Digi 002 Driver Problem
New Reply
Subscribe
adamlloyd
26th January 2009
Old 26th January 2009
Gear maniac

Digi 002 Driver Problem

I've had hell trying to get PT 7.4 to be stable and it seems to be okay now, but I can't get 3rd party programs to play properly through the 002 (like iTunes), it stUtters and the audio is glitchy and completely scrambled.

I've tried everything. Answerbase on digi.com, all the user guides, everything. I don't know what the hell is the problem.

Please help.
: (
adamlloyd
26th January 2009
Old 26th January 2009
Gear maniac

PS. When I've tried installing Digidesign Audio Drivers 7.0, I get this message at the very end of the installation:

"The Digi 002 driver installer could not find the driver information. Please make sure the path to the INF file is correct."

I don't know what the heck that means and Digidesign has no information about it.
26th January 2009
Old 26th January 2009
Gear maniac

Smile

Hi ! Adamlloyd83

What type of workstation are you using ? PC or Mac ? You said you had some problems to make PT stable, what were the issues ?
First of all, you need to update the drivers and firmware of your 002 to the newest release from Digidesign.
Also install all available updates for PT 7.4 also found on digidesign.com , log in your "my digi" account and search for available updates.
Please specify your type of workstation, your OS and so on... so we can try to help you further.

Have a great day !

Custom Digital Audio Workstations
www.audeum.com
26th January 2009
Old 26th January 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to soundsundergroun
Have you tried using an external clock? I have small glitches with windows media player but when I use the rosetta 800 as a clock it works fine
adamlloyd
26th January 2009
Old 26th January 2009
Gear maniac

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I'm using a PC, Windows XP, Home Edition. In terms of making PT "stable" I mean half the time it wouldn't launch, I'd click the PT icon and nothing would happen, then the entire system would start freezing/locking up. I've tried making sure I have all the updates (PT 7.4 + 7.4cs8 update) from the site. I'm not sure how to update the firmware, but using the device manager I've made sure the drivers were up to date (it will say something like "could not find a better match for this device than what you already have installed).

After maybe 30 system restores, install/uninstalls, and troubleshooting from directions on the site, I've been able to open Pro Tools consistently and open/play sessions. It just won't work properly outside of Pro Tools. From the reading I've done it seems I may be missing a "digidesigndalwdm.inf" file, which re-installing doesn't replace? I'm confused.

In terms of clocking, I have a Mytek but I would have no idea how to clock to it when I'm not using Pro Tools and just using the 002 as a sound card for the computer.

Thanks again for your time..
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search