SPDIF Delta 1010 problems
I'm not sure what the main culprit is, but here is my Digital chain for recording 2 channels at a time.
1. Neve 8 channel mixer Line Output
2. EMU E4 Platinum Sample inputs, balanced 1/4" from the Neve (no sampling just A/D converting)
3. AES output (XLR - SPDIF format though) to an Alesis AI-1 Format converter
4. AES turned to SPDIF, out of the Alesis into
5. Input of Delta 1010.
6. Problem (Clocking to SPDIF either says waiting, or it seems to work, but all other ext clocking choices work too, although there is no other ref except for SPDIF
The main problem, is that the level of the analog gear is def high, I can see that on the meters of my EMU E4 sampler. But when it reaches the Delta 1010 the level is extremely low. It reads like -30 or more dB on the 1010 meters, Logics meters as well. Everything is running at 16 Bit, no 24 Bit anything anywhere. I'm not sure the problem at all, it could be my EMU E4 and the fact that digital out is not functioning properly, or the Alesis AI-1 is buzz cutting the full signal, or the 1010 is the problem.
I'm stumped, and need a solution, as I don't want to use the A/D of the 1010.