Login / Register
 
ISPs Launch Copyright Alert System w/ 6 Strikes Policy
Subscribe
rack gear
Thread Starter
#1
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
  #1
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
ISPs Launch Copyright Alert System w/ 6 Strikes Policy

#2
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
  #2
Gear maniac
 
jammybastard's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: 30 sq miles surrounded by reality!
Posts: 182

jammybastard is offline
#3
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
  #3
Lives for gear
 
sventvkg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 719

sventvkg is offline
They're going to shut down a bunch of people who didn't do anything and it's going to turn into a shitstorm of bad publicity and consumer backlash for these publicly traded companies. The stock value of these Publicly traded ISP's is going to go down and the board will tell them to ease up. Watch it all play out just as I laid out.
rack gear
Thread Starter
#4
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
  #4
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by sventvkg View Post
They're going to shut down a bunch of people who didn't do anything and it's going to turn into a shitstorm of bad publicity and consumer backlash for these publicly traded companies. The stock value of these Publicly traded ISP's is going to go down and the board will tell them to ease up. Watch it all play out just as I laid out.
uh yeah... "ease up" because telling people SIX TIMES is not enough for them to understand that STEALING IS WRONG... God Forbid anyone should actually 1) be called out on their bad behavior and 2) face any kind of consequences...

what's truly astounding about this is, no one wants a legislative solution, and now it looks like no one wants a cooperative commercial non-legislative solution...

so what people are saying is, just let us keep stealing without any consequence because, uhm, ya know... getting stuff for free is what we really want...

#5
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Muser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,632

Muser is offline
I think there's too many different competing ideas and media messages being presented on the issue.
so the right of an artist to require payment isn't thought as being equivalent to an artist asking for no payment.

the only common denominator message people can figure out from the whole
mess of competing messages is, it's (only) ok if something is free.

the reason why only this message is the onlyone that seems to make sense is because, it fullfills these kinds of criteria.

1: everyone gets everything equally for free. so everything is equal and fair.

caveat of this position - it fails to address any real issue of inequality.
it helps people feel they are equal when in fact they just potentially gave away
their chance to make a future for themselves as an artist.
while at the same time giving away every other artists chances too.
and it's not as if you aren't able to give your music away for free in any case.

2: the greed avarice and controlling power structures of large corporations are
weakened by having their content made available for no cost.

caveat of this position - not really, because they also own large advertising
agencies who profit handsomely from the visual adverts which accompany
those free downloads. and no !! you can't ignore them. they already did their job.
add to this that these same corps will just have far stronger arguments,
to impliment far stranger and more draconian anti competative
technology while at the same time eventually succeeding in fact, in ending net neutrality.
also add their ability to invest in the large telecommunications sector and use
free Music and software as the driving engine to force take up of the medium,
while at the same time using the other hand to ask for net neutrality to be
ended and for piracy to be cracked down on. then it's not too hard to see what a
brilliant two pronged strategy you have been duped into unwhittingly take a role in helping institute.
your own demise hook line and sinker. genius!!

3: Privacy and freedom of speech need to be maintained.

sure but that's got nothing to do with your choice as to whether you sell your
Music or not.


when people look at this 6 strikes rule, it's really an odd state of affairs that
the last thing people seem to think they should worry about is if the artist gets
paid or not.

if you think to make artists or content creatives, lose one particular freedom
in order to maintain all our other freedoms is a good argument, I would have to contend that your
argument might actually be nutts. I can't even see why it's even considered a valid argument.

a Musician basically makes things to trade and the trading of those things is
what allows that musican to survive. and as it happens, if (anything) is ever
designated a natural human right it will always contain a component of what
it takes in a state of nature to, survive.

that's why the right to travel is a common law right. because if you couldn't
travel the land you wouldn't be able to survive.
__________________
.
contrarianism is creativity for the unimaginative
#6
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Muser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,632

Muser is offline
Here's an example of how many notions seem to be put in the same pot.


I think Musicians must be scared of their own fans.

Keiser Report has a lot of odd mixed messages that seem to work on a lot of different levels.
Basically if you listen to what him and stacey say on this video, you can hear that what they are saying is,
anyone who illegally hacks sites and uses the CC card data to profit is committing a financial crime.
They are also saying that therefore it's (ok) that they be charged for that offense.

