New Reply
Subscribe
citycoinlaundry
23rd May 2009
Old 23rd May 2009
Gear interested

cubase files from one comp to another using different firewires

I'm new to forum but need some help,

My question is about cubase Le and how one would transfer files from one studio to another (comp to another) while both studios use the same program, each studio has different firewire software. The first studio is using the A.R.T firewire multichannel which allows a full kit recording on 8 seperate tracks simaltaneously. The second studio is using a firewire solo and when projects are imported into second studio, the project tracks are unmapped and no wave file appears in project import. So, does anyone know how I can go about importing these projects and tracks into second computer and cubase while keeping the original seperate wave files from original computer????

My thought has been that it would not work due to the difference in firewire software. I know that I could mixdown the drum tracks first and send them but I need to keep the tracks seperate so i can add to the songs on second computer and be able to send back to first comp without compromising the tracks. I'd appreciate the help on this matter. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks. will
26th May 2009
Old 26th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by citycoinlaundry View Post
I'm new to forum but need some help,

My question is about cubase Le and how one would transfer files from one studio to another (comp to another) while both studios use the same program, each studio has different firewire software. The first studio is using the A.R.T firewire multichannel which allows a full kit recording on 8 seperate tracks simaltaneously. The second studio is using a firewire solo and when projects are imported into second studio, the project tracks are unmapped and no wave file appears in project import. So, does anyone know how I can go about importing these projects and tracks into second computer and cubase while keeping the original seperate wave files from original computer????

My thought has been that it would not work due to the difference in firewire software. I know that I could mixdown the drum tracks first and send them but I need to keep the tracks seperate so i can add to the songs on second computer and be able to send back to first comp without compromising the tracks. I'd appreciate the help on this matter. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks. will
While my experience with LE is very limited(I use C5 and an older SE version) I will offer some suggestions.

First off, you might try disabling all of the vst outouts except for one set of stereo outs in the A.R.T system and save this project with a different name(something like export to solo...) and maybe when you open it up on the solo comp it might work since it only has one set of stereo outs(I think). Read the manual if you are uncertain of how to enable/disable vst connections,but I think pushing "F4" will open up the vst output window. Also do the same thing to the input connections as this might make a difference. Also in the ART comp projects,open up the media pool and right click in the window and make sure to archive all of the pool. Sometimes this can affect the transfering process.

As for the images not appearing,make sure that the proper project "images" folder is getting saved to your cd/dvd/usb drive or whatever you are using to transfer the projects. With that said,make sure that the correct "Audio" folder is getting transfred as well. When you started the project you may not have setup the proper paths for the project folders,in which case le will save everything to the folders on your "C" drive and not the specific project folder. These folders are called "Audio", "Images" and "Edits".

Hope this helps and makes sense.

foamboy
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search