peak weird problem today
pounce
20th May 2005
Old 20th May 2005
Lives for gear

peak weird problem today

i used my computer all of yesterday no problem, haven't changed anything that i can think of. today, when trying to load peak in tiger 10.4.1, i get a new error to the effect of "too many registered users already using this copy of peak". well shit, i don't where that comes from. i am the only user, the computer worked fine yesterday. i've tried repairing permissions, but no go. the program loads up, but closes itself with that error as soon as i load a file. i gotta got to items edited quick, and this is a bad time for my first experience with getting totally locked out of using a program. what would make peak or the computer think that registered users were already using peak?
pounce
20th May 2005
Old 20th May 2005
Lives for gear

turns out i had peak on both the powerbook and g5 on, and since they are on the same network peak freaked out. i only want to use one at a time, so i turned off the other computer and i'm good again. i didn't realize peak would check my whole network, but i'm cool with playing by the rules. i had contacted bias and they provided the simple answer. i can have it on both computers so long as i'm only running one, which is what i almost always do. this was a fluke that i had it running on both. i had been editing this on the powerbook and left it on when i turned on the main daw. so it's a heads up to anyone else that this is how the copy protection works.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search