Login / Register

What is everyone's favorite reverb plugin?
New Reply
Subscribe
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

variverb is great (maybe best) but the presets sucks probably thats why its not mentioned much
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

UAD Plate 140, TC Classicverb (when I had powercore). Call me crazy, but this free plug "poor plate" has gotten a lot of use on ballad vox. (( vacuumsound ))

Also using Redline and EOS, but not really as featured verbs. More as background stuff. The SSL verb is probably the best I've heard besides the Plate 140 (haven't heard the 250 yet).
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
UAD Plate 140, TC Classicverb (when I had powercore). Call me crazy, but this free plug "poor plate" has gotten a lot of use on ballad vox. (( vacuumsound ))

Also using Redline and EOS, but not really as featured verbs. More as background stuff. The SSL verb is probably the best I've heard besides the Plate 140 (haven't heard the 250 yet).

That poor plate is a fantastic reverb your not crazy
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinecellar View Post
Ambience is also capable of really good results. Both of these verbs have beat out the big guns for me on MANY occasions, and I've got 'em all. In fact, on several score projects these two have gotten me REALLY close to that elusive Abbey Road Studio One sound on orch tracks - when the budget doesn't allow for the real thing of course ;-) They're now both staples in my scoring template.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure Cubases Roomworks reverb is based on Ambience as well and I've always liked the sound of that one.
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

Redline Reverb and UAD Plate 140. They are both seriously AMAZING reverb plugins.

I love to play a mono synth pad/lead and use the Redline Reverb to make it like the sounds comes directly from heaven, played by hundreds of angels..

Plate 140 on vocals, totally the bomb!!
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

UAD's EMT 140 & 250 and also Sonnox reverb.
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

best thing i have tried is the SIR II stereo convolution which makes full use of the wonderful Bricasti M7 impulses.
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman View Post
best thing i have tried is the SIR II stereo convolution which makes full use of the wonderful Bricasti M7 impulses.
I thought the bricasti impulses were good and then I tried haloverb!

(I will still buy the bricasti hardware when I grow up)

'The art of good management is to keep the people who hate you away from the ones who haven't made up their minds yet'
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

- Cubase5 REVerance with shipped IRs and also with Bricasti IRs
- ArtsAcoustic
- IK CSR
- UAD Plate 140

I like them all. But not every Reverb works for all things, so its not bad to have some different plug-ins

Frank Arnold
Musician and IT Freelancer

| | |
| |
19th August 2009
Old 19th August 2009
Lives for gear

I love altiverb for classical remote recordings where the hall wasn't 'wet enough'. The vienna opera house is awesome. Also for diva vocalists that want big reverb tails, but by and large on most recordings I don't end up using much reverb. On pop/rock/whatever I usually end up using.... [looks over shoulder].... ummm.... [starts fidgeting and looking around]... D Verb non linear tweaking the pre delay to fit the vibe.

Robby
25th August 2009
Old 25th August 2009
Gear nut

WOW! I've just found my new favourite. It's the Modern Spacer found in an old freeware pack of plugins by that fulla at Antress...
25th August 2009
Old 25th August 2009
Lives for gear

Maybe I'm the only one using it but REFLECT from VirSyn is one of the few reverbs I can stand. And Spring Reverb from Softube of course, but it almost seems like a different category. I'm waiting for a chance to really try out the Acoustica IR's as well. Hopefully they can breath some life into the convolution reverbs that so far hasn't satisfied me.
25th August 2009
Old 25th August 2009
Gear nut

Altiverb
25th August 2009
Old 25th August 2009
Gear addict

I haven't tried everything, but I like the UAD Plates and the (discontinued) Wizoo W2.
25th August 2009
Old 25th August 2009
Lives for gear

Waves IR w/Bricasti M7 true stereo impulses - I dig the ease of importing true stereo IR libraries to this engine. Second would be Wizoo W2 but it is not supported by MacIntel. Altiverb is a cool one although a lot of the IR libraries available for it seem to bring mud to the mix - undesirable.
26th August 2009
Old 26th August 2009
Gear nut

I like Altiverb with Acousticas impulses ( lexicon 300 and M7 especially)

I see that a couple of you like IKs CSR reverb. I have it, and I personally dont care too much for it. It seems to lack depth and character to me. I tried it on a bunch of sources and tweaked out the advanced mode, and I still could not get it to sit properly in the mix. For you guys that love CSR, which module and setting for which source do you commonly use?
26th August 2009
Old 26th August 2009
Gear addict

I find Altiverb to be the best convolution reverb out there. Waves IR-L has an advantage only in the Virtual Acoustics digital convolutions that comes with the additional dvd. (Could you install those into Altiverb? Not sure..). I have both but would definitely go with only Altiverb if buying only one. They both win over Space Designer, although SD is also decent.

Redline Reverb by 112db is fantastic! I really recommend having not only a convolution verb, but an algorithm one as well. I find algorithm verbs works better on complicated/dynamic sources that changes quickly over time.
I find myself often using one of each within a project.
Redline is better than Waves Trueverb, R-Verb, Breverb, all Logic ones, and some other ones I tried. Just my opinion.

Although Breverb IS nice if you're going for that 80s, super-lush sound, just a bit too unnatural for my taste. Might be really good for a song with only electronic sounds though..
26th August 2009
Old 26th August 2009
Gear nut

RE: I decided on Aether by 2CAudio

I just voted with my wallet for 2CAudio Aether.