Then later he says that because sony rips off artists, it's (ok) that piracy then in turn attacks sony.
Then Keiser supports this by claiming that piracy grow GDP while doing it.
in fact his title piece is -Hackers & Pirates - true GDP boosters


don't get me wrong, in general I like Keiser and he often makes a lot of sense but am I the only one
here who thinks this position is a little bit confused.

I get the impression that in this instance that maybe, Keiser might also be a little bit scared of his fans. ?
I guess you could add to this that software and content developers might also be a little bit scared of their fans.

rack gear
Thread Starter
#7
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
  #7
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
when people look at this 6 strikes rule, it's really an odd state of affairs that
the last thing people seem to think they should worry about is if the artist gets
paid or not.

if you think to make artists or content creatives, lose one particular freedom
in order to maintain all our other freedoms is a good argument, I would have to contend that your
argument might actually be nutts. I can't even see why it's even considered a valid argument.

a Musician basically makes things to trade and the trading of those things is
what allows that musican to survive. and as it happens, if (anything) is ever
designated a natural human right it will always contain a component of what
it takes in a state of nature to, survive.

that's why the right to travel is a common law right. because if you couldn't
travel the land you wouldn't be able to survive.
yup.

Artists Are Human Rights, this is about Jobs and Labor
Safeguarding America’s Job Creating Innovations | The White House
#8
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
  #8
Lives for gear
 
AwwDeOhh's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: State of Insomnia, sleepless USA
Posts: 2,548

AwwDeOhh is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by RackGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sventvkg
They're going to shut down a bunch of people who didn't do anything and it's going to turn into a shitstorm of bad publicity and consumer backlash for these publicly traded companies. The stock value of these Publicly traded ISP's is going to go down and the board will tell them to ease up. Watch it all play out just as I laid out.
uh yeah... "ease up" because telling people SIX TIMES is not enough for them to understand that STEALING IS WRONG... God Forbid anyone should actually 1) be called out on their bad behavior and 2) face any kind of consequences...

what's truly astounding about this is, no one wants a legislative solution, and now it looks like no one wants a cooperative commercial non-legislative solution...

so what people are saying is, just let us keep stealing without any consequence because, uhm, ya know... getting stuff for free is what we really want...
Exactly.

The same people who were crying about SOPA/PIPA --saying there needed to be a non-legislative solution... when presented with a non-legislated solution (a volunatry one at that...) are jumping up and down at this event. Kinda makes you wonder what their motives are. Who's side are ya on?
#9
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
  #9
Lives for gear
 
sventvkg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 719

sventvkg is offline
Cry all you want. I believe what I said will come to pass. I'm not saying it's right, just that $$ talks and bullshit walks. ALL the ISP's care about is $$ and if it looks like their stock is going to be affected by it (READ: NETFIX Debacle) that will balk and back off. PERIOD.
#10
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
  #10
Lives for gear
 
AwwDeOhh's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: State of Insomnia, sleepless USA
Posts: 2,548

AwwDeOhh is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by sventvkg View Post
Cry all you want. I believe what I said will come to pass. I'm not saying it's right, just that $$ talks and bullshit walks. ALL the ISP's care about is $$ and if it looks like their stock is going to be affected by it (READ: NETFIX Debacle) that will balk and back off. PERIOD.
I'm NOT cryin... quite the opposite! I'm CHEERING

i disagree with your assertion.
They are doing this to avoid the government doing it for them. This way they can say they're doing something, and have control as to what measures they take. It's either that -or government steps in and dictates what they'll need to do.
If they don't, or it doesn't work, you can bet your 12cents that the government will act (just not in an election year..)
They've added up the cost of doing nothing, and they're realizing that the US economy is largely driven by IP. Nothing is not an option anymore.
#11
12th April 2012
Old 12th April 2012
  #11
Lives for gear
 
tvsky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,867

tvsky is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rack gear View Post
so what people are saying is, just let us keep stealing without any consequence because, uhm, ya know... getting stuff for free is what we really want...

wow , its taken you this many years to figure that out? are you know starting realise the futility of your fight?

people like downloading shit for free .

isp's like making money off people who like to download shit for free

politicians like getting elected by people who like to download shit for free

the idea that all these people just turn around their positions , hurting themselves , to make your life better or in some epic gesture of doing the right thing is so pathetic its laughable

all your going to ever get is lip service and window dressing . its in everyone's interest (except yours) to maintain the status quo
#12
12th April 2012
Old 12th April 2012
  #12
Gear Guru
 
chrisso's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 23,829

chrisso is online now
But ISP's (in the shape of telcos) are now offering content.
So they now have a financial interest in cracking down on illegal free content.

