New Reply
Subscribe
Kalara
9th August 2007
Old 9th August 2007
Gear Head

ProTools SYNC HD Hell, HELP PLEASE!!

How-D,

For the past 3 years I've been running an HD3 system with a Mac G4 dual 1.25, Sync I/O, a pair of 192's and a 96i. No Sweat! Things have been great.

Now I have a new system. Mac G4 dual 1.47 mirror door (horizontal living is a must for my rig) HD3 Accel, a SYNC HD (the new one, not the SYNC I/O) an Apogee AD16X, a 192 with DA card and a 96i.

In the current configuration (temporary fix as I have sessions) I have the AD16X plugged into the core card and the 192 plugged into the 1st accel card. I'm using the AD16X as the clock master going from the wc output of the AD16X to the wc input of the 192. No Sync HD, No 96i. It works great, but I need to get it all running.

I've run the 96i by itself, no problem.

I've firmware updated the Sync HD.

I've tried engaging the Sync HD. Primary of the AD16X into the core card. Primary of the 96i into the 1st accel card. Expansion out of the 96i into the Primary of the 192. Loop synced from the Loop Sync out of the Sync HD into the AD16X. Out of the AD16x into the Loop in of the 96i. Out of the 96i into the loop in of the 192. Out of the loop out of the 192 into the loop in of the Sync HD. Standard operation, I've done it million times. No Go!

The AD16X is a new piece for me, so I'm open to that being the issue, but my gut goes towards the Sync HD. Before installing the new system, I used the same setup as above (now interjecting the AD16X) in the old system. Beautiful! That system had a Sync I/O. Please Help! I can run fine for the rest of the week on this set up, but I will need full I/O by next Tuesday.

Mark Miller
Luminant Audio
http://www.luminantaudio.com
9th August 2007
Old 9th August 2007
Lives for gear

i cannot find any info on the Digi site regarding the Sync HD .... only Sync I/O

using loop sync devices and non-loop sync devices seems to cause problems ... since i do not own the apogee interfaces .. i have Lynx Aurora ... i cannot speak as to how to hook up ...

just a bit of a bump for your post
9th August 2007
Old 9th August 2007
Lives for gear

Man,

I feel your pain. I had a hard time just getting a Digital 192 and ADAT bridge to work properly.

Have you tried posting @ the DUC?

There are a couple very knowledgeable and helpful people over there.

Bump fo ya!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search