I use Logic/MacPro/FF800/UAD2.

In the last couple of months I have tried Breverb, Redline Reverb, UA EMT250 and the Bricasti impulses. In the convolution vs algorithmic debate I definitely come down on the algorithmic side.

I chose the Aether because of how convincing it created the impression of a real spaces and the tweak-ability. It is the kind of reverb that responds to your playing and singing in a musical way, reminds me of when I had a LXP-15 and monitoring the effect would become part of the performance (BTW not saying it sounds like an LXP-15 just that reminds of hardware reverbs, the latency is low on my system).

My major criticism is that the GUI takes a while to get used to, so I am also looking forward to a GUI update.

Cheers,
Scott
26th August 2009
Old 26th August 2009
Lives for gear

I don't have a favorite verb, it depends on the material I'm processing. The Cubase stuff is good, and the little Focusrite Saffire verb is also very transparant and clean sounding.
26th August 2009
Old 26th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom View Post
That poor plate is a fantastic reverb your not crazy
i also like poor plate alot. same with CJ reverb by airwindows (both just in certain cases of course)
might seem weird to some but i always use the ableton stock reverb ALOT
and find it VERY tweakable and nice to control.
besides that the bricasti, voxengo, airwindows and lexicon 300 IR'S
oh and not to forget the CSR hall! thumbsup

26th August 2009
Old 26th August 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler59 View Post
I use Space Designer with the Bricasti impulses and presets. I didn't care for a lot of the stock Logic Studio presets but there are some real gems in the freebee M7 Bricasti downloads....YMMV.

David Blackmon
Grabbing them now, thanks!

So, yeah, my most used is Space Designer.
27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Airwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro View Post
i also like poor plate alot. same with CJ reverb by airwindows (both just in certain cases of course)
might seem weird to some but i always use the ableton stock reverb ALOT
and find it VERY tweakable and nice to control.
besides that the bricasti, voxengo, airwindows and lexicon 300 IR'S
oh and not to forget the CSR hall! thumbsup
Wow, thanks I should point out that the Airwindows IRs are free, here they are:
http://www.airwindows.com/f/AirwindowsImpulses.zip

Also, I don't know whether you meant my freeverb hack, or the set of verbs I sell which are designed to be used in parallel or series or individually. The freeverb thing is also free:
http://www.airwindows.com/f/FreeverbCJ.dmg

And Verbs isn't free but it's what I would be using. Unlike the freeverb or impulses, the Verbs are dual mono- fed post-pan stereo, you get out reverb tails that are strictly behind the sound sources. I'm not sure anybody else is doing that. It sounds stupid all by itself but in a dense mix it really helps define things, so my favorite verb plug is my own
27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
Wow, thanks I should point out that the Airwindows IRs are free, here they are:
http://www.airwindows.com/f/AirwindowsImpulses.zip

Also, I don't know whether you meant my freeverb hack, or the set of verbs I sell which are designed to be used in parallel or series or individually. The freeverb thing is also free:
http://www.airwindows.com/f/FreeverbCJ.dmg

And Verbs isn't free but it's what I would be using. Unlike the freeverb or impulses, the Verbs are dual mono- fed post-pan stereo, you get out reverb tails that are strictly behind the sound sources. I'm not sure anybody else is doing that. It sounds stupid all by itself but in a dense mix it really helps define things, so my favorite verb plug is my own
i always like to mention your stuff!!! i guess it's the missing guy taht it gets WAAYYYY less attention that it could have!
(ever thought of changing that? i have NO IDEA how complicated that is to include the visual parts into a plugin....the design itself should not be such a big thing to make! maybe start a contest...the coolest one(s) to be taken ...i would even participate LOL!!!)

oh and i meant the freeverb.

27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Gear addict

Altiverb sounds best to me
27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Lives for gear

Cubase own Reverb A.

Reverence is slow....
Simple.
27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Lives for gear

Wizooverb and the new favourite: Audio Damage Eos. Doing a remix now with the plate on vocals. Mmmm.

r,
j,

My pet project, Romfarer
27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Gear nut

Send a message via MSN to ahmz
plugins
i love Vss3
27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Lives for gear

A few UAD EMT 250´s in every EDM project.
27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinecellar View Post
I may get laughed off of GS for this, but I'll play: two of my favorite verbs happen to be free or VERY affordable:

Apple's "Matrix Reverb" (included in OSX), and Magnus Jonsson's "Ambience" (donationware) - Magnus' plugins

They both do things I've never heard anywhere else, and can sound absolutely stunning when tweaked. Matrix Reverb does a room simulation that I find unbeatable for adding realistic "air" around certain things (Leslie cabinets, drums & perc) as well as really good long verbs for pianos, vocals, etc.

Ambience is also capable of really good results. Both of these verbs have beat out the big guns for me on MANY occasions, and I've got 'em all. In fact, on several score projects these two have gotten me REALLY close to that elusive Abbey Road Studio One sound on orch tracks - when the budget doesn't allow for the real thing of course ;-) They're now both staples in my scoring template.

Space Designer can be great too, but like most convolution verbs, it's a matter of what you feed it...
Just tried matrix today and its really really good! thank u for the tip
27th August 2009
Old 27th August 2009
Lives for gear

I'm surprised the Princeton Digital/Eventide 2016 hasn't been mentioned more.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search