version 10 of powertracks .
New Reply
Subscribe
manning1
17th June 2005
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

version 10 of powertracks .

I just found out that pgmusic.com have released a new version of one of my favorite multitrackers. powertracks version 10. the 48 track audio/midi multitrack
software that records at 24 bit as well if you have the capabilities in your sound card.
I would suggest anyone in the market for a great audio/midi multitrack software check it out.
the new features are too many to list. but looking at the site...include latency down to 5 ms, real time play through of softsynths,RTA built in, a vocal remover,
conversion of vinyl records to cd or mp3,time stretch,pitch change and many other goodies as well as a suite of fx that have been built in for several versions as well as the tc helicon feature. check it out. The midi features as well are extensive.
for those sceptics amongst us...talk to users on the forums,read the many user and magazine reviews and try the demo....
and be surprised. Please note...many users have moved from more expensive competitive packages due to its ease of use and stability.
I cant say enough good about how well it runs for me.
17th June 2005
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Head

Thumbs down spammanator

Wow I guess you spam every message board with that low dollar software dont you? dfegad thats what I think about your spam..
18th June 2005
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Head

Well, for a first post here, not very constructive my friend... Especially with such unwarranted and childish flaming towards a most valuable contributor as Manning.

You ought to verify what you're talking about before uttering resentful comments and in general just shut up until you let compassion take hold of you again.

With this said, welcome on this forum! I hope you find a wealth of useful info, I'm sure you will!

Elie
18th June 2005
Old 18th June 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie
Well, for a first post here, not very constructive my friend... Especially with such unwarranted and childish flaming towards a most valuable contributor as Manning.

You ought to verify what you're talking about before uttering resentful comments and in general just shut up until you let compassion take hold of you again.

With this said, welcome on this forum! I hope you find a wealth of useful info, I'm sure you will!

Elie
While Carter is pretty hard with his comments, and is a first time poster, he seems to have lurked for a while on the board: manning1 is known to be constantly raving about Powertracks Pro, often off topic.
Announcing a new product is no problem tho and is per definition on topic, but the way manning1 talks about Powertracks always sounds like a desperate commercial, for which i can understand Carter's reaction

DrMS. Focus on your stereo field. - NEW AAX Native 64 v4.0.1 OUT NOW!
DrMS spatial processor - native AAX64/RTAS/AU/VST plugin »

Product Support Engineer for
Joystick Audio - Benelux High End Distributor
http://www.joystick.be
krs
18th June 2005
Old 18th June 2005
krs
Lives for gear

yo manning

I'm taking a look at this software, switching from PTLE. Will my 001 work with it? What about UAD-1?

thanks
18th June 2005
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Head

Manning's knowledge and contribution on this board are precious imho and for one I'll stand and defend him against unacceptable hatred from people who should know better than to piss on their brother's lawns.
manning1
19th June 2005
Old 19th June 2005
Lives for gear

Elie...
thanks for your kind support.

KRS....
a guy who is very knowledgeable and uses both PTLE and powertracks is a powertracks user called gary curran. to get your 001 question answered properly i would ask gary on the powertracks forum at pg. Gary knows both PTLE and powertracks inside out. I'm saving for an RME interface personally.
provided your 001 follows the standard windows driver model of wdm drivers or as an alternative asio you should be fine. please note - when you boot powertracks -
like any software its important to identify which driver model you wish to use.
also read all the pg faq's as they are extensive. and helped me when i started out using the software. note - the upper limit is 24 bit/96khz - not 192 i understand. in case this is a need for you.
as to the uad-1. this is a question i have no answer for you.
please note pg support is always on line during the week.
so i would ask them. but i suspect the answer will be that the uad - 1 is not supported. powertracks has a slew of built in fx as well you can add third party fx.
please note krs - if your going to evaluate this software properly - its very deep.
note also the deep audio and midi editing/notation/scoring - as well as the built in effects.
as always i recommend a pc with two fast 7200 rpm drives (preferably 8mb cache) and 512 mb memory. maybe more if your doing a lot of softsynths.
if your heavily into midi a very knowledgeable user is allanah with a slew of tips.
she is using an amd 64 and gettinggreat performance including plug ins etc.
hope all this helps. just keep an open mind. i'll try and answer any more q's you have.
krs
19th June 2005
Old 19th June 2005
krs
Lives for gear

manning I PM'ed you.
22nd June 2005
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie

