Logic 8 Rumors? Anyone have? Have a FCP Update!
composer
Thread Starter
#1
30th August 2007
Old 30th August 2007
  #1
Lives for gear
 
composer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Logic 8 Rumors? Anyone have? Have a FCP Update!

I can say the new FCP will be out (yes, the just put one out not too to long ago), and from what I heard, it is (this is a 85% reliable source=Mac IT specialist-not Mac Store person FWIW) and he SAW the new beta and said it was VERY VERY APPLE like and not like the new iLIFE 08 but very APPLE like and easy to use super powerful.

Wondering if the new LOGIC is on its way with the new OS.

When is the new OS slated to arrive>?

It should run on all exisiting new macs intels one would think. What is the tenative date?
Thanks!
#2
30th August 2007
Old 30th August 2007
  #2
Lives for gear
 
gsilbers's Avatar
 

theres a "special apple event" on the 5th of sept. lets then.


by the way...


1ST!!!!!
composer
Thread Starter
#3
30th August 2007
Old 30th August 2007
  #3
Lives for gear
 
composer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
theres a "special apple event" on the 5th of sept. lets then.


by the way...


1ST!!!!!
Well I have heard everything from it won't be Logic 8 but X, that its supposed to be (another rumor) have touch screen? I hope that is optional (ala iPhone), as I don't think Apple would be dumb enough to release something that their entire line wouldn't work.

Regarding FCP, I like the Work Flow of iMovie 08 and I was told its not like it at all but that it IS supposed to be very APPLE ish and a departure from FCP as we know it.

My dreams.
FCP=iMovie Ease with awesome templates, easy to makes your own
Logic=Abilit to open PT sessions and maybe a GUI PT HD for those that use PT and can work in the same manner, only its LOGIC running on a GUI that looks exactly like PT!

That would be the killer that everyone says is right around the corner, every year....then again, from what I read, Digi could put poop on a stick and it would sell.
#4
30th August 2007
Old 30th August 2007
  #4
Lives for gear
 

According to a friends "reliable" source, Apple will release an all new version of Logic when they kick out Leopard.
It will have a new streamlined single window and no environment windows to get confused with. It will have new improved 64 Bit
Internal Mixing/summing, some new Hi Definition Synthesizers and I think the biggest news is: capturing of 32 Bit Audio at the A to D stage.
Supposedly the 32 Bit converter will be made by Metric Halo and Apogee.
#5
30th August 2007
Old 30th August 2007
  #5
Lives for gear
 
jamwerks's Avatar
 

New Logic news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
According to a friends "reliable" source, Apple will release an all new version of Logic when they kick out Leopard.
It will have a new streamlined single window and no environment windows to get confused with. It will have new improved 64 Bit
Internal Mixing/summing, some new Hi Definition Synthesizers and I think the biggest news is: capturing of 32 Bit Audio at the A to D stage.
Supposedly the 32 Bit converter will be made by Metric Halo and Apogee.
Now that's news!
#6
30th August 2007
Old 30th August 2007
  #6
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
32 bit audio?

oh crap.... imagine the data storage requirements!

#7
30th August 2007
Old 30th August 2007
  #7
Lives for gear
 

A 32 bit converter? That would give a theoretical headroom sufficient to close mic a nuklear blast given that you own a mic that wont melt of cource. But with a theoretical mic it could be done, theoretically.

I think what apple should do first is to offer uncompressed audio from itunes store.
#8
30th August 2007
Old 30th August 2007
  #8
Lives for gear
 
audiomichael's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
A 32 bit converter? That would give a theoretical headroom sufficient to close mic a nuklear blast given that you own a mic that wont melt of cource. But with a theoretical mic it could be done, theoretically.

I think what apple should do first is to offer uncompressed audio from itunes store.
Yeah, it's quite a mixed message they're sending. Record at 32bit, but listen back at 128 kbps compressed AAC.

dfegad
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
axtrak / Music Computers
19
tobymusic / Music Computers
25
flexoffset / So much gear, so little time!
0
Kamurah / Music Computers
0

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
1

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.