HELP: Which trustworthy distributor company should we use getting music online???
Hanson
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

HELP: Which trustworthy distributor company should we use getting music online???

Hi.

I am about to lunch a triple album for one of our clients and wanted to know if any of you guys (girls) have any experiences/thought they would like to help out with.

I have read about about Tune core, Ditto Music (almost launched our music here) CD baby and finally JMD distribution.

Which one provides the best service and more important are trustworthy?

Hope you want to help out.

Kind regards
Michael Hanson
Hanson
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

In addition to my original post I would like to add that I have read many articles about users do like/not like these different kinds of music distributors for whatever reason and yes it has been a little helpful but also confusing as there seems to be a battlefield in almost every discussion thread (which I would appreciate very much not to have here), so what I am trying to say is; that I would like to get some facts maybe statistics about these different distributors. Are there any "superstars" using any of these and which ones? And "superstars" cause they seem to work out quite well.
Oh yeah, an important thing is taht the distributors has to deliver worldwide even if I were sitting in Thailand, myanmar, China, Europe etc.

Hope this was not to confusing!?
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

As with any buisness decision, you need to weigh the options.
The first place to start is a cost/benifit anyalsis.
In the case of aggregators, you'll need to consider the fee (whether flat, pay-per, subscription) and the percentages, and what you get (or don't) for the money. You'll need to figure out your "break even" point, and see how many 'units' it would take to get you there with each service.
There's a host of other considerations as well.. to which i'll point ya to some links

Music business | The Cynical Musician | Page 41

Reader questions: Digital Aggregator Deals–Is the New Boss Worse than the Old Boss?

^there's alot of info in those two posts. Hope that helps
Hanson
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Gear Head

Thanks! I´ve read the articles now and I am a few steps in the right direction now. It wouldn't really matter if I go with Percentage deals or pay up front and per month or year right now. I must say, neither of these distributor companies do make it easy for me.

I still need some solid feedback though on my post as regarding to finding a trustworthy & solid distributor company.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search