Just like everything else...... things change, nothing stays the same.
__________________
Chris Whitten
#13
12th April 2012
Old 12th April 2012
  #13
Lives for gear
 
tvsky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,867

tvsky is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
But ISP's (in the shape of telcos) are now offering content.
So they now have a financial interest in cracking down on illegal free content.

Just like everything else...... things change, nothing stays the same.
that's true

the content industry as we know it disappears into oblivion a relic of an economic and technological age long since become extinct

filesharing , p2p , streaming , illegal content , legal content as we know it disappears into one massive stream of omnipresent data , always available , everywhere on everything . The very idea of access to it becomes a basic fundamental human right and function

that is your future
#14
12th April 2012
Old 12th April 2012
  #14
Gear Guru
 
chrisso's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 23,829

chrisso is online now
Not when the people who control your access to the internet also control your access to content.

Funny how 1) you sound so confident in your conviction, and
2) you say "your future", reminding us you have no skin in the game and are a consumer, not a content creator.
#15
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #15
Gear Guru
 
John Eppstein's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 14,462

John Eppstein is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwDeOhh View Post
Exactly.

The same people who were crying about SOPA/PIPA --saying there needed to be a non-legislative solution... when presented with a non-legislated solution (a volunatry one at that...) are jumping up and down at this event. Kinda makes you wonder what their motives are. Who's side are ya on?
Wonder, schmunder.

We KNOW what their motives are.

They're greedy little bastards and they want it (whatever "it" happens to be at the moment) all for free. And they'll attempt to use any old excuse that's handy to justify themselves.
__________________
All opinions expressed in my posts are solely my own: I do not represent any other forums (of which I may or may not be a member), groups, or individuals although at times my views may resemble those of other entities.

************************************
Inside every old man is a young man wondering WTF happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
#16
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #16
Gear Guru
 
John Eppstein's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 14,462

John Eppstein is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
that's true

the content industry as we know it disappears into oblivion a relic of an economic and technological age long since become extinct

filesharing , p2p , streaming , illegal content , legal content as we know it disappears into one massive stream of omnipresent data , always available , everywhere on everything . The very idea of access to it becomes a basic fundamental human right and function

that is your future
No, it isn't.

I'm pretty amazed that you still can't see the writing on the wall, in spite of the fact that it's in 6 foot tall glowing neon letters.

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR INTERNET FREELOADERS!

Your day is done, all that's left is the details and the mopping up. Sure, it'll take a little while, but the results are inevitable, now that the major ISPs see that paid content delivery is a much better cash cow than facilitating piracy. And as soon as the election's over you'll see another round of stiff antipiracy legislation - only this time it will pass because (A) the president won't be looking to get re-elected and (B) the other politicians won't be looking at an immediate election year, either - and politicians know that the public has a short memory.

Pendulum.

Swing.

Live with it.

Jeez, even the Russians are getting tough on piracy.
#17
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #17
Lives for gear
 
tvsky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,867

tvsky is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Not when the people who control your access to the internet also control your access to content.

Funny how 1) you sound so confident in your conviction, and
2) you say "your future", reminding us you have no skin in the game and are a consumer, not a content creator.
your a retired session drummer who spends all his time arguing on a internet forum , not like you have much at stake either
#18
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #18
Gear Guru
 
John Eppstein's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 14,462

John Eppstein is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
your a retired session drummer who spends all his time arguing on a internet forum , not like you have much at stake either
He also happens to have a software product that is one of the most widely pirated VSTis on the planet. I'd say that constitutes a considerable stake, wouldn't you? Not even counting royalties from his very popular recorded output.
#19
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #19
Lives for gear
 
tvsky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,867

tvsky is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
No, it isn't.

I'm pretty amazed that you still can't see the writing on the wall, in spite of the fact that it's in 6 foot tall glowing neon letters.

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR INTERNET FREELOADERS!

Your day is done, all that's left is the details and the mopping up. Sure, it'll take a little while, but the results are inevitable, now that the major ISPs see that paid content delivery is a much better cash cow than facilitating piracy. And as soon as the election's over you'll see another round of stiff antipiracy legislation - only this time it will pass because (A) the president won't be looking to get re-elected and (B) the other politicians won't be looking at an immediate election year, either - and politicians know that the public has a short memory.

