Duet, What Are The Lowest Buffer Settings People Are Getting (Successfully)?
Football
4th December 2007
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

Duet, What Are The Lowest Buffer Settings People Are Getting (Successfully)?

Now that Duet has been out for a little bit, I am wondering how it's doing in regards to people's success or failure with low buffer settings.
4th December 2007
Old 4th December 2007
Gear nut

I've had my duet for one month, I just got a new one yesterday because there was a problem with the preamps not being matched on my first one (however, Apogee support was fantastic and made the process hastle free!) but with the old one and my 2.2gHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro and Logic 8 with 10.5.1/10.4.10 I was doing 48kHz with a buffer of 64 and for bigger sessions a buffer of 128. I was actually a little disappointed I could not get lower as I am used to using TDM systems with very little latency but at a 64 buffer setting I did not have any problems unless I was playing really fast lines in which case I just used Maestro. Hope this helps.
Football
4th December 2007
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the feedback Matt. So Maestro allows you to get somewhere near no latency monitoring independently of Logic buffer settings?

Does that mean when you are using that setup you describe, no effects would be able to be used during that process?
12th December 2007
Old 12th December 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football View Post
Thanks for the feedback Matt. So Maestro allows you to get somewhere near no latency monitoring independently of Logic buffer settings?

Does that mean when you are using that setup you describe, no effects would be able to be used during that process?
Hey Football, sorry so late to get back to you, but yes you are correct. Using maestro to monitor gives you a near zero latency that is in the range of Pro Tools HD and analog tape, the only trade off is that you are listening to the signal right off the converters and not through the DAW. Therefore any inserts and bussing you have in place post converters will not be heard. Hope this helps.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search