Elie
Well just to let you know I have over 1100 post over at home recording.com and I know Manning1 well, he has pretty much been ran off that board for the spam of Power tracks. I can say that at least this time he is on the right topic but that does not happen often! Dr Delta M thanks bud, at least you understand where Im comming from.

So Elie there is my verification! now you should appologize just for opening your mouth and you dont even know me, Ive been on these boards since 1999 and been doing music since 1985. Im not saying that Manning doesent know what he's talking about, But Power tracks it just gets old!

Nuf said

End of Rant
30th June 2005
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter
Ive been on these boards since 1999 and been doing music since 1985.
Wow, 1985? So you might have even been able to see Kajagoogoo Live!

It doesn't seem to me that Manning1 works for PowerTracks; and I'm sure it's hard to watch people repeatedly pay four-figures for software when a viable alternative exists for a paltry sum.

Plus, his music is cool.
manning1
2nd July 2005
Old 2nd July 2005
Lives for gear

max...
actually....the silliness of it all is ive seen many posts on slutz here and on the net,where a fellow recordist had a need for a particular recording feature i know is done well by powertracks, but ive refrained from replying to a post - and said to myself , to heck with it.
Let them find out the hard way. I wasnt like this originally max,
but now i am - as lifes too short.
time for a angry rant (rare for me !)....ive told carter and others (who use competing products) repeatedly i have no links to powertracks other than as a registered long time user. But they just simply refuse to believe.
Nothing i can do about false accusations max.
All i can tell you is everytime an open minded soul has actually tried powertracks,
they normally tell me they are amazed and end up buying it after talking to other users.

There are scads of positive user reviews at pg's site.
So its not like i'm the only person that likes it !
AND YOU DONT GET WHACKED WITH TECH SUPPORT FEES. its free !
For example there is a long time user (mac) on the powertracks forums who will tell you he has done radio jingles with powertracks for example and made lots of money.
The problem with the product is not technical, its purely that some recordists
dont know about it.
FYI max.. i'm a retired computer engineer who wanted to take things easy for a time, and get the songs out of me that i had bottled up for years.
FYI max Ive worked for computer hardware companies, banks, governements all on high end hi tech stuff, like mainframes/networks...never a music software company.
I'll leave you to figure out why some posters dont want me recommending powertracks...!
As to DR Delta - i'm amazed a person who is a moderator would make such a comment earlier in this thread. Sorry delta - doesnt sit well with me.
IMHO you should be more transparent because the number of posts of powertracks on slutz is minimal compared to other platforms.
Taking me to task for posting occasionally in a sea of posts of other platforms
frankly surprises me.
I think you made a telling comment max....you said...
"and I'm sure it's hard to watch people repeatedly pay four-figures for software when a viable alternative exists for a paltry sum "
yes it IS hard to watch !

all the best max - and thanks.
2nd July 2005
Old 2nd July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning1
As to DR Delta - i'm amazed a person who is a moderator would make such a comment earlier in this thread. Sorry delta - doesnt sit well with me.
IMHO you should be more transparent because the number of posts of powertracks on slutz is minimal compared to other platforms.
Taking me to task for posting occasionally in a sea of posts of other platforms
frankly surprises me.
I'm actually kinda defending you in my earlier post, stating that you're totally on topic in this thread, despite what Carter said about spamming. As stated earlier, i do understand him tho as many people on Gearslutz (and probably other forums too) get the feeling you're spamming for the company.
You're probably just a very enthousiastic user, which is great. But i guess it's more about how you say it, rather then what you say that causes ppl to react like this (unless it's off topic as has been in the past a number of times).
2nd July 2005
Old 2nd July 2005
Mindreader

