New Reply
Subscribe
Apemandan
10th September 2008
Old 10th September 2008
Gear nut

Question Weird MIDI problem

Hi All!

I have a strange problem with my setup. I have a Macbook Pro Intel laptop, running logic 8 and protools LE via an Mbox pro 2. As a MIDI controller I use an Evolution MK-425C via USB.

Something strange has started happening, my evolution keyboard is inputting everything an semitone sharp. I.E. if i hit C3 it records Csharp 3. Ijust can't work out where the offset is! This happens in both Logic and Protools. I have tried to restore the keyboards factory defaults but it is still the same!!

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Dan
10th September 2008
Old 10th September 2008
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apemandan View Post
Hi All!

I have a strange problem with my setup. I have a Macbook Pro Intel laptop, running logic 8 and protools LE via an Mbox pro 2. As a MIDI controller I use an Evolution MK-425C via USB.

Something strange has started happening, my evolution keyboard is inputting everything an semitone sharp. I.E. if i hit C3 it records Csharp 3. Ijust can't work out where the offset is! This happens in both Logic and Protools. I have tried to restore the keyboards factory defaults but it is still the same!!

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Dan
The only thing I can think of is that you accidentally changed your transposition settings. I don't think the Evolution allows for step transposing ( i thought it only went by octaves ... I may be wrong here too) so maybe its in the software.
10th September 2008
Old 10th September 2008
Gear nut

I thought maybe it was the software at first but the fact its happening on both the Protools and Logic platforms suggest its the keyboard. As you said though, there is only octave transposition on this keyboard PLUS i have reset to factory default settings! really weird, don't know what to try next !
10th September 2008
Old 10th September 2008
Lives for gear

reset your controller?

When ever my stuff gets Wacke I reset it.
I'm sure it has a bios and a reset protocol.

Try it!
10th September 2008
Old 10th September 2008
Gear maniac

You can transpose by semitones, just use the +/- keys in conjunction with the numeric keypad!

Or a hard reset as suggested should do the trick.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search