Login / Register

Anyone use CSI Master cds for learning Logic?
New Reply
Subscribe
rids
26th July 2007
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

Anyone use CSI Master cds for learning Logic?

I can't get this cd to run on my Macbook on OS 10.4.9. It says it needs a Mac 300mhz or faster w/ OS 9 or OS 10.2 or higher. I'm guessing this cd-rom won't run on the new Intel Macs. But it seems like it should.

I get an error installing it and then it won't load. This is disappointing because I thought I could use this summer to really get to know Logic and bought this product. Any advice?

It says to turn off Virtual memory and confirm necessary extensions are installed. Isn't Virtual memory located under Preferences > Security? I don't have the box checked if that's where it is. And this CSI doesn't tell me what extensions I need. Anyone have an idea as to what's wrong?
26th July 2007
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to Tibbon
My guess is that it only ran on OS 10.2 using the OS 9 backwards compatability, which no longer exists on the Intel processors.

However, my guess is that they should have the actual movie files on the CD itself. Just look around, they should be there.
26th July 2007
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

Any help on turning off the Virtual Memory and confriming extensions?

I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy another cheap used Mac to run CSI on or if I should get one of these other Logic Training videos: DMTI Logic or Macprovideo Logic 101?
26th July 2007
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via MSN to CaliTone Send a message via Yahoo to CaliTone
You're really not missing out on anything. I have that CD and I think it's a piss poor excuse for a tutorial. It doesn't really go into all the "How's" and most importantly the "why's". I didn't find that CD one bit helpful in trying to figure out Logic. I got more out of this site and all the other killer Logic messageboards like Logic Pro Help :: Logic Pro Forums. Anyway, that's just my opinion. I know it didn't help you get your problem solved. Too much caffeine today.
rids
26th July 2007
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

What Mac did you run the cd on? Mine doesn't work with my Macbook. I listened to the DMTI Logic video example and it made me fall asleep, so I don't think that would fit me.

But I'm still trying to see if this CSI vid works or not.

BTW, did you try out any other Logic training videos?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search