New Reply
Subscribe
miet
8th December 2008
Old 8th December 2008
Gear Head

Two Logic questions..

Two things that have been doing my head in:

1. Can you force logic to play the end of a given region when cycling so the sustain of said region plays?

2. how do yet set cables or whatever in the environment to route the master out to another channel that you can send to auxiliaries?

If anybody could help me out it would be gratefully appreciated..!
8th December 2008
Old 8th December 2008
Audio Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miet View Post
Two things that have been doing my head in:

1. Can you force logic to play the end of a given region when cycling so the sustain of said region plays?

2. how do yet set cables or whatever in the environment to route the master out to another channel that you can send to auxiliaries?

If anybody could help me out it would be gratefully appreciated..!

1. Yes. Cut with the scissors or marquee tool and pull in the upper right corner. This will loop the end. EDIT: I think I misunderstood your question. You want to sustain audio instruments when cycling the locators?

2. You achieve this by outputting to a bus first instead and use that as an input for you aux. Exactly the same result, in a slightly different way.

Online Mastering.dk

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
miet
8th December 2008
Old 8th December 2008
Gear Head

1. I mean i if you have a cycle with say a vocal line in a region at the last four bars of the loop, is there a way to play the end of that region? There's obviously a slight extension of the vocal past the right locator and its frustrating when it cuts this off as the loop restarts. So something to almost make that region behave like a one shot sample or a 'play to end of region' option.

2. I was hoping there was a quick way to route to an aux in the environment from the master so i wouldn't have to mess with the already complicated routing of a mixed song.

cheers for the response, either possible?
8th December 2008
Old 8th December 2008
Gear nut

The easiest way is to sample that vocal line in the EXS24 and place a sequence playing that part in place of the audio region. You can set it to one shot and it will play on even after you reach the end of the cycle.

Routing the main outs ( or any output objects ) to another channel with sends is not possible in Logic. In this case you need to use an aux as your main out to gain the ability to use sends. Just route all of your audio tracks to an aux instead of the main outs.

-GK
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search