Buying a PC. Dell vs. Sweetwater Creation Station
New Reply
Subscribe
13th August 2005
Old 13th August 2005
Gear interested

Take a lool at the Digidesign approved TErra Digital Audio M6-R

Hello,

After a week of research, I concluded that the best system for Pro Tools was the Digidesign approved system by Terradigitalaudio (www.terradigitalaudio.com). Why? I first read the information on the Digidesign "Hot News" website and discovered that this was a collaboration between Digi and Terra. It was the first time that I ever saw Digi fully endorse a system at this level. The only systems that Terra builds are strickly for Digidesign Pro Tools, not to mention that the M6-R is the "Only" system qulified for pro Tools HD". I don't build PC's like other people. I wish I could. I jusy want an "Out the Box" solution that will work day one. And I cannot afford to take chances on systems that support al types of DAW products. I am moving from an Apple G4 to the PC. Remember that Apple will be using Intel Pentium chips starting in Jan 2006. So for me, why not start with a PC now. You should call the folks at Terra. I spoke to this guy named Manny, he was very helpful and answered all my questions. Best of Luck!
13th August 2005
Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by innersoul2000
Hello,

After a week of research, I concluded that the best system for Pro Tools was the Digidesign approved system by Terradigitalaudio (www.terradigitalaudio.com). Why? I first read the information on the Digidesign "Hot News" website and discovered that this was a collaboration between Digi and Terra. It was the first time that I ever saw Digi fully endorse a system at this level. The only systems that Terra builds are strickly for Digidesign Pro Tools, not to mention that the M6-R is the "Only" system qulified for pro Tools HD". I don't build PC's like other people. I wish I could. I jusy want an "Out the Box" solution that will work day one. And I cannot afford to take chances on systems that support al types of DAW products. I am moving from an Apple G4 to the PC. Remember that Apple will be using Intel Pentium chips starting in Jan 2006. So for me, why not start with a PC now. You should call the folks at Terra. I spoke to this guy named Manny, he was very helpful and answered all my questions. Best of Luck!
It's usually much more respectable when a company rep just says they're a company rep and suggests their own product...

The four most expensive words in the English language are: "This time it's different."
--John Marks Templeton
Jay Kahrs
13th August 2005
Old 13th August 2005
One with big hooves

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via AIM to Jay Kahrs Send a message via Skype™ to Jay Kahrs
Not only that, but I specifically said that I'm NOT running PT. Nor do I have any interest in running PT.

Doh!!!
mooseaudio.bandcamp.com
Quote:
All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...
13th August 2005
Old 13th August 2005
Gear interested

Company Rep?

What do you mean by company rep?
13th August 2005
Old 13th August 2005
Gear interested

Another Option for You

Another system that looked at was the MusicXPC system (www.musicxpc.com). If your nor using Pro Tools HD, this company has a full line of units that seem to be affordable. They arwe available at Sweetwater and Guitar Center. I have purchased from Sweetwater and feel they have great service.

Best of Luck!
13th August 2005
Old 13th August 2005
Gear addict

13th August 2005
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Head

I just built my own system it took 2 hours to have it up and running !!! bought all of the components from NEWEGG

Very cost effective $1100.00 for a 3.2ghz 2gb ram 800mhzfsb Asus p4c-800 MOBO, 120gb 2 sata drives ( set up as mirrored drives , aluminum case low noise an 80gb system drive with FW adaptors .

$6000 is REDICULOUS for a setup ( if thats for the comp. ) save your money and buy plugs or something. I dont know about setting up Cubase but it shouldnt be that hard ??

LAter
buzz
Jay Kahrs
20th August 2005
Old 20th August 2005
One with big hooves

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via AIM to Jay Kahrs Send a message via Skype™ to Jay Kahrs
Talking

After lots of thought and some careful shopping, I pulled the trigger today and ordered one of these bad boys; http://www.spectralcomputers.com/products/rm5000.cfm

I got it from GC for $1800. It seemed like the best machine for the bread and I just love the red anodized aluminum!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search