Login / Register
 
What has more plug ins: [Cubase 4 or Nuendo 3]
New Reply
Subscribe
Lifted
Thread Starter
#1
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Lifted's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,243

Thread Starter
Lifted is offline
What has more plug ins: [Cubase 4 or Nuendo 3]

Hello

I have been trying to find the plug ins that come standard for Nuendo 3 on Steinberg's site, but no luck here.

Most likely post production is not going to be my thing, so I'm shooting towards Cubase 4.

Can you tell me what program has more plug ins: Cubase 4 or Nuendo 3?

I'm crossing over from Pro Tools into the land of Nuendo/Cubase, so theoretically if I learn Cubase, or Nuendo, I can bounce back and forth with no problem?

EgyptionRing has told me Cubase LE that comes with a piece of equipment I'm buying is a "stripped down version" of the software, can someone explain in what way?

All help is appreciated.
#2
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Inside my brain...
Posts: 3,242

Lawrence is offline
http://knowledgebase.steinberg.de/fi...comparison.pdf

Why Nuendo *3* and not Nuendo *4*?

Obviously Nuendo *3* is not VST3 compatible and therefore cannot use the VST3 plugins so it would probably have fewer plugins then Cubase 4 which has 48 VST3 plugs/instruments along with the VST 2 plugs that were already there.

LE = Limited Edition = It doesn't have all of the features of the paid versions = It's free with ASIO hardware devices so you wouldn't expect it to.
Lifted
Thread Starter
#3
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Lifted's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,243

Thread Starter
Lifted is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
http://knowledgebase.steinberg.de/fi...comparison.pdf

Why Nuendo *3* and not Nuendo *4*?

Obviously Nuendo *3* is not VST3 compatible and therefore cannot use the VST3 plugins so it would probably have fewer plugins then Cubase 4 which has 48 VST3 plugs/instruments along with the VST 2 plugs that were already there.

LE = Limited Edition = It doesn't have all of the features of the paid versions = It's free with ASIO hardware devices so you wouldn't expect it to.

Because my friend is offering me his gear with Nuendo 3 included.

I can't afford to drop 2 thousand on Nuendo 4. Cubase LE comes with a gear I'm looking to buy, or I'm thinking of buying Nuendo 3 from him.

As far as Cubase goes what version is more complete: Cubase AI, Cubase 4 Essential, or Cubase 4 Studio?

Does Nuendo 3 has this nonsense 2 inserts per channel limitation?
#4
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Inside my brain...
Posts: 3,242

Lawrence is offline
Quote:
As far as Cubase goes what version is more complete: Cubase AI, Cubase 4 Essential, or Cubase 4 Studio?
Feature Comparison :: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH :: www.steinberg.net

They do have a website you know...

AFAIK you cannot directly buy Cubase AI, it only comes with certain hardware, so unless you plan on buying certain Yamaha hardware .... ??

Quote:
Does Nuendo 3 has this nonsense 2 inserts per channel limitation?
Think about whether anyone would pay over $1000 for a daw with a 2 insert per channel limit.

What daw are you using that has a 2 insert per channel limit?
#5
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
  #5
Lives for gear
 
SeanG's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: NJ ~ USA
Posts: 724

SeanG is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
Because my friend is offering me his gear with Nuendo 3 included.

I can't afford to drop 2 thousand on Nuendo 4. Cubase LE comes with a gear I'm looking to buy, or I'm thinking of buying Nuendo 3 from him.

As far as Cubase goes what version is more complete: Cubase AI, Cubase 4 Essential, or Cubase 4 Studio?

Does Nuendo 3 has this nonsense 2 inserts per channel limitation?
N3 has 8 inserts per channel... 6 pre-fader, 2 post.



.
#6
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
  #6
Gear addict
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Leeds - UK
Posts: 407

the_man361 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
As far as Cubase goes what version is more complete: Cubase AI, Cubase 4 Essential, or Cubase 4 Studio?
the most complete package of cubase (4) is Cubase 4. next down is Cubase Studio 4, then Cubase Essential 4
Lifted
Thread Starter
#7
29th June 2009
Old 29th June 2009
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Lifted's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,243

Thread Starter
Lifted is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Feature Comparison :: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH :: www.steinberg.net

They do have a website you know...

AFAIK you cannot directly buy Cubase AI, it only comes with certain hardware, so unless you plan on buying certain Yamaha hardware .... ??



Think about whether anyone would pay over $1000 for a daw with a 2 insert per channel limit.

What daw are you using that has a 2 insert per channel limit?
Thanks for the link.

Cubase LE only limits 2 inserts per channel, that's why I'm asking, because on their site I didn't find Nuendo 3 description, only 4.

And yeah, I def get you on paying $1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
N3 has 8 inserts per channel... 6 pre-fader, 2 post.



.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_man361 View Post
the most complete package of cubase (4) is Cubase 4. next down is Cubase Studio 4, then Cubase Essential 4
Appreciate it.


Thanks everybody
#8
29th June 2009
Old 29th June 2009
  #8
Gear maniac
 
58lespaul's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 269

58lespaul is offline
Any reason why you are going with Cubase 4 over Cubase 5?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Reag1502 / Music Computers
7
Hope209 / Music Computers
1
thaddius13 / So much gear, so little time!
11

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.