HELP, need help TONIGHT
New Reply
Subscribe
"DB"
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
Gear nut

HELP, need help TONIGHT

My name's David Brown, better known in the biz as "DB", and I have one of those frustrating late night, trying to get my "ducks in a row for tomorrows sessions" type of crisis problems.
Bought a new tower today so my "newbie" assistant who's showing up at 11:00AM tomorrow morning to be trained can on the system he will be using on the software I want him to use. When I loaded my SEK'D Samplitude 2496 (bought with my soundcard in 2001, I'd be happy to show my PAID FOR installation disc on my webcam; (my 20 year old son offered to find me a "crack" for it online, I told him I don't do that, if I wanted to commit piracy I'd go bigtime and bootleg 1st generation concert tapes from my Record Plant Days since I have about 120 of them, and of course I would never even think of doing that), and the screen came up asking for the unlocking key number of course I can't find the piece of paper from 6 years ago with the registration number on it. I know it's somewhere in my mess of a bedroom, but I have just spent two of the past 7 weeks in the hospital.
Yes I know it's obselete software, and yes, I have better music software in my computer, but the gig is transferring 57 spoken word cassettes (AA Convention Speaker tapes) to CD so they play straight through, but with about twenty indexes that work, and the Sek'd 2496 is still the best software to do that quickly and easily, If ANYONE out there tonight has a code handy to unlock the full version so I DON'T HAVE TO TRAIN HIM ON THE LIMITED DEMO VERSION, would you please post it for me. Thanks. "DB"
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
Gear nut

Hi David,

As afr as I can remember, the Version is only limited in days and the Unlock Key is on a Floppy, not on paper.

That was at least so for the V5.n I got first and might vary.

If you don't find it, maybe MAGIX Music Studio or also Samplitude Master is an alternative.

Good luck finding a solution.

Greetings,

Sebastian
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
Lives for gear

David,

what's the exact version number of the program? Some versions also require the installation CD, not a floppy.

Recently, Samp 8 SE was given away for free. Maybe you can find that online.

Daniel
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
Gear addict

Send a message via ICQ to kingchong Send a message via AIM to kingchong Send a message via MSN to kingchong Send a message via Yahoo to kingchong
just a thought... is it still installed on an older comp?? if so, u might be lucky enough to look into the registry and find the key in there.. i know for a lot of my older programs that i couldnt find the cd keys for i just typed regedit in the run box and looked for the manufacturers name and searched around in the different entries and there was my cd key.. hope that works for ya
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
x86 Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to George Necola
mail to ssmith [at] magix.net

he is a very helpful guy! tech-guy from MAgix.net. tell him, that George sent you.
---------------------------------------------
www.georgenecola.com produce & mix itm/gear & fun

blog.georgenecola.com reviews & gear
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
Gear nut

Hi George,

Steve Smith has changed the business. He is working in another field now, IT home appliances. So, he also quit working for MAGIX some months ago.

And to Daniel's comment: The SE version doesn't support CD burning, and it can not be obtained for free. Either you get it for 49.- as an e-version for D/L, or a magazine or Soundcard manufacturer pays for it and you get it bundled buying their product. The remaining options are indeed Audio Studio or Samplitude Master from MAGIX.

Greetz,

Sebastian
"DB"
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
Gear nut

THANKS GUYS

This is what I love about Gearslutz. Post a question at 1:22 AM, go to sleep, wake up, turn on the computer and have an answer that works. kingchong had it right for my situation; just found my key code in the registry of my old computer.
Thanks so much for the help.
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
Gear addict

Send a message via ICQ to kingchong Send a message via AIM to kingchong Send a message via MSN to kingchong Send a message via Yahoo to kingchong
glad i could help!
13th August 2007
Old 13th August 2007
Gear nut

Hi David,

good that it works for you.

One thing, just to mention: according to the License Agreement you may only run the Software on one computer at a time. Even if you can install on multiple systems. Not respecting this will bring you immediately to the copy right issue you wanted to avoid at any rate. But, I have no doubt that this goes without mentioning because you seem to be aware of the matter.

Cheers from Vienna,

Sebastian
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear interested

Awesome
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Wow - now that's what I can an obscure thread revival!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search