best virtual instrument package?
New Reply
Subscribe
LSProductions
30th January 2009
Old 30th January 2009
Gear Head

best virtual instrument package?

Any recommendations on a virtual instrument package/bundle that is in the 300-500 dollar range? I use Cubase4, and am in need of a bundle that comes with pretty much everything, ie, strings, brass, drums, etc.

I've only used the "stock" instruments in C4, such as Halion 1. I don't have a lot of time to "tweak" said instruments, so I need a program that will function much like the aforementioned Halion1,.. just load the channel, choose an instument, and play!

I've heard the IK stuff is decent. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks
30th January 2009
Old 30th January 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to jikky
30th January 2009
Old 30th January 2009
Lives for gear

Getting any of the major samplers will please you greatly....

Check out Kontakt 3 and MachFive 2 for starters... These will both cover ALOT of bread and butter sounds.

If you are looking for the BEST sounds though, you will be hard pressed to find a ton of great sounds in one package. Check out the following, just for reference (it is out of your price range to get all of this, but I think it's better stuff):

Drums (Acoustic) :
- Toontrack Superior 2, Toontrack EZ Drummer (+expansions)

Drums (Electronic/other) :
- Stylus RMX, iDrum, Battery, plus many more!

Pianos :
- Synthogy Ivory

Synths/Other :
- Omnisphere

Other guys will have lots of other good ideas too. Look around on the net, listen to some demos (but take 'em with a grain of salt sometimes) and trust what the pros use (usually!)....
30th January 2009
Old 30th January 2009
Gear nut

I was thinking about this recently but came to the conclusion that for 500$ i would honestly buy something like omnisphere. The sounds in there are soo good and it has alot of different things. After that you can start expanding to other VI's as the money comes. Also depending on what DAW you use but something like xpand which comes with protools is great for an all around. Logic has some good stuff as well from what I remember. For that money i would buy one Instrument that sounds incredible like omnisphere and expand gradually. You will never run out of stuff with omnisphere thats for sure. Also depends on what type of music you do but since your looking for an all around VI im guessing you do alot of different types of music. omnisphere is really good for film, synths, pads and electronic stuff but it has great strings and choirs and organic material.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search