ArtistsHouseMusic
Empty Planet
16th August 2011
Old 16th August 2011
Lives for gear

ArtistsHouseMusic

A word to the wise....

This has been a tip from Jules in the "video vault" for a couple of years now, but I haven't seen any threads mentioning it and it's really worth knowing. A way useful web resource for those wanting to educate themselves on various aspects of the music biz, as well as a huge number of related topics, is a site called ArtistsHouseMusic.

Tons of great videos from all kinds of cats, lots of entertainment lawyers, production people, management people, it's really very cool. A few hours there and my head is buzzing like I've just spent the day doing seminars at AES.

It doesn't look like it has any kind of revenue stream itself, and a little digging mentions support by something called the Herb Albert Foundation. So if you see Herb Albert walking around anywhere -- I think he's been seen in Honolulu and LA lately -- say thanks. Knowledge is power. The site is really an incredible gift.

Thanks, Herb.

Cheers.

1st September 2011
Old 1st September 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Planet View Post
A word to the wise....

This has been a tip from Jules in the "video vault" for a couple of years now, but I haven't seen any threads mentioning it and it's really worth knowing. A way useful web resource for those wanting to educate themselves on various aspects of the music biz, as well as a huge number of related topics, is a site called ArtistsHouseMusic.

Tons of great videos from all kinds of cats, lots of entertainment lawyers, production people, management people, it's really very cool. A few hours there and my head is buzzing like I've just spent the day doing seminars at AES.

It doesn't look like it has any kind of revenue stream itself, and a little digging mentions support by something called the Herb Albert Foundation. So if you see Herb Albert walking around anywhere -- I think he's been seen in Honolulu and LA lately -- say thanks. Knowledge is power. The site is really an incredible gift.

Thanks, Herb.

Cheers.

Agreed they are awesome. I have actually never been to their website but I was subscribed to their YouTube. Unfortunately it looks like they were kicked off YouTube for copyright infringement. http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtistsHouseMusic
Empty Planet
1st September 2011
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Lol.

That's pretty richly ironic, considering they're, imho, the single best website-based source of information on copyright law from the musician's perspective of which I'm aware. Their clips come from an extremely wide variety of sources though -- seminars, interviews with lawyers and managers, classes, etc. -- so I suppose it's not entirely surprising that someone who's monetizing their ideas now might have gotten pissed off at some point.

Thanks for the awesome tidbit though. Pretty hilarious.

Cheers.

14th September 2011
Old 14th September 2011
Gear addict

Yeah it was ironic. But it seems like they are back up on YouTube. their account has been un-banned.
YouTube shows me when one of my subscriptions uploads new material and there I saw ArtistHouseMusic once again. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding that got their account suspended or something.
16th September 2011
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Totally agree as well. This place is so awesome that it became my homepage for several months last year. I've learned more there than I did in several university music courses.
16th September 2011
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hey thanks for the link!

Some good interviews in there. Only scratched the surface of what's available.
(great... now i'll be watching videos instead of working... )
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search