Send a message via AIM to BevvyB
Shit I'm starting to feel old around here
Bashed my first keyboard in 71 (even though it was mary had a little lamb)
Bev
2nd July 2005
Old 2nd July 2005
Head of Bumping Security (B.S)

I was checking out the PG Music website the other day. So, it does do 24 bit? From what I had gathered, it's limited to 16 bit. If it does 24, that's cool. If it had VST plug in support I'd buy it right now. $50? That's a deal! Not a bad looking interface either.
manning1
3rd July 2005
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

jason...
yes it will do 24 bit.....assuming you have a capable sound card.
on the new version 10 i'm not sure about vst support.
you might ask pg support.
you might have to still use a wrapper.
i dont use vst plug ins because of all the eq/echo/chorus/flanging/reverb/comp/lim and other fx built into powertracks are way overkill for my needs including mastering songs. as i understand it - the idea was to save people buying plug ins. dx support is built in.
just on eq its choc full of active/passive/graphic/para/real time eq.
on echo/reverb alone you can create a thousand different settings of user tweaks. way more than i ever need.
In summery you should really explore the built in fx in detail.
Many users - myself included....find them very impressive.
IMHO the built in comp/lim is darn excellent.

really - its best to demo it and see if it meets your needs.
if i remember i read recently on the user forum people using things like garritan orchestra with it.peace.
3rd July 2005
Old 3rd July 2005

Thanks manning1. It does have Direct X processing I know. I'm assuming these are realtime plugins now (earlier versions didn't have realtime). Think I'll check out the demo for sure.

[edit] Installed the demo, imported a wav file. Pretty straightforward for the most part, though every program has it's own way of doing things, so I suppose reading manuals isn't a bad thing.

The program had to quit twice due to some problem. I think I know what it is though. The Lynx AES 16 card is being used for system sounds, as there is no audio on this motherboard. I just need to unassign that pair of i/o probably.

It's not an incompatibility issue, but it seems that when the system is using a pair of outputs on the card, that i/o pair is limited to 16-bit in audio applications/DAWs. I had the audio set to 24-bit in Powertracks, so that may have been the issue. (Yes, it does appear to do 24-bit).

Or it was conflicting with the Samplitude demo I've got installed. This seemed to be an issue with an Adobe Audition demo I had the other day. I changed the system to use the last pair of i/o on the Lynx card, so applications don't see the first pair of i/o locked at 16-bit and assume the audio hardware can't do 24-bit. Seemed to do the trick.

I believe you when you say that a $50 program can have a good sounding compressor algorithm. Why not? It's just programming (all math in the end). I like a bit more advanced looking mixing console interface, but the Audio window really is quite cool.

Powertracks looks like a great way to get into MIDI without a lot of headaches, aside from the audio features. I could see doing some songwriting with a rig like this. I still need Seqouia for some of it's advanced features, but I like this software for it's simplicity (unless it keeps crashing). I'll play with it some more soon.
manning1
3rd July 2005
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

jason...
like any software - you MUST tell powertracks which drivers to use.
a dialog displays in (us users call it ptw) in ptw that shows your drivers in PREFERENCES. you must select the drivers. and there is an IMPORTANT button
that says MOVE SELECTED DEVICES TO TOP. ie...these are the drivers your telling ptw to use. also - youll notice there are various options for "tweaking" if thats needed. please could you tell me what drivers are showing for the lynx in the dialog box ? do you see wdm drivers for example ?
If you have correctly selected drivers in the dialog user preferences. you should be fine. I would also contact pg tech support. They are extremely helpfull in new user set ups, and it might just be a simple windows setting / tweak.
please get back to me. also your pc config would help.
Also tell me if your able to record ok. NOTE....to record audio you MUST change the track setting from midi to either mono or stereo audio.
What i do is have a standard track template i use with 20 mono audio tracks ,
6 stereo ones and the rest of the 48 tracks midi.
manning1
3rd July 2005
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

