Apple Cinema Display monitors
Old 7th July 2004
Gear maniac

Apple Cinema Display monitors

Is anyone using these with a PTHD system? I am thinking about getting a pair, but can't audition them at the "Apple Store" with ProTools. How is the legibility? How far away are you sitting? I am thinking about getting a pair of 20" monitors. How close will I have to sit so that I don't squint all day?
Old 7th July 2004
Lives for gear

Re: Apple Cinema Display monitors

Quote:
Originally posted by rr1073
Is anyone using these with a PTHD system? I am thinking about getting a pair, but can't audition them at the "Apple Store" with ProTools. How is the legibility? How far away are you sitting? I am thinking about getting a pair of 20" monitors. How close will I have to sit so that I don't squint all day?
One might suffice.... I've got a 22 inch one (i think it is, not the 23") and it works fine... it's about 3 feet away from me more or less...

two 20 inch monitors would be great but in my case, I think they'd take up too much space between my monitors....

I would love to upgrade to the 30 inch though!
Old 7th July 2004
Lives for gear
RR,

I use a 20 inch and a 17 inch with PT. They are both the old Apple design. I sit 3 feet away and they are great. I would like to trade the 17 for a second 20 and then it would be perfect. I have good eyesight so I have no problems but some people have commented that the info on the screen is small. That said the resolution on the Apple screens is great, I regularly go for 12 hours or more with zero eye strain (not so when I had a CRT Apple screen).

Of course if you really want to be safe in your purchase have someone take a screen shot of PT on a 20 inch screen and take it with you on a cd to the Apple Store,

cheers,
Ruairi
Old 7th July 2004
Gear maniac

Ruairi:
Thanks - good idea. I think I'll try that. I normally sit for 6 - 8 hours daily and want to keep my eyes from getting worse!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search