Urgent - Altiverb partially not working
Old 22nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Unhappy Urgent - Altiverb partially not working

I’m having problems with Altiverb 6.1.0 on HD3 PT rig - PT 7.3.1 - os 10.4.8 - PPC G5 dual 1.8 - 4 GB RAM

I’m trying to run the following in a complicated music stem mix - so I need discreet reverbs for each stem - and I have to print stems all at the same time - due to time and delivery requirements.

all the following reverbs on buss sends to an aux input where the Altiverb is:

two instantiations of Altiverb in surround - mono in, 5 out configuration - 2.1 second TDM reverbs (altiverb 6A 2.1sec)

three instantiations of mono in, stereo out 2.1 second TDM reverbs (Accel as well)

and almost no other plugins at the moment

I am not getting any ‘cpu overload error’ messages from Protools - all are active, but only the first one works... yes proper I/O is assigned.... yes, I have enough horsepower to run all these....

And only the first 5.0 instantiation of altiverb works. The rest produce no sound.... on the output meters of the altiverb plugin window, or out the aux return it is on. The plugins appears to be fine - they just do not produce sound.

When I hit the input test sample buttons (drum, vocal, etc that is provided in Altiverb) - nothing.... only the first altiverb is working.

any ideas? I’m baffled.

- delay compensation is on, but for other reasons (hardware inserts) - and not showing red - so all is OK with that....

I can’t use RTAS versions of Altiverb, as delay compensation is on, and if I start using RTAS plugins, it’ll use up a ton of delay compensation resources, and tax the rig too much... it is also a mere dual 1.8 G5 computer that I’m on...

many thanks for any ideas.

one other, lesser issue I’m having - the right surround reverb (on the 5.0 that is working) is substantially louder, regardless of what IR I use.... i can see this in the Altiverb level meter, as well on the aux return meter.
Old 22nd September 2007
Lives for gear

anyone?

Old 23rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
I’m having problems with Altiverb 6.1.0 on HD3 PT rig - PT 7.3.1 - os 10.4.8 - PPC G5 dual 1.8 - 4 GB RAM

I’m trying to run the following in a complicated music stem mix - so I need discreet reverbs for each stem - and I have to print stems all at the same time - due to time and delivery requirements.

all the following reverbs on buss sends to an aux input where the Altiverb is:

two instantiations of Altiverb in surround - mono in, 5 out configuration - 2.1 second TDM reverbs (altiverb 6A 2.1sec)

three instantiations of mono in, stereo out 2.1 second TDM reverbs (Accel as well)

and almost no other plugins at the moment

I am not getting any ‘cpu overload error’ messages from Protools - all are active, but only the first one works... yes proper I/O is assigned.... yes, I have enough horsepower to run all these....

And only the first 5.0 instantiation of altiverb works. The rest produce no sound.... on the output meters of the altiverb plugin window, or out the aux return it is on. The plugins appears to be fine - they just do not produce sound.

When I hit the input test sample buttons (drum, vocal, etc that is provided in Altiverb) - nothing.... only the first altiverb is working.

any ideas? I’m baffled.

- delay compensation is on, but for other reasons (hardware inserts) - and not showing red - so all is OK with that....

I can’t use RTAS versions of Altiverb, as delay compensation is on, and if I start using RTAS plugins, it’ll use up a ton of delay compensation resources, and tax the rig too much... it is also a mere dual 1.8 G5 computer that I’m on...

many thanks for any ideas.

one other, lesser issue I’m having - the right surround reverb (on the 5.0 that is working) is substantially louder, regardless of what IR I use.... i can see this in the Altiverb level meter, as well on the aux return meter.
I would do 2 things:

1- Use the "ProTools Pref and Database Helper". If you don't have it you can get it here:
Bienvenue

I am still on Altiverb 4 but every once in a while when launching PT, it will ask me to identify my IR folder for Altiverb. When I do, PT crashes. So I use that application and then everything starts working again.

2 - Re-install Altiverb. Not all your IR's, just the plug in.

I apologize in advance if these things won't help, aren't possible, or you already tried them.
Old 23rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
I would do 2 things:

1- Use the "ProTools Pref and Database Helper". If you don't have it you can get it here:
Bienvenue

I am still on Altiverb 4 but every once in a while when launching PT, it will ask me to identify my IR folder for Altiverb. When I do, PT crashes. So I use that application and then everything starts working again.

2 - Re-install Altiverb. Not all your IR's, just the plug in.

I apologize in advance if these things won't help, aren't possible, or you already tried them.
great suggestions - thanks!

I also posted on the DUC and the Altiverb forum.... and also emailed AudioEase directly..... they tend to be pretty great about support... although it is a weekend...

Old 23rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
great suggestions - thanks!

I also posted on the DUC and the Altiverb forum.... and also emailed AudioEase directly..... they tend to be pretty great about support... although it is a weekend...

Cool. I hope you can get it fixed. In my experience, it's usually just the fact that it's software and out of nowhere it will mess up......for no reason. Hardware does the same thing. Only a lot less and usually only when it's a full moon.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search