jason...
i didnt have time to post a heck of a trick this morning that i use for doing quick backing rhythm tracks. pm me if you want a full description as its quite detailed,
and i discovered by accident a couple of years ago.
in summary - if i need a quick backing rhythm .....youll notice in powertracks a drum machine built in which creates a quick drum track based on a style you choose or make yourself. then - using the bar display in ptw i copy bits of the drum track to other tracks for each chord change in a song.
so - for simplicity ....lets say a c/am/f/g type song. i would have a track for each chord. copy the drum track using bars display to the chord track ...and heres the important bit - change the channel, key and pgm patch (eg...hammond organ, bass , whatever) and create backing tracks.In summary i create the rhythm tracks from the drum track. the advantage being less strain on the processor as l midi. Then youll notice midi to audio conversion in ptw . so - in summary i create a backing track of drums,bass, hammond,synth for example using nothing more than the drum track and a bit of editing.
Then use live audio tracks for my vocals, lead and rhythm guitars and other live playing. The advantage of this is i save time bashing out stuff on a midi kbd.
If you want a step by step - just pm me. It saves a whack of time building rhythm tracks and inputting midi data. peace.
6th July 2005
Old 6th July 2005

manning1 - Thank you for sharing that cool MIDI technique. It does sound like a nice way to get some tight rhythm tracks that can be further tweaked from there.
manning1
6th July 2005
Old 6th July 2005
Lives for gear

jason...
thanks.
a couple of other tips.
if you notice - audio and midi tracks are saved to a (your song name).SEQ
format. this seq file also contains all song settings like mixer etc and fx settings etc. one benifit of this save is when you come to work further on a song/session,
and go to FILE.....youll see a list of recent songs worked on.
if - you notice.. when you click on the seq in FILE (ie...your song including settings you want to load) everything comes up instantly with no waiting.
in summary - fast song load.
also note you can print out scores for showing studio musicians which is handy.
and edit the notiation and get deep like editing velocities and note durations.
By the way i forgot to mention before - in audio fx there are both real time fx and batch. In the mixer click on FX for inserting real time fx. note that they can be chained. every fx can be tweaked and your own settings saved.
another tip - lets say you have recorded a noisy guitar amp - like i do - to an audio track. go to audio effects - GATE...and set the threshold. and process.
the THRESHOLD IS VERY IMPORTANT. and can clean up all sorts of tracks.
note also the built in ring modulation and tremelo fx. i used these recently to get
the sound of a space ship moving from left to right or vice versa in the stereo image. i basically recorded an audio track of me swirling some dog cookies around in a big rubbermaid holder my wife had. then mucking around with settings in ring mod and tremelo as well as a tad of flanging and chorusing.
In summary - you can get very interesting foley type and special fx by mucking
around with different techniques like this. in summary you can MORPH a boring
source sound into something quite usefull for a special effect in a song.
Currently i'm using mouth sounds in a song with the foregoing fx built into powertracks to get some interesting dragon special fx for a song i'm writing about dragons. lots of fun !
note also - another trick.
some senior engineers talk about the concept aurally of delaying the bass.
lets say we have a vocal track we recorded in powertracks.
go to the menus and use duplicate...to duplicate the vocal track on a second track. then insert a few milliseconds of silence in the duplicate so the duplicate
is pushed forward in time . in powertracks eq push the bass up a tad on the duplicate. (NOTE THE MS FIGURE YOU USE IS CRITICAL AND REQUIRES EXPERIMENTATION !). now go to the mixer and insert in FX a real time plug in
(echo or rvb) on the dupe. tweak settings to taste and adjust the fader of the duplicate track with real time fx on just under the original dry vocal track.
by varying the no of millisecs/experimenting on the duplicate in conjunction with the powertracks real time fx plug in - youll find you can get some interesting aurally pleasing vocal audio tracks. also experiment with the panning of the duplicate versus dry track. hope this helps. peace.
20th July 2005
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn
I was checking out the PG Music website the other day. So, it does do 24 bit? From what I had gathered, it's limited to 16 bit. If it does 24, that's cool. If it had VST plug in support I'd buy it right now. $50? That's a deal! Not a bad looking interface either.
Hi JDunn. There is a cool tool I use called Directixer. It costs $50 but will handle all VST/VSTi products for you. It's a wrapper I suppose. But I can run all my Akai plugins with it.

