Native Instruments bad QC and CS
The Studio RI
3rd January 2014
Old 3rd January 2014
Gear addict

Native Instruments bad QC and CS

I've always hated calling Native Instruments for any kind of support because they are so condescending and treat you like you know nothing. This time I HAD to call because my new install drive for Komplete 9 Ultimate was defective.

First off, I bought it on Black Friday and they forgot to ship it to me. After emailing to find out where my package was, they emailed me a tracking number that stated they had shipped it out that day. I got it on Christmas Eve, a month after I ordered it.

When I plugged in the drive, I got an error saying that the USB was taking up too much power. I tried a different usb cable and it did not fix the problem. Apparently, there was a bad batch of these drives and it's a known issue.

I finally got back through today after missing their 6 hour window of operation a few times and then with being closed for the holidays, and they send me an RMA email that says it will take up to THREE WEEKS to remedy the issue. Why can't they just front me a new drive, especially with all the bull I've had to put up with???

The NI quality control has proven itself to be horrible. I had Kore 2 a while back and they had to send me three of them before one worked properly (broken buttons and knobs). I'm happy with the build quality of my Maschine, at least they got that one right.

I'm so fed up, but I do like their software, so I guess I'm stuck at this point. Luckily, there's the Moan Zone.

-Ben
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Lives for gear

After dropping a cool $1,000, you would expect the final product to work flawlessly. Sorry for your troubles.
The Studio RI
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
After dropping a cool $1,000, you would expect the final product to work flawlessly. Sorry for your troubles.
Exactly. Not to mention $600 for Maschine, $400 for Kore 2 and the fact that I've been a komplete user since version 6. Thanks for the sentiment.
The Studio RI
29th January 2014
Old 29th January 2014
Gear addict

Still Nothing

So, I sent the drive back almost three weeks ago and just got an email yesterday saying they are out of stock. NOW WHAT??? It's been two months and I still can't use my software! Not to mention that the support hours are worse than bankers hours. It's 1:30pm EST and they're still not open.

Am I overreacting here or does anyone else find this to be unacceptable?
29th January 2014
Old 29th January 2014
Lives for gear

What's unacceptable is that you can't undo in Battery 4, so if you make a wrong move... you lose.

But yeah I feel your pain. That company no longer exists to me (except I will use their free stuff). If you don't allow a professional to undo a f'in move and let it replace my mappings, it says all I need to know.
29th January 2014
Old 29th January 2014
Lives for gear

I purchased a K9 upgrade and the serial number card was blank.
I emailed them then 5 days later I called them I waited on hold for an hour they they emailed the serial number.
I spent several hours doing updates after the install. Installing and upgrading K9 Ultimate was slow convoluted process. Since I had some old installs I was upgrading it was very messy and not smooth process for me.
30th January 2014
Old 30th January 2014
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Studio RI View Post
So, I sent the drive back almost three weeks ago and just got an email yesterday saying they are out of stock. NOW WHAT??? It's been two months and I still can't use my software! Not to mention that the support hours are worse than bankers hours. It's 1:30pm EST and they're still not open.

Am I overreacting here or does anyone else find this to be unacceptable?
Wow. Totally unacceptable. You're being very calm about it.
I gave up on them. I used to own a lot of NI stuff. I didn't even sell it on, I just uninstalled it all and threw it in the bin.

I truly hope they finally make good and you get the stuff you've paid for.
30th January 2014
Old 30th January 2014
Lives for gear

Craziness.
1st February 2014
Old 1st February 2014
Lives for gear

I just bought a copy of Komplete on ebay and the guy was having some trouble getting the s/n unregistered from his account. According to him, they were responding to his e-mails once every other day.

It only took a week to remedy my problem, so maybe I got off easy. :-b

-Dan.
seq
3rd February 2014
Old 3rd February 2014
seq
Gear interested

I bought K9 xgrade, and the disks were faulty. Took NI a week to get back to me and open up the downloads for K9. They were very apologetic about both the faulty media and slow response.

I was in no rush and picked up the xgrade for half off, so it didn't bother me much, plus I was up and running a day after they got back to me.

I understand it's a gigantic amount of data and would take a while to download (also could get the ISP up in arms whining about increased data usage), but I'd ask NI to let me download the media.. It would take a few days to download, but would then install blazing fast - installing from disks or their crappy hard drives takes forever. Don't know if this is an option for you, but it's worth a shot as it could resolve your situation faster.
21st February 2014
Old 21st February 2014
Gear maniac

Here is my short story from this week regarding their customer service:
Due to a re-install of my whole system I had to re-install my Reaktor Session. Unfortunately I could not find the installer DVD anymore so I asked the support if they can give me the installer file after I told them my reaktor serial number. They replied a couple of days later and asked me to buy Reaktor Session on Ebay or somewhere because Reaktor Session is a discontinued NI product. Wonkers!
I mean, I cannot understand that they do not have the original files anymore and put it to an FTP server or somewhere to give customers a way to download the software which they own.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search