Pendulum.

Swing.

Live with it.

Jeez, even the Russians are getting tough on piracy.
your day is done, you haven't even begun to comprehend the economic and social revolution that is coming . the very idea that stopping filesharing has anything to do with this revolution is laughable .

you have been spouting this " the time is over , the wild west is being tamed" BS for the last 3 years I have been reading this forum , and the one you successfully closed with your BS (great work on that!!!)" and nothing has changed and nothing will ever change because your working against the true spirit of human nature and capitalism

why are you even back here eppstein? how come everyone else who gets banned is banned for ever but we have to put up with crap until the mods have had enough and then your back again?

mods : someone ban now , your going to have to sooner or later , you've done it 10 times already . just do it now and save us the pain! and ban him forever this time , like you have done to 100s of others who have done far less and caused much less trouble.
rack gear
Thread Starter
#20
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #20
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
wow , its taken you this many years to figure that out? are you know starting realise the futility of your fight?
wow, speak for yourself bro... I'm fighting for artists rights against tech corporations ripping them off without consent or compensation, what are you fighting for again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
people like downloading shit for free .
not news, but also not legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
isp's like making money off people who like to download shit for free
perhaps not as much as you'd like to believe, hence this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
politicians like getting elected by people who like to download shit for free
politicians want to keep people in jobs and the economy moving, we don't have much left to do that except for copyright and IP... I'd start rethinking that position if were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
the idea that all these people just turn around their positions , hurting themselves , to make your life better or in some epic gesture of doing the right thing is so pathetic its laughable
the idea that you think the internet will always be lawless is laughable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
all your going to ever get is lip service and window dressing . its in everyone's interest (except yours) to maintain the status quo
total BS... the megupload bust was lip service? looked like a coordinated effort of multinational governments and agencies to me... and there's ACTA and there's TPP... and there will be more...
#21
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #21
Lives for gear
 
tvsky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,867

tvsky is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
He also happens to have a software product that is one of the most widely pirated VSTis on the planet. I'd say that constitutes a considerable stake, wouldn't you? Not even counting royalties from his very popular recorded output.
hahahaha!!!!

I don't know what chris told you but the toontrack stuff is not even close to "one of the most widely pirated vsti's on the planet"

im sure its great in its little virtual drummer software niche , but is it just me or do these guys spin off the same stuff all the time with a slight variation , even worse than the sample cd producers of the 90s-00 .
rack gear
Thread Starter
#22
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #22
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
your day is done, you haven't even begun to comprehend the economic and social revolution that is coming . the very idea that stopping filesharing has anything to do with this revolution is laughable .

you have been spouting this " the time is over , the wild west is being tamed" BS for the last 3 years I have been reading this forum , and the one you successfully closed with your BS (great work on that!!!)" and nothing has changed and nothing will ever change because your working against the true spirit of human nature and capitalism

why are you even back here eppstein? how come everyone else who gets banned is banned for ever but we have to put up with crap until the mods have had enough and then your back again?

mods : someone ban now , your going to have to sooner or later , you've done it 10 times already . just do it now and save us the pain! and ban him forever this time , like you have done to 100s of others who have done far less and caused much less trouble.
yer an angry fella aren't ya...
#23
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #23
Lives for gear
 
tvsky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,867

tvsky is offline
hopefully they will ban you as well this time crack gear

why they didnt ban all 3 of you after you shut down the piracy forum with your utter crap is beyond belief
rack gear
Thread Starter
#24
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #24
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
hopefully they will ban you as well this time crack gear

why they didnt ban all 3 of you after you shut down the piracy forum with your utter crap is beyond belief
would be a bit boring if everyone agreed with you, don't ya think? so much for substantive debate...



try to stay on topic...ah, there's also this...
Second Circuit Reverses YouTube Decision: DMCA Safe Harbor Might Not Apply | Title 17: The S(c)ite For Copyright Law

too early to say how that pans out, but it's a major step in the right direction...

and, I think this might give some operators pause...
Megaupload Busted as Piracy War Heats Up | Music News | Rolling Stone
List Of File-sharing Sites Being Taken Down As A Result Of The Megaupload Bust - Webmasters - Nairaland
Many Other Sites Getting Taken Down After MegaUpload Bust
File Sharing Sites Cast Themselves into Exile Over MegaUpload Bust
http://mashable.com/2012/01/23/filesonic-halts-sharing/
BTjunkie 'voluntarily' shuts down | Technology | guardian.co.uk

rack gear
Thread Starter
#25
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #25
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
hahahaha!!!!

