Focusrite Worst Support Ever had .
wavewalker
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Gear nut

Focusrite Worst Support Ever had .

hi
owner from years of vintage Focusrite isa series outboards (preamp with eq and comp) periodically checked by the "trust" tech man ,
4 mounts ago one module started to have some issue with push buttons ( ) ,
unresolved even after accurate cleaning ,

I then instructed the tech man to contact Focusrite support for get spares about ,

it's possible after 4 months and dozens and dozens of emails
to the focusrite service support ,
I have not yet received news
about how i have to proceed for solve the problem and even less for parts .

I't's this the "famous" Focusrite "Seriousness/Reliability" ?

I'll leave you all opinions about .
and
any help about is welcome.

WW
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

If it's not a product that they sell currently, they probably don't even support it, as with any company with a product no longer in production. This may be why you're not hearing back from them.

I have an ISA220 and if I had a problem with it, I'd be calling them to ask who services their products locally, not look to them to replace or fix anything. My unit is long out of warranty and I should know to expect to have to pay for a local service tech.
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Gear maniac

Not sure where or which Focusrite entity you are contacting, but the US support has been fine when I have contacted them. If you are not getting anywhere locally, try contacting the US or UK branch:

USA
Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
Focusrite Novation Inc.
840 Apollo Street, Suite 312
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: +1 (310) 322-5500
Fax: +1 (310) 426-9508

UK
Windsor House
Turnpike Road
High Wycombe
Bucks HP12 3FX
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1494 462246
Fax: +44 1494 459920
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Gear interested

Hi Wavewalker,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you have had getting parts for your Focusrite unit.

I assure you that here at Focusrite we strive to offer the best support we can for all of our products past and present, and I am surprised to hear that you have been waiting so long to get spare parts.

If you could provide me with some more information regarding the parts in question; the model of ISA you have and which specific parts that are required, and details of who you have been in touch with to order these parts, I will look into what has caused this delay.

Please feel free to post the details on this thread, or PM me, or drop me an e-mail - mick.gilbert@focusrite.com

Again I apologise for the experience you have had with this, and assure you that I will do all I can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Mick Gilbert

Service and Support Manager
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Gear interested

my experience with focusrite tech support

To Mick Gilbert: thanks for taking the time to reply in this thread. I, too, have been unimpressed with the tech support that focusrite is supposed to offer. It is a shame, because I've been impressed with the sound of the equipment I bought (saffire pro 40), and would like to continue to use it. But if I continue to have my emails ignored, I'm going to return the gear for a refund due to being unable to use it/or get assistance to figure out why it's stopped working. Something else that I found very frustrating about Focusrite, is that I have been unable to locate a phone number to talk to somebody directly about my issue (nothing I could find on the website, besides an email form). It was just by luck that I happened upon this thread when typing in 'focusrite contacts', and came across the phone number you have supplied. I will be calling the company on monday for some help. Thanks again for adding your words to the topic, it can be a bit frustrating for anybody when equipment fails and you can't seem to find a solution. Cheers! ~Jenny Jo

correction: I just did some more looking on the focusrite site, and did indeed find some phone # contacts via the contact link on the very bottom of the page.
18th March 2013
Old 18th March 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Jo View Post
I, too, have been unimpressed with the tech support that focusrite is supposed to offer.
Add me to the unimpressed column.

I bought a new 8i6, on which the outputs kept failing. Focusrite support was quick to get back to me and issue an RMA. My interface was replaced with a new unit from their US distributor, and this unit exhibited the same problem -- no output after cycling the power.

Ordinarily I would return this to the seller for a refund, but I can't, as the replacement was not the unit I originally purchased. Focusrite support is now only interested in finding and correcting the problem in their product line, not in helping their customer obtain a functional device. I'd love to just go down to a local music store and open up all the 8i6's until I find one that works, but what am I supposed to do with the defective unit in my possession?

Anyone want a defective 8i6 for $200? Sounds wonderful, when you can hear it.
19th March 2013
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

The personal attention given to this matter by Mr. Mick Gilbert, to join this forum and use his first post to address this problem shows me that Focusrite is VERY focused on customer service.

