Whats up with MOTU?
New Reply
Subscribe
carmen
13th February 2004
Old 13th February 2004
Gear nut

Whats up with MOTU?

has anyone ever gotten a response from their techsupport@motu.com address? i have mailed it a few times, each spaced out by a few months, about this absolutely useless USB interface i bought from them, and never gotten a reply. whatever you do, dont get MOTU stuff if you plan on using it with a windows machine...the latest driver from their site (and older ones) CRASHES when i run it, but even if i manually try to force device manager to isntall the .sys and .inf files in the zip, it either doesnt work, or works, then crashes the entire comptuer with a blue screen (and i never get blue screens..)

totally useless...i wish i had plguged the thing in before i moved across the country...or kept the receipt..
13th February 2004
Old 13th February 2004
Gear maniac

no, in my limited exp. with them, i've never received any replys either.

what interface do you have? i had the same problem with a MTP usb when i was running W98 / ME. it finally installed but i don't remember how ( still, it was prone to **** up) now, with XP, it installed and runs like a dream...

karl
13th February 2004
Old 13th February 2004
Mindreader

Send a message via AIM to BevvyB
Here's a UK thing.

I just installed a whole bunch of stuff at a music college. The PCI card for the 2408 would just not get along with the G5.

I angrily phoned up MOTU.

They were incredibly helpful, talked to me for ages, didn't treat me like an idiot, fiddled with the very card I had sent them back while they tinkered with it over the phone, and then they express delivered me a replacement even though they couldn't find anything wrong with the one I sent back.

This is contrary to all other rumours I have heard about MOTU support. In the UK at least they seem to be doing something right.
13th February 2004
Old 13th February 2004
Jam
Lives for gear

Bevvy

Exactly my experience of Motu Uk and USA. The guys at Musictrack are great but I emailed Motu Usa a question about a demonstratable and quite well known issue and they point blank denied it. Which is a shame as for the money they actually make goood gear. They need to be a bit more responsive ( and honest ) to the end user.

Jam
13th February 2004
Old 13th February 2004
Motown legend

I rolled my eyes the first time I saw some idiot post that people should buy MOTU instead of digi because of digi's bad tech support.
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson
13th February 2004
Old 13th February 2004
Gear Head

I've actually had somewhat better luck with MOTU's tech support than Digi's. Digi somehow couldn't get my address correct when shipping some items my way.

Underwhelmed by both of them frankly.
13th February 2004
Old 13th February 2004
Lives for gear

Send a message via MSN to entropy
It's unfortunate that we don't all get to deal with Musictrack in the UK. They are one of the better distributors out there. Here in Australia we are blessed with one of the worst there is, and MOTU as a product is all the worse for it.

Federal Audio. Australian distributor of ADAM Audio, Lindell Audio, Miktek , Ardán Audio, Evol Audio "Fucifier" and explorAudio.

Website
Tumblr Blog
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search