FX teleport and dual cores HOW?
New Reply
Subscribe
void
11th January 2007
Old 11th January 2007
Gear nut

FX teleport and dual cores HOW?

After alot of research, I see talk of being able to use fx teleport to take advantage of the other CPU in a dual core processor, but how do you actually set it up to do that? That info I havent been able to find.... than you :0)
11th January 2007
Old 11th January 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

void
12th January 2007
Old 12th January 2007
Gear nut

thanks, but im talking about how you use it to utilise the second core in a dual core system, not a second physical computer ...
12th January 2007
Old 12th January 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

A dual-core processor consists of two complete execution cores in one physical processor both running at the same frequency. Both cores share the same packaging and the same interface with the chipset/memory. FX Teleport is a software that must be installed on two different physical computers and uses a LAN connection. You're already using the power of your CPU (which is 2 CPUs in one physical unit).
12th January 2007
Old 12th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by luctellier View Post
A dual-core processor consists of two complete execution cores in one physical processor both running at the same frequency. Both cores share the same packaging and the same interface with the chipset/memory. FX Teleport is a software that must be installed on two different physical computers and uses a LAN connection. You're already using the power of your CPU (which is 2 CPUs in one physical unit).
BUt i though you could use FX-T localy(in your DAW), maybe that's the way to you use the sec. processor? I don't know I'm just saying??
12th January 2007
Old 12th January 2007
Lives for gear

im not sure if you get it or not 100% (no offense), but when you install a dual core processor onto your sysetem certain applications will automatically take advantage of the second core- ex: Nuendo,Cubase and I think Sonar. But on the other hand certain applications have not been developed to take advantage of a dual processor yet. check to see in you system bios if you have dual(hyper-threading) enabled. if you do not have this feature enabled even nuendo and programs alike will only utilize one core.

Again like the previous person said, fx-t is a program that links to physical computers together.
12th January 2007
Old 12th January 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

What DAW are you using?
13th January 2007
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOKS View Post
check to see in you system bios if you have dual(hyper-threading) enabled. if you do not have this feature enabled even nuendo and programs alike will only utilize one core.

Again like the previous person said, fx-t is a program that links to physical computers together.
Hyper-threading and dual-core are 2 seperate things.

Hyper-threading is where a "virtual core" is set up (enabled/disabled in the BIOS) to utilise spare CPU cycles.

Dual-core processors have 2 physical cores and can't be disabled in the BIOS. This isn't hyperthreading.

Also you CAN use FX Teleport on the same machine. The only use I have heard of for this is to get around the Windows XP memory limitations because FX Teleport is another application which enabled the VST plugins running under it not to be limited by the 2Gb per app of XP.

Having said that, you could set the affinity of FX Teleport to use the other core if the DAW application only uses 1 by doing this......

XP affinity setting instructions
14th January 2007
Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain caveman View Post

Also you CAN use FX Teleport on the same machine. The only use I have heard of for this is to get around the Windows XP memory limitations because FX Teleport is another application which enabled the VST plugins running under it not to be limited by the 2Gb per app of XP.
Thanks for the tip!thumbsup
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search