Renie
6th September 2004
Old 6th September 2004
Lives for gear

Arturia

anyone tried the new arturia synths for PT?

thanks
7th September 2004
Old 7th September 2004
Lives for gear

if they are as good sounding as the native ones (minimoogV, Oddity,...) then they are the best sounding softsynths ever made.

rock on,
p.
7th September 2004
Old 7th September 2004
Gear Head

Just FYI - I heard a side-by-side comparison between Arturia's Minimoog and Creamware's Minimax. The Minimax, without question, "creamed" Arturia's.
Jam
7th September 2004
Old 7th September 2004
Jam
Lives for gear

I've got the modular and the minimoog I'm not sure if they're the best soft synths ever or whatever the TAE claim is, but they have a very distinct sound and are capable of serious bigness ( in soft synth terms ) but I'm a guitar player what do I know ?

Jam
10th September 2004
Old 10th September 2004
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Innominandum
Just FYI - I heard a side-by-side comparison between Arturia's Minimoog and Creamware's Minimax. The Minimax, without question, "creamed" Arturia's.
Agreed.
13th September 2004
Old 13th September 2004
Gear addict

I haven't heard the Minimax, but I have compared the Arturia to Steinberg Model E, and the Arturia smoked it, hands down. I also compared the Arturia to my Minimoog Voyager, and like they say, 'aint nothing like the real thing'.
14th September 2004
Old 14th September 2004
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Songhead
I haven't heard the Minimax, but I have compared the Arturia to Steinberg Model E, and the Arturia smoked it, hands down. I also compared the Arturia to my Minimoog Voyager, and like they say, 'aint nothing like the real thing'.
Well its not too difficult of a task to beat model e. I know someone who compared an original model D, creamware minimax, and the voyager. He said the minimax sounded more like the original model D than the Voyager did.

I wasnt able to do a side by side but after hearing a Voyager in the store I'd agree.

The atruria one is great though if you dont have a CW system.

Jesse
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search