Protools help (headphone mixes)
tamasdragon
11th April 2007
Old 11th April 2007
Lives for gear

Protools help (headphone mixes)

So one digi002, drums with let's say 10mics, all low latency monitor on, or at some real low latency.
How can I create different low latency mixes for the drummer (let it out5-6) and the bassist (out7-8)?

So the real question is can this be done?
TD
11th April 2007
Old 11th April 2007
Gear nut

nope. Low latency monitoring disables aux sends. I usually get away with 128 buffer and use a pre-fader matrix to do what you are talking about. Vocalists and hornplayers get an insert directly into the headphone amp in addition to the rest of the mix thru the matrix to avoid the combing between the latent signal the bones in the head.... It works very well.
tamasdragon
11th April 2007
Old 11th April 2007
Lives for gear

What prefader matrix? Would you explain your method a bit more please?
11th April 2007
Old 11th April 2007
Gear nut

to clarify a bit, on each track, insert 2,3,up to 5 pre-fader aux sends routed to buses. Add 2,3,up to 5 stereo aux returns, solo safe, with inputs corresponding to the aux send you set up previously. Set outputs of each aux return to whatever hardware outputs you want to use. Now set up mixes for each return. You can now solo, mute or insert plug ins in the control room without interrupting or changing the mixes in the performance room. I;ve been using this sytem for 3 years now - no complaints.
tamasdragon
11th April 2007
Old 11th April 2007
Lives for gear

Ok, but with this, I guess you are not using low latency option right? I will try this later. Thank you.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search