Stability with Logic 8 and 10.5.5?
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Question Stability with Logic 8 and 10.5.5?

Is anyone having stability issues with OS 10.5.5 and Logic 8.0.2 ? I seem to be getting more crashes and screen freezes lately. Installed the newest mac Pro Applications update but this didn't seem to make a difference.
Old 28th October 2008
Swimming with nanoprobes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas View Post
Is anyone having stability issues with OS 10.5.5 and Logic 8.0.2 ? I seem to be getting more crashes and screen freezes lately. Installed the newest mac Pro Applications update but this didn't seem to make a difference.
Working fine here for MIDI stuff, tracking and mixing, with lots of third party effects and instruments. I usually have other stuff (Firefox, Mail etc.) going on in the background too. What audio interface, settings and additional apps (if any) are you using? Does your system go down when you use a specific plug-in or feature, or does it seem to happen by random?

Seems some problems with Logic were due to a conflict with the built-in Airport card - if on, try turning it off and check for improvements.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

I only have problems with Logic when running NI Battery 3. Also, this only shows up on my Mac Pro and not on MacBook.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFMG View Post
I only have problems with Logic when running NI Battery 3. Also, this only shows up on my Mac Pro and not on MacBook.
Could be the chipset (not the processor) that don't support the way NI is programmed. Did you cheched the NI forums for a admin about this? Its strange I have the lasted Mac pro (10.5.5 / 8.0.2) and NI pack turn great with no probs at all... O yes somethimes i have a "disk to slow" but that is becoz im mixing with around 70 or more tracks with SSL Waves plug's + AU/VST.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFMG View Post
interesting... I'm doing a lot of MIDI stuff using software inst. alongside audio tracks on the last generation of 2.5 MBP. Running Kontakt 2 so this may have something to do with it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search