Adobe Audition How Good is it
payroll
31st December 2006
Old 31st December 2006
Gear interested

Adobe Audition How Good is it

I been thinking about Adobe Audition as my host how well is it plus and minuses compared to other programs? All my tracks are made by mpc or roland groovebox and can I firebox or RME 400 work as an interface?
1st January 2007
Old 1st January 2007
Lives for gear

I love Adobe Audition, I think it's one of the best multitracks around because of it's ease of use. I use it to track everything pretty raw with no plug ins, I retrack stuff through my outboard gear into separate tracks and then mix them with the raw tracks. Then I record the stereo mix unto the last track in stereo instead of having the program mix it down.

bcgood
1st January 2007
Old 1st January 2007
Lives for gear

payroll...
in my opinion audition is a v good multitracker.
but lacking in the midi area.
of all the daw software out there inparticular i would say its major strength is
also what i call forensic features. ever watch CSI ?? ..thats what i mean by forensics.
ie......lots of audio analysis features.
pricing and the lack of midi was the only thing that stopped me going with audition.
heres an idea for you if your a songwriter like me.
check out sometimes band in a box for fast getting down of song ideas.
while others are mucking around with loops and beats and recording tracks...
it no seconds flat it will produce a back up band for you to sing over and/or play your instrument.
if u doubt me...pgmusic.com for user references/demo etc etc.
i urge you to consider it....in particular now that users are reporting that
the new feature of real drums is a tremendous boost to professional sounding results.
just an idea.
1st January 2007
Old 1st January 2007
Lives for gear

I started using Cool Edit Pro a long time ago and then upgraded to Audition when Adobe sadly bought Syntrillium. Now I'm on Mac so I can't use it anymore but I would...if they released it for Mac. It's the best there is, in my opinion. For that I do anyway. SO easy to use. And I personally didn't grow up using analogue equipment so I don't like when DAW:s have the same kinda logic and signal flow as a "real studio". And I hate real time editing since most of my work is not music. So Audition is the way to go if you're on PC...if you want my opinion.
1st January 2007
Old 1st January 2007
Lives for gear

Check out the Adobe Soundbooth beta on the MAC

Adobe just released a beta of an audio editor called Soundbooth. Google search, it's available as a free beta. It's a lot like Audition/CEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsematary View Post
I started using Cool Edit Pro a long time ago and then upgraded to Audition when Adobe sadly bought Syntrillium. Now I'm on Mac so I can't use it anymore but I would...if they released it for Mac. It's the best there is, in my opinion. For that I do anyway. SO easy to use. And I personally didn't grow up using analogue equipment so I don't like when DAW:s have the same kinda logic and signal flow as a "real studio". And I hate real time editing since most of my work is not music. So Audition is the way to go if you're on PC...if you want my opinion.
1st January 2007
Old 1st January 2007
Lives for gear

I feel like Adobe has "Adobe-ized" Cool Edit Pro to where it's now just as confusing and non-intuitive as Illustrator and Photoshop. Sorry, but it's a big, jarring, confusing mess to me compared to SONAR, Cubase, etc.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search