Login / Register

PreSonus Studio One
New Reply
Subscribe
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Ok. Now I'm impressed. Especially, with it's pedigree. No wonder, Steinberg has been stuck in the mud the last 6 years. Their talent pool was gone.. WOW!!

This is the first audio engine since Ensoniq's Paris that varies the floating numbers to ensurer no mixer chocking that can occur when mixing large projects with loads of plugins.. Nice.. Very Nice..
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Gear maniac

Looks a lot like Cubase actually... A LOT like Cubase...I think this is a great move by Presonus. The biggest problem I had with my Firestudio Project was that it didn't play nice with SONAR 6. I switched to Cubase and never looked back (I ****ing love Cubase BTW). With this they can truly make their interfaces plug and play. I hope it doesn't require a dongle though
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdpro View Post
Ok. Now I'm impressed. Especially, with it's pedigree. No wonder, Steinberg has been stuck in the mud the last 6 years. Their talent pool was gone.. WOW!!

This is the first audio engine since Ensoniq's Paris that varies the floating numbers to ensurer no mixer chocking that can occur when mixing large projects with loads of plugins.. Nice.. Very Nice..
And, ohhhhhh how I miss the sound of Paris. Best sounding DAW ever! It was so easy to get a good sounding mix on that DAW.

Anybody with any idea when this will be available? I can't wait to try it.
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to ORGANIK
?

maybe im a dumb ass but what is k system metering ?
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

Last edited by 1/2 Normal; 2nd April 2009 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Better Link
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

but...... WHEN???!!!!
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
but...... WHEN???!!!!
and how much?

either way, i've daw jumped enough to learn that just sticking with what you know best is generally the best option. the only reason I get excited with new daws is hopefully the ones I use will steal some features!
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009

I think new DAWs are a good idea. I'm not 100% sold on the idea of older DAW's simply releasing new versions that are just revisions to the old code. As technology progresses, so does the way developers create user interfaces and the way operating systems interact with different system components.

a new released in 2009 means that all the code was made using the most advanced techniques. something other DAW makers should do every now and then...blow it up and start over.
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

This is their first shot at a DAW??? Wow, I'm impressed. PT and Logic will be watching this closely. It may be serious competition for both.
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to ORGANIK
intresting

this def looks cool!

Thanks for the bob katz link.... That should be an option in every daw for sure ! pretty cool that presonus thought to do it before anyone else. This looks pretty promising, i guess well see
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009

My Recordings/Credits

demo?
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimey View Post
I think new DAWs are a good idea. I'm not 100% sold on the idea of older DAW's simply releasing new versions that are just revisions to the old code. As technology progresses, so does the way developers create user interfaces and the way operating systems interact with different system components.

a new released in 2009 means that all the code was made using the most advanced techniques. something other DAW makers should do every now and then...blow it up and start over.
EXACTLY. hopefully more competition will force companies like digidesign to redo the audio engine they have been using for years and years. There is something wrong when one daw can hold less then half the plugins of another daw before it buffer errors. with digi though I dont see that happening until 9. :(
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Gear Head

well, I see one of the first posts talk about the grey colour. It's pretty similar to the colour scheme on the hardware... which makes sense from a marketing perspective I guess....ah well... only problem is you don't need to stare at hardware for 24 hours, but software is a different story...

Good thing will be for open labs users, as they are stocked with the firebox. Right now we've got a dig002 permanently attached to use protools in a neko. I've not had success with reaper as yet. I know some people plug in hd cards... if this software is good, the open labs users would be happy-er....

question is then, will open labs users have to pay the full price for the software? or will the software be bundled with future boxes?.....

interesting is that it's mac and pc for a first deployment... pretty ballsy from a field-testing/tech support stand point.
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

Sounds like we have another very cool choice, as far as DAWs are concerned. Cross-Platform is a Big +.

I'm not sure, but will it run as full 64-bit DAW on Vista-64 ? Hopefully it does, and also run as a 64-bit DAW on the next Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

My experience with Presonus products has been wonderful. They make solid products.

I have their "Central Station", and "ADL-600" Tube Mic-Pre. Both have been great ! Hopefully their new DAW venture will be a class act as well.
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Gear maniac

It is 64 bit audio engine
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergroove View Post
I talked to a guy at Presonus today and he said that outboard gear would route thru the software very easy and that the intergration is tight.
He told me that they took features from some of the best software like Logic, Cubase/Nuendo and more. and put it into one.
So you mean External Inserts? I think I'm ready for a change, I Just can't seem to get anything done in sonar no matter how much I try. It's TOO much CAKE.
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

PARIS ensoniq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdpro View Post

Man you didn't just mentioned PARIS system man, how i freaking miss that system for real, it's sonic audio engine was the best and trust me if Presonus got it right as i mentioned above, well i will for sure after the Demo will buy it!!

Damn, great excitement and if a company finally understood and took the best of all DAW and create one that really answers the needs of many, what can we ask for more?

But until than, let's not get too excited but still keepin a very close eye for sure!!

Cheeeeeeeeeeers!!
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Gear maniac

From the Presonus Forum..

- Price will be $499 retail, $399 estimated street price in the US.

- Shooting for a ship date this summer.

- a light version of Studio One will ship free with all PreSonus interfaces.

- There will be a very special upgrade/crossgrade program for all existing PreSonus customers.

- Studio One software development team is completely different group of people than our driver development team. Our driver team is working hard on the 64-bit drivers and they are coming soon.
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

I could easily enjoy this if the flow is as good as it seems and the sound rocks.

