Free plug-ins: anyone got a list?
Old 2nd March 2005
Lives for gear

Free plug-ins: anyone got a list?

Just curious. Is there any easy resource or website that would steer you towards free or cheap (including experimental, psychedelic or just plain fun) plug-ins. Preferably AU, but also VST and RTAS.

Does anyone have any cool links to share in this regard?
Old 2nd March 2005
Gear maniac

You can try looking at kvraudio.com. Huge listing of plugins and virtual instruments, probably more VSTs than AUs though.
Old 2nd March 2005
Lives for gear

Old 2nd March 2005
For free RTAS plugs go over to the DUC and do a search for the user Simon666 he has a huge thread detailing all the free RTAS plug-ins there are out there.

There is a serious amount of free RTAS now (some of which are brilliant btw) compared to the situation 2 or 3 years ago when there was a grand total of 2 freebies.
Old 2nd March 2005
Old 2nd March 2005
Gear addict

Old 2nd March 2005
Gear addict

Old 2nd March 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by thenewyear
For free RTAS plugs go over to the DUC and do a search for the user Simon666 he has a huge thread detailing all the free RTAS plug-ins there are out there.

There is a serious amount of free RTAS now (some of which are brilliant btw) compared to the situation 2 or 3 years ago when there was a grand total of 2 freebies.
thanks for that thenewyear..

which ones do you think are the brilliant ones?

not all the links on the DUC seem up..

cheers
Old 2nd March 2005
Lives for gear

I love digital fish phones plugins.
Old 5th March 2005
Gear nut

http://www.izotope.com/

Izotope Vinyl is pretty cool. I've used it on a couple 'artsy' songs. It's worth trying out.

- John
Old 7th March 2005
Gear addict

Hi Guys,

My favourite free VST instrument is :

the Delay Lama

Get it at www.audionerdz.com

But be sure to make your 'Free Tibet' donations though

Cheers, Julian
Old 7th March 2005
Hi Renie,

the best RTAS freebies as far as I am concerned are:-
  • Inspector. I can't live without this plug-in. Ideal alongside Maxim for doing quick 'masters' of your output.
  • Plugsound FREE brilliant for adding a few (very good) sample patches to your computer. Far more stable than Sampletank FREE (another free RTAS) in my experience.
  • I find the 1176 and the phase correlation plug included with the Free Bomb Factory Plug-ins to be very useful. I also have call to use the clip remover from time to time but have never got it to work. But everyone knows about these don't they?
  • Frohmage is fun. I find it sounds better than Prosoniq North Pole which is also free for RTAS.
  • There are loads and loads of free Pluggos available (see Simon's DUC thread). I have found that loading your machine up with every single one causes serious stability issues so if I had to reccomend just one it would, without doubt, be Gleetchplug. Just brilliant brilliant and very usable & stable plug-ins (including an automatable theremin!). I would like to use the stereo spread plug on my master fader but have found that is not transparent enough. Hopefully Todor is working on it though.
Old 7th March 2005
Gear maniac

Another vote for digital fish phones
www.digitalfishphones.com I believe.

Also look for a free software reverb called 'ambience'. This is a really good reverb.
ALSO: There is a free Impulse reverb plugin called SIR.
Search for it in Yahoo!
It has to be used with something that has plugin delay compensation though.

-STephen
Old 8th March 2005
Gear maniac

Old 8th March 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks!

I want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It's been very helpful! thumbsup
Cheers,
Chad
Old 8th March 2005
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya
I want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It's been very helpful! thumbsup
Cheers,
Chad
i second that, thanks!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search