mac black
4th December 2004
Old 4th December 2004
Lives for gear

PT channel strip

Hi guys,

I want to buy the channel strip plug in but I cant seem to find the accel version.
Can I use the HD version without any problems?

cheers

mac
mac black
4th December 2004
Old 4th December 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by djui5
TDM will work..

Accell is only refering to the processing cards....and as far as I know there's no "Accell" versions of plug-in's..

I could be wrong though.
Well, I thought so until one of the guys on the logic forum told me about aphex upgrade to accel (my aphex was only loading on the first accel card as a result of being 'just' HD ).
5th December 2004
Old 5th December 2004
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by djui5
TDM will work..

Accell is only refering to the processing cards....and as far as I know there's no "Accell" versions of plug-in's..

I could be wrong though.
There are more and more plugins that are being written specifically for Accell chips (particullarly from Digi).... But most of the plugins do need to be updated to work on the Accell chips, or they will only open up on the original (HD) chips.

Yes, you should be able to use the CS just fine, but if it hasn't been updated or wasn't written to work on the Accell chips, it will only work on the first card.
mac black
5th December 2004
Old 5th December 2004
Lives for gear

hmmm, I couldn't see accel on the specs...I'll keep searching . If anyone has a link it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

mac
5th December 2004
Old 5th December 2004
Gear addict

Actually the first two chips on the Accel card are "Presto" which are identical to the HD Process and HD core card. The rest of the chips on the Accel card are "56321" which are the high performance Accel chips. Any plug-in that is HD compatible will run on Accel. But plug-ins that are optimized for Accel will only run on the "56321" chips.
HTH

Informative Thread about Accel
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search