...c'mon demo.
2nd April 2009
Old 2nd April 2009
Gear interested

Studio One 64-bit

Someone asked: "I'm not sure, but will it run as full 64-bit DAW on Vista-64 ? Hopefully it does, and also run as a 64-bit DAW on the next Mac OSX Snow Leopard."

(Note: I'm PreSonus's marketing communications manager. I hope I don't wear rose-colored glasses, but I don't want to mislead anyone about where I'm coming from. )

Studio One employs a 32-/64-bit floating point, mixed-mode engine. This means that the audio engine can automatically switch between using 32-bit, single-precision floating-point and 64-bit, double-precision floating-point math, on the fly, depending on the capability of the plug-ins (VST/AU effects, etc.) inserted into the signal chain. The software engine operates in 64-bit even if the OS is not 64-bit. The reason it can switch to 32 bit is to accommodate lower-resolution VST and AU plugs and such. The proprietary native effects that are bundled with Studio One are 64-bit, so you can have a 64-bit end-to-end signal path if you just use the native plugs. Which, in my admittedly biased opinion are very, very good, and you get all the basic food groups (dynamics processors, EQs, reverbs, delays, chorus, flanger, phaser, etc.).

The driver programmers are still finishing the 64-bit Vista drivers for PreSonus interface hardware but that just affects using the interfaces with Vista 64. Besides, Studio One supports any ASIO, Core Audio (Mac OS X), Direct Sound (Windows XP), and Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista) interfaces, not just PreSonus interfaces. However, it will have templates that automatically configure it for PreSonus hardware, which is very nifty.
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks Atilla! It's great to hear from the source. This truly looks like an amazing product, so bravo!

And as long as you mention your product affiliation (or have it in your signature), you can say pretty much whatever you want, in fact we welcome it. It's only those loitering, secretive, incognito, money-grubbing MF'ers who hide their product and/or dealer affiliations that bother us.
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Gear maniac

Im a OpenLabs user and im pumped about StudioOne and its integration with my Firebox
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttilaTheHun View Post
Someone asked: "I'm not sure, but will it run as full 64-bit DAW on Vista-64 ? Hopefully it does, and also run as a 64-bit DAW on the next Mac OSX Snow Leopard."

(Note: I'm PreSonus's marketing communications manager. I hope I don't wear rose-colored glasses, but I don't want to mislead anyone about where I'm coming from. )

The software engine operates in 64-bit even if the OS is not 64-bit.
So, just want to clarify this detail, If the software engine operates in 64-bit, in a 64-bit OS, such as Vista-64, would a 64-bit VST Instrument be able to access all of the RAM installed on the computer ? of course minus what the OS, and Application/s take from that total amount for their needs.

Thanks.
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Lives for gear

this looks interesting

any word on multi core usage? would love to have something efficient on my 8 core mac

also very interesting as a C5 user that these guys are the original cubase and nuendo developers???? is that true??
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Studio One employs a 32-/64-bit floating point, mixed-mode engine. This means that the audio engine can automatically switch between using 32-bit, single-precision floating-point and 64-bit, double-precision floating-point math, on the fly, depending on the capability of the plug-ins (VST/AU effects, etc.) inserted into the signal chain. The software engine operates in 64-bit even if the OS is not 64-bit. The reason it can switch to 32 bit is to accommodate lower-resolution VST and AU plugs and such. The proprietary native effects that are bundled with Studio One are 64-bit, so you can have a 64-bit end-to-end signal path if you just use the native plugs. Which, in my admittedly biased opinion are very, very good, and you get all the basic food groups (dynamics processors, EQs, reverbs, delays, chorus, flanger, phaser, etc.).

The driver programmers are still finishing the 64-bit Vista drivers for PreSonus interface hardware but that just affects using the interfaces with Vista 64. Besides, Studio One supports any ASIO, Core Audio (Mac OS X), Direct Sound (Windows XP), and Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista) interfaces, not just PreSonus interfaces. However, it will have templates that automatically configure it for PreSonus hardware, which is very nifty.
This all looks very promising, but I don't notice a whole lot about audio editing workflow/features. Will it have any sort of Beat Detective equivalent for quantizing multi-mic drums? Also, will it have a multiple playlist and/or quick-comping feature? Seems like a lot of DAWs miss the boat on some of the more overlooked yet crucial elements of PT while focusing more on addressing PT LE's most glaring omissions (automatic plug-in delay compensation).
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Gear nut

I have a C24 I use with LE. Any idea on 3rd party peripheral support????
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Studio One supports any ASIO, Core Audio (Mac OS X), Direct Sound (Windows XP), and Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista) interfaces, not just PreSonus interfaces. However, it will have templates that automatically configure it for PreSonus hardware, which is very nifty.
Now THIS is great news! So it will not be tied down to just PreSonus hardware...even us little guys with Delta cards can use it.....can not wait for the demo!
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Lives for gear

I hope they do well with it, all the other DAW's are giving me the shits these days.
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Lives for gear

3 years in the making?????

Quote:
Damn 3 years in the making, it means that these guys have been working on the low all this time, i really hope they delivered in this DAW just like they are advertising it. I can feel that the summer is really near!!!

I love he fact that the interface is detachable just like in Reaper, Sony's sfotware witch i wished Cubase 5 or Nuendo was.

So only Presonus and Magix with Samp 11 with new great stuff at MusikMess?

I know Reaper 3 Beta is out already and great stuff are there!!

Cheeeers!!!
3rd April 2009
Old 3rd April 2009
Gear maniac

I wonder what import and export features it has
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search