only two files to trash the trilogy dat and the trilogy vst or AU plug.
Might as well be that there is an uninstaller on DVD 1 of Trilogy for windows.

MYAMS 3rd November 2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Wu (Post 4741976)
didnt know you are on a PC.
On he mac there is only two files to trash the trilogy dat and the trilogy vst or AU plug.
Might as well be that there is an uninstaller on DVD 1 of Trilogy for windows.

nope on Mac, but yeah figured it out thank you kfhkh

Animus 3rd November 2009 03:04 AM

It's annoying as hell to me that Apple still hasn't provided any type of uninstaller yet with Macos X. Right now I use CleanApp. Just deleting the obvious stuff manually won't do it in a lot of cases. Some things install shit all over the place.

elambo 3rd November 2009 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animus (Post 4742928)
It's annoying as hell to me that Apple still hasn't provided any type of uninstaller yet with Macos X.

Agreed! It's ridiculous. We've had intelligent uninstalling under Windows for, what, over a decade?

cane creek 3rd November 2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elambo (Post 4741159)
I guess he missed the other three or four times this was stated above, quite recently... gooof

When you choose a demo synth patch it also actually tells you in the description that there is more to come heh

Dr.Wu 3rd November 2009 07:43 AM

too true to be good!
hittt

cane creek 3rd November 2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animus (Post 4741114)

In England we pay Income Tax + VAT + Counsel tax.

About a third of our wages are taken away in Income Tax and National insurance.

Then we pay 15% VAT on everything we buy (apart from food) , this will go up to 20% soon to pay for credit crunch.

Then you pay the local counsel tax every month (if not your jailed) , this pays for Police , firemen , bin men etc also pays for their pensions too .. they charge me £140 every month.

Then to top it off our Petrol , electricity & Gas seems to be twice the price of any other country.

Atleast Trilian is superb , so there is some good news somewhere heh

sbackdoor 3rd November 2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animus (Post 4742928)
It's annoying as hell to me that Apple still hasn't provided any type of uninstaller yet with Macos X. Right now I use CleanApp. Just deleting the obvious stuff manually won't do it in a lot of cases. Some things install shit all over the place.

App Cleaner works well IMO. Google it, it's free and Apple recommends.

soundgeezer 3rd November 2009 08:02 AM

Anyone else experiencing CPU spikes with trilion ?
In germany I had to pay additionally 32 Euro (app. 50 USD) for tax and custom ...

elambo 3rd November 2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbackdoor (Post 4743519)
App Cleaner works well IMO. Google it, it's free and Apple recommends.

How long before Apple buys App Cleaner and incorporates it into the OS? Soon, I hope.

cane creek 3rd November 2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundgeezer (Post 4743531)
In germany I had to pay additionally 32 Euro (app. 50 USD) for tax and custom ...

was that 32 euro on the full version of trillian or the upgrade ?

TEMAS 3rd November 2009 08:23 PM

Does anyone know if its possible to turn off the 'random' element? Personally, I'm finding it quite annoying that when I'm trying to play a quite section and then every so often a loud note is throw in; or vice versa.

smoke 3rd November 2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundgeezer (Post 4743531)

It ran relatively light on my Mac Pro. Samples take understandably long to load but no breaker there.

btw found the true staccato patch, and was able to translate Trilogy channels into Trillan pretty nicely. At first had some issues trying to change the midi into keyswitch mode.

ie: Random element: I remember in the manual a way to lessen the amount of round robin samples by thinning. That way, you might have less chance running into a 'hard' sample?

Animus 3rd November 2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cane creek (Post 4743518)
Then you pay the local counsel tax every month (if not your jailed) , this pays for Police , firemen , bin men etc also pays for their pensions too .. they charge me £140 every month.

So what happens if you are out of a job and have no income? You still get thrown in jail?