New Reply
Subscribe
pounce
20th May 2005
Old 20th May 2005
Lives for gear

Send a message via Yahoo to pounce
peak weird problem today

i used my computer all of yesterday no problem, haven't changed anything that i can think of. today, when trying to load peak in tiger 10.4.1, i get a new error to the effect of "too many registered users already using this copy of peak". well shit, i don't where that comes from. i am the only user, the computer worked fine yesterday. i've tried repairing permissions, but no go. the program loads up, but closes itself with that error as soon as i load a file. i gotta got to items edited quick, and this is a bad time for my first experience with getting totally locked out of using a program. what would make peak or the computer think that registered users were already using peak?

paul
paper street audio company
www.paperstreetaudio.com
pounce
20th May 2005
Old 20th May 2005
Lives for gear

Send a message via Yahoo to pounce
turns out i had peak on both the powerbook and g5 on, and since they are on the same network peak freaked out. i only want to use one at a time, so i turned off the other computer and i'm good again. i didn't realize peak would check my whole network, but i'm cool with playing by the rules. i had contacted bias and they provided the simple answer. i can have it on both computers so long as i'm only running one, which is what i almost always do. this was a fluke that i had it running on both. i had been editing this on the powerbook and left it on when i turned on the main daw. so it's a heads up to anyone else that this is how the copy protection works.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search