No Powertracks Pro 10 doesn't support VST itself. You will need to use a wrapper. There is a legal issue that keeps them from adding it to Powertracks and her sister Band in a box.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Oh, yeh, I've been a Powertracks and Band in a box user since '96. I've been a guitar player since 1961. I play bass too. Bass is one of my favorite instruments. Not too bad on vocals but I'm ok with it.

For those of you who might be interested in what I've created with Powertracks Pro you can goto my web site and check out some of my songs. They're all cover songs with the exception of 3. The first 2 were written by a guy in England. Down toward the end is one I wrote last year. It's a spoof song. Here's the address, if anybody's interested in listening. Most toward the end are geared toward broadband. One of the songs is a video I did of an old country tune. (Yes I'm a country rocker)

http://www.russell-demussel.be/russmusicpage.html <---Click here to check 'em out.
20th July 2005
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Head

Cool Run Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter
Well just to let you know I have over 1100 post over at home recording.com and I know Manning1 well, he has pretty much been ran off that board for the spam of Power tracks. I can say that at least this time he is on the right topic but that does not happen often! Dr Delta M thanks bud, at least you understand where Im comming from.

So Elie there is my verification! now you should appologize just for opening your mouth and you dont even know me, Ive been on these boards since 1999 and been doing music since 1985. Im not saying that Manning doesent know what he's talking about, But Power tracks it just gets old!

Nuf said

End of Rant
Hi. Yours is an interesting post. I decided to take a look at homerecording.com and didn't find any such thing you mentioned. Oh sure. I'm sure there are those who are like you and may have said something but Manning appears to be a very helpful personage. I doubt any message board would run him off unless he were doing anything against a competitor.

Now I'm a member of zZounds Tweakheadz. And Rich, the moderator has asked us openly not to advertise (spam, as you call it) other competitive products on his forum. Tweakheadz is one of the best recording help sites I've ever seen. I've always tried to live by his standards.

I did not see any such rules at homerecording.com or anywhere else on that forum. Maybe you could direct us there so we could all take a look. I'd like to see the posts against Manning that asked him to leave the forum because he toted Powertracks Pro too much on there. again, the only person who would do that to him would be someone who is a competitor and owns the site.

Thank you for you help in this matter. I'm sure we would all like to see these posts you are telling us about.

I'd also like to know what you actually have against Powertracks. I'd like to know what problem it caused you that has brought on this strange rush of criticism.

Again, thank you for your help in this matter.
20th July 2005
Old 20th July 2005
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bull
Hi. Yours is an interesting post. I decided to take a look at homerecording.com and didn't find any such thing you mentioned. Oh sure. I'm sure there are those who are like you and may have said something but Manning appears to be a very helpful personage. I doubt any message board would run him off unless he were doing anything against a competitor.

Now I'm a member of zZounds Tweakheadz. And Rich, the moderator has asked us openly not to advertise (spam, as you call it) other competitive products on his forum. Tweakheadz is one of the best recording help sites I've ever seen. I've always tried to live by his standards.

I did not see any such rules at homerecording.com or anywhere else on that forum. Maybe you could direct us there so we could all take a look. I'd like to see the posts against Manning that asked him to leave the forum because he toted Powertracks Pro too much on there. again, the only person who would do that to him would be someone who is a competitor and owns the site.

Thank you for you help in this matter. I'm sure we would all like to see these posts you are telling us about.

I'd also like to know what you actually have against Powertracks. I'd like to know what problem it caused you that has brought on this strange rush of criticism.

Again, thank you for your help in this matter.
You obviously didn't look at all. Manning was banned for his obsessive spamming from Home Recording.com. Remnants of his spew are all over.

The issue is not with powertracks. It never was. But for some odd, persecution complex-related reason both you and he seem to think it is, or want it categorized that way.

