Apple Cinema Display monitors
New Reply
Subscribe
rr1073
7th July 2004
Old 7th July 2004
Gear maniac

Apple Cinema Display monitors

Is anyone using these with a PTHD system? I am thinking about getting a pair, but can't audition them at the "Apple Store" with ProTools. How is the legibility? How far away are you sitting? I am thinking about getting a pair of 20" monitors. How close will I have to sit so that I don't squint all day?
7th July 2004
Old 7th July 2004
Lives for gear

Re: Apple Cinema Display monitors

Quote:
Originally posted by rr1073
Is anyone using these with a PTHD system? I am thinking about getting a pair, but can't audition them at the "Apple Store" with ProTools. How is the legibility? How far away are you sitting? I am thinking about getting a pair of 20" monitors. How close will I have to sit so that I don't squint all day?
One might suffice.... I've got a 22 inch one (i think it is, not the 23") and it works fine... it's about 3 feet away from me more or less...

two 20 inch monitors would be great but in my case, I think they'd take up too much space between my monitors....

I would love to upgrade to the 30 inch though!
7th July 2004
Old 7th July 2004
Lives for gear

RR,

I use a 20 inch and a 17 inch with PT. They are both the old Apple design. I sit 3 feet away and they are great. I would like to trade the 17 for a second 20 and then it would be perfect. I have good eyesight so I have no problems but some people have commented that the info on the screen is small. That said the resolution on the Apple screens is great, I regularly go for 12 hours or more with zero eye strain (not so when I had a CRT Apple screen).

Of course if you really want to be safe in your purchase have someone take a screen shot of PT on a 20 inch screen and take it with you on a cd to the Apple Store,

cheers,
Ruairi
rr1073
7th July 2004
Old 7th July 2004
Gear maniac

Ruairi:
Thanks - good idea. I think I'll try that. I normally sit for 6 - 8 hours daily and want to keep my eyes from getting worse!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search