I don't know what chris told you but the toontrack stuff is not even close to "one of the most widely pirated vsti's on the planet"

im sure its great in its little virtual drummer software niche , but is it just me or do these guys spin off the same stuff all the time with a slight variation , even worse than the sample cd producers of the 90s-00 .
how would you know?
#26
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #26
Gear Guru
 
chrisso's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 23,829

chrisso is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
hahahaha!!!!

I don't know what chris told you but the toontrack stuff is not even close to "one of the most widely pirated vsti's on the planet"

im sure its great in its little virtual drummer software niche , but is it just me or do these guys spin off the same stuff all the time with a slight variation , even worse than the sample cd producers of the 90s-00 .
Firstly, you really have no clue on the figures.
Secondly, you just come across as a hater of the product, rather than someone trying to put forward an intelligent point.
Drummers are hard to find and expensive to record, so rather being a little niche, all the software drum programmes (Slate, BFD, SDX, Abbey Road etc) are extremely widely used, by anyone who needs drums in their music, which in modern music is almost everyone.
#27
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #27
Gear Guru
 
chrisso's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 23,829

chrisso is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
hopefully they will ban you as well this time crack gear

why they didnt ban all 3 of you after you shut down the piracy forum with your utter crap is beyond belief
Got anything to say on the subject of the thread?
Where i live, telcos/isp's are getting into content delivery.
Hence, telcos/isp's are starting to get annoyed by pirates and illegal downloaders.
#28
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #28
Lives for gear
 
tvsky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,867

tvsky is offline
I did say stuff on the topic , it still stands .

your ISP likes content delivery?

YOUR ISP LIKES SELLING BANDWIDTH AND MAKING MONEY FROM IT!

they don't give a single turd on what you download or how you do it , just don't stop doing it. they are happy to provide 2nd rate legal content as window dressing to keep things rolling along business as usual . Business as usual means 60-80% of their bandwidth (and their revenue) is from p2p .

and comment on politicians caring about the economy is totally correct . but the music industry is not even a pimple on the ass of the economy , so small as to be totally irrelevant

2011 Wordwide Music industry revenue $67.6b
2011 Apple revenue $113.1b

just about half of a single tech company. 1 single company.

and you think politics are going to risk upsetting their voters when they cant get their free music for that?

total delusion

the decision was made to cut the music industry loose a long time ago . it sucks , but you can't stop progress
#29
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #29
Gear Guru
 
chrisso's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 23,829

chrisso is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
the decision was made to cut the music industry loose a long time ago . it sucks , but you can't stop progress
Yeah.................we'll see.
#30
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
  #30
Lives for gear
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,110

claesbjo is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
I did say stuff on the topic , it still stands .

your ISP likes content delivery?

YOUR ISP LIKES SELLING BANDWIDTH AND MAKING MONEY FROM IT!

they don't give a single turd on what you download or how you do it , just don't stop doing it. they are happy to provide 2nd rate legal content as window dressing to keep things rolling along business as usual . Business as usual means 60-80% of their bandwidth (and their revenue) is from p2p .

and comment on politicians caring about the economy is totally correct . but the music industry is not even a pimple on the ass of the economy , so small as to be totally irrelevant

2011 Wordwide Music industry revenue $67.6b
2011 Apple revenue $113.1b

just about half of a single tech company. 1 single company.

and you think politics are going to risk upsetting their voters when they cant get their free music for that?

total delusion

the decision was made to cut the music industry loose a long time ago . it sucks , but you can't stop progress
This is the truth

What´s needed is to compete with "free". You can never enforce against p2p. It´s never going to work as experience clearly points out.

Tough task but I´m sure it will work out somehow. Music/Film is not going anywhere. Neither is software development. Some actors stuck in old thinking will be taken out, but will be replaced by new providers. The world moves, move with it and stop taking futile fights.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
dingo / So much gear, so little time!
10
beush / Music Computers
18
kieran kelly / Music Computers
4
bassman / Mastering forum
1
ericdevine / So much gear, so little time!
2

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.