Again, it was the constant ceaseless inappropriate spamming and pimping of it. People asked him nicely, many times, to tone it down. then they were not so nice.
manning1
20th July 2005
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

fraz....
oh boy - gonna defend myself again.
there were 4 individuals on that board who didnt like me posting about powertracks. ALL using competitive products to what i use.
draw your own conclusions.
THEY want the status quo.....I WAS OFFERING AN ALTERNATIVE.
which ive been very happy with day in/out for many years.
20th July 2005
Old 20th July 2005
Gear maniac

Man, Manning, you are just totally unreal.

Just 4 people? Get real! Try dozens. Your name over there is a verb for spamming a product now.

I think it would take more that 4 people complaining about you to get you banned not once, but TWICE!!

MANY poeple asked you politely to tone it down. You refused. More asked less politely. You refused. You got banned twice.

Of COURSE they use competing products - MOST people do. Most could not give a damn what you use, they just wanted the spamming to stop. However, you just seem unable to comprehend that.

It had nothing to do with the product you - can you grasp that yet?

Nice try at damage control though. Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
manning1
21st July 2005
Old 21st July 2005
Lives for gear

fraz....
I wasnt aware i'd been banned from that board.
I DID get an email from the owner saying some people had complained.
My reply to the owner stated my position was simply I cannot change my recommendations that i believe in for newbies or for more experienced open minded folk ...looking for a change,
just to keep others happy using more expensive competing products.
I have to be true to myself.
Frankly ive been too busy writing songs and dealing with family issues.
also i dont care if i HAVE been banned.

I GUARANTEE fraz ....no one would have complained to the owner....if i had been recommending the SAME PRODUCTS THEY USE and recommend.
Thus i have my own suspicions why people complained.
but i'm going to keep them to myself.

I find it telling that no one complained when i recommended non software music products i like...eg mics/pre's etc often many times...due to the number of newbies asking the same repeated common questions.

Irrespective...open minded people either by chance or word of mouth,
or by magazine reviews will continue to discover powertracks, and vindicate me that its an excellent high value product for such little money. Many powertracks users will back me up on this as well....particularly experienced users who have used many other competing products. eg...these reviews....
http://www.pgmusic.com/reviews_pt.htm
peace.
21st July 2005
Old 21st July 2005
Gear maniac

First of all, BS that you didn't know. You were banned TWICE.

You appear deluded, Manning. I don't know what more to say that hasn't been said. "Being true to myself" - what a crock.

One last time, no one gives a crap what you were pimping, and they have the same issues with people who do it pro tools or whatever. No one else spammed a product to the extent you did. They just had enough of the frequency and inappropriateness (if that's a word of it).

Yes, you recommended other things on occasion. However never with the same frequency as with Powertracks; everywhere, hijacking threads. No one tried to censor you, people just asked you to tone it down. But you hide behind this persecution crap in the same way religious mercenaries do when they keep coming to my front door. Now that you are banned, you're claiming persecution from competing products?? Get over yourself.

I am out of this thread, just had to stick my 2 cents in when you try to come of as the aggreived, innocent party. If you cannot comprehend what people had an issue with, well, what can I say?
21st July 2005
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Head

Cool Hmmmm ... Interesting

So ... what you are saying is, if anybody asks what is a good music software, and if Manning pipes up and says, "Powertracks Pro 10", this is spaming? What would you have suggested? Music software, that is.

Also I'd like some proof that he was banned from that forum, even once. I'll see what the moderator has to say about it.

If that forum is like Tweakheadz and has its own software that it sells, and Powertracks Pro is a competitor, then I agree. He should not have even brought it up. However, if all he did was to suggest to people that they give Powertracks a try, what harm could be in that? After all, aren't these forums here to help others share in knowledge? If I were to say that Cakewalk is the software to buy would you have gotten upset over that? Or, in my case, GigaStudio. How about that? Is it ok to tout GigaStudio? I use it a lot on some of my songs. Has an awesome 1 gig piano. I just downloaded a bunch of new plugs for it too. Are you going to get mad at me for mentioning GigaStudio or the fact that I downloaded the plugins for it? Or that I just downloaded the upgrade for it?