As for my big pile of Focusrite blues and reds? They're so damned reliable, I don't know if they'll ever need any servicing!!
21st March 2013
Old 21st March 2013
Focusrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayampols View Post
Add me to the unimpressed column.

I bought a new 8i6, on which the outputs kept failing. Focusrite support was quick to get back to me and issue an RMA. My interface was replaced with a new unit from their US distributor, and this unit exhibited the same problem -- no output after cycling the power.

Ordinarily I would return this to the seller for a refund, but I can't, as the replacement was not the unit I originally purchased. Focusrite support is now only interested in finding and correcting the problem in their product line, not in helping their customer obtain a functional device. I'd love to just go down to a local music store and open up all the 8i6's until I find one that works, but what am I supposed to do with the defective unit in my possession?

Anyone want a defective 8i6 for $200? Sounds wonderful, when you can hear it.
Hi ayampols,

There seems to have been a misunderstanding here. Our priority is getting you a working unit which is why we offered to loan you a working unit while we look at yours and to provide you with a working unit once this issue has been fully investigated.

If you'd like to pursue the refund route this would be something that we could work with the reseller to look into the possibility of arranging however we really would like to get to the bottom of the issue for you once and for all.

You should hear back shortly on what has been found with your unit but if there's anything we can do in the meantime please let us know.

Chris
Focusrite Support
22nd March 2013
Old 22nd March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike View Post
The personal attention given to this matter by Mr. Mick Gilbert, to join this forum and use his first post to address this problem shows me that Focusrite is VERY focused on customer service.

As for my big pile of Focusrite blues and reds? They're so damned reliable, I don't know if they'll ever need any servicing!!
Matt.focusrite does exactly the same thing over on the Cakewalk forums.

In my opinion they have the best customer service department in the known universe of software.
wavewalker
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear nut

Hello Dear Sir
Mick Gilbert ,
thanks for your post !

About isa115hd switches spares "Odyssey" ...
dozens and dozens of emails are sent to Focusrite support

But after 5 months the never ending spares story continue ,
no spares arrived to the bench of technician ,

and i cannot use the unit for recordings i'm making ,

in attached of this post an image about this "never ending spares story" .

which would be "useful" to see the end ...

for now
more thanks for interest
and best regards
ww

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGilbert View Post
Hi Wavewalker,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you have had getting parts for your Focusrite unit.

I assure you that here at Focusrite we strive to offer the best support we can for all of our products past and present, and I am surprised to hear that you have been waiting so long to get spare parts.

If you could provide me with some more information regarding the parts in question; the model of ISA you have and which specific parts that are required, and details of who you have been in touch with to order these parts, I will look into what has caused this delay.

Please feel free to post the details on this thread, or PM me, or drop me an e-mail - mick.gilbert@focusrite.com

Again I apologise for the experience you have had with this, and assure you that I will do all I can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Mick Gilbert

Service and Support Manager
Attached Thumbnails
Focusrite Worst Support Ever had .-isa115hd-micline-switchspare.jpg  
11th October 2013
Old 11th October 2013
Lives for gear
I want to say i've had really good experience with Focusrite ... perhaps better than any other tech company.

Three years ago i emailed about drivers for the Sapphire and heard back the next day.

Last night i called the US phone # and left a message, and they called me back this morning. The tech was really helpful and honest (no PR-speak or canned scripts).

I'm not brand-loyal to too many companies but I will continue to choose Focusrite gear because it's dependable, they have great Mac support, and i can actually get ahold of them if there is an issue. This was the main reason i sold my Duet 2 and got a Forte.
15th April 2014
Old 15th April 2014
Gear addict

Ah this is interesting!
The battery in my ISA430 rev9 leaked on the front print and now I'm desperately searching for a new print. My local repair guys can't seem to find any. Anyone have tips? Are these still in stock/available somewhere or is this the end of my beautiful machine...
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search