good set of computer speakers
New Reply
Subscribe
mikey
27th July 2005
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

good set of computer speakers

whats a good set of speakers for listening to CD's and stuff you've recorded...
I've got a 100$ set of altecs that are cool.But that would be cool to get a real nice set...
27th July 2005
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

17th March 2009
Old 17th March 2009
Gear interested

Cool Logitech Z-2300

Try the Logitech Z-2300 its a 200W 2.1 speaker system for your computer, it has great quality audio and has an adaptor for game consoles. It is a bit pricey at around $290 but definatly worth it.
One way to get the best of your speakers if you are playing recorded music is to adjust the bass in your computer systems as mp3 headphones and computer speakers dont have the right bass settings for recorded songs. this is why when you listnen to play back it often doesnt come through quite right.
I hope this is helpfull
Mi$$y
17th March 2009
Old 17th March 2009
Gear nut

m audio studiophile av40
10th May 2011
Old 10th May 2011
Lives for gear

These......

Genius Europe GmbH

Three way monitors, they sound great, they are pretty big and they cost me £58 with delivery from Scan.co.uk

Ok, I have 2 sets of quality monitors, but really wanted to check mixes on a pair of computer speakers, just to see how it sounds on something that is small and basic. These came up, checked the reviews and most people just love them. For £58, my mouth is still open. It has got to the point where I am using these for production and then bringing in the full size monitors for the mixing stage only.
10th May 2011
Old 10th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
whats a good set of speakers for listening to CD's and stuff you've recorded...
I've got a 100$ set of altecs that are cool.But that would be cool to get a real nice set...
I just did a bunch of research for this to help my buddy buy a pair of multi-media speakers. His budget was only $100 (I talked him into something a slightly higher), but I wasn't about to let a friend have crappy sound.

In the end, it came down to these two speakers:
The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, which ought to be bought used, for under $100.
These we deemed better for multimedia/movie watching, due to the sub.

Or these:
The Swans M10, which appear to be available from only this site, and run $125.
He ended up going with the Swans. Reviews indicated that it was a higher fidelity product overall, though it was a little lacking in 'oomphy' bass because the 'sub' was more of a mid-woofer.
Having heard them, I was quite pleased. They aren't gonna rattle the walls, but they do sound fantastic for the price (and I know my buddy does gaming with them as well). Also, they come with a pair of white gloves.

Now, if your budget's bigger, I also just helped my dad set up a speaker system for a business he's opening, and looked carefully into the options in the $3-400 range.
The Audioengine 5s came out on top. Apparently even the bass is great, though it's a 2.0 system. Has some cool features as well. I've never heard them myself though.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search