Another thing ... when someone starts bad mouthing a product that someone else uses and suggests to others, what kind of person is that? Not a very good one in my book.

If you use Tascam, Sonar, GigaStudio, Band in a box, Powertracks, Cubase, Cakewalk, etc, etc, ad nauseum, is it ok to try to get you banned because you brought up these subjects?

Can you give me a URL to this web site you are talking about where Manning was banned? Can you show me where the moderator asked Manning to leave? Did he do it publicly? If so, where is the URL to that session?

If you wish to call down on someone for being excited about a product then you must be a competitor. That is the only reason I can figure all this bad feeling is coming from you. Or you're feeling badly about what you bought because it cost so much and does all this nice stuff and along comes this upstart with $50 software that will blow you out of the water.

Now then. What product do you use? What music have you produced with it? Do you have a web site with it displayed? May I take a look at it? listen to it? If it's good I'll let you know. If you're just trying to learn how to use your software then I understand. You have to get a start somewhere. It was tough for me and I'm sure it was just as tough for you. So why not try to be constructive in music instead of cutting someone up because they're excited about their stuff?

Just my 2¢ worth but I'm sorry I'm even having this conversation. It almost feels like I'm dealing with children that can't get along with others. Sorry about that.
21st July 2005
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Head

Cool Enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM
I'm actually kinda defending you in my earlier post, stating that you're totally on topic in this thread, despite what Carter said about spamming. As stated earlier, i do understand him tho as many people on Gearslutz (and probably other forums too) get the feeling you're spamming for the company.
You're probably just a very enthousiastic user, which is great. But i guess it's more about how you say it, rather then what you say that causes ppl to react like this (unless it's off topic as has been in the past a number of times).
Hi Mathijs. I can attest to the fact that Manning does not work for Pgmusic Inc. Nor do I. He is simply, as you put it, an enthusiastic user. And he has started producing some very cool sounds with that software. I'm very sure he uses other software as well but it appears that Powertracks is his favorite. And I can fully understand. It's super easy to understand and does just about all the cool things the expensive software does.

I think the bottom line here is what does a finished product sound like after finalizing the work? Don't you agree with that?
21st July 2005
Old 21st July 2005
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bull
So ... what you are saying is, if anybody asks what is a good music software, and if Manning pipes up and says, "Powertracks Pro 10", this is spaming? What would you have suggested? .
Wow, I don't even know where to begin.
All your answers have been supplied already in this thread. As has the name oand url of the forum.
Obviously, you cannot read and comprehend the simplest of stuff so I'm going to spell it out very slowly for you.

It was at HomeRecording.com. Use the search function there. It's amazing easy to find the trail.

And, to recap, it had nothing to do with the quality of the software he was pimping.
It had nothing to do with the fact the he espoused a package different than others.
It had nothing to do with the relative merits of the softtware packages in question.

It had everything to do with the alarming frequency of the posts, and the thread hijacking and inappropriateness of many of them.

Now, arguing that only reason people would want Manning to back down is that because they are competitotors of PowerTracks is absurd. And tired. Cut the perscution complex out already.

Also, the tired argument that my comments only have validity if I have public ddisplays of my work and that it my work meets your standards is disengenious at best. and childish at worst.

I am done with both of you. I stated the case here. Your following statement just marks you as another shill for the product:
Quote:
Or you're feeling badly about what you bought because it cost so much and does all this nice stuff and along comes this upstart with $50 software that will blow you out of the water.
If it were just one, two, or even 4 people who were upset about his behavior, then I doubt he would have been banned, even the first time. But it was many more, and her managed to get himself banned twice.

And again, this argument that the reason people got fed up with his spew is that they are somehow frustrated or afraid of the value of Popwertracks is so laughable. That's suck f-d up logic.

Again, it had NOTHING to do with the software he pimped. It had everything to do with the sheer volume of the spam and the hijacked threads.

Kapeesh?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search