Joe Haze
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
Lives for gear

This could be an E-bay scam..??

A seller of "Pro audio gear"..

27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

I don't see your point? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Haze View Post
A seller of "Pro audio gear"..

28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Lives for gear

the seller is making no attempt at hiding the condition.
The pictures are clear to me.
If you need it bad and it's the lowest price go for it!

==========

SURPLUS GEAR SALE
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Lives for gear

Hello? I believe this is correct, "the seller is making no attempt at hiding the condition" is the correct way to sell items on eBay, so the buyer doesn't return the goods for a full refund. Not correctly displaying the true conditions of the good is against the terms and conditions of any sale. I should know, I've sent back 3 major studio items that were misrepresented in the photos and description and got full refunds.
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_monkey
Could have been "barely used" but badly looked after...again, I see no problem with this.

Ok, "barely used" is largely irrelevant since the physical condition isn't great, and it's not like the insides wear out (eg head hours on an ADAT or 2", or valve on a mic) but it looks honest at least.

Joe, why not try looking on the positive side of something for once?!

Jack Robert Hardman (New EP now on sale), Morgan Joanel,
Edens March
and High-Tails.

If I've helped you out, please consider supporting these artists as a favour to me!

Major label credits include Pharrell/Alicia Keys, Ricky Martin (Aus #3), John Legend, Taylor Henderson (Aus #1 ARIA Album), Di-Rect (Dutch #1 single), etc
Joe Haze
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Lives for gear

My point! Really? The item listed in the auction is at the top, nice looking with no cosmetic wear... the pictures below are what I got. How can this be barely used? Perhaps it just sat in a rack in the mud?

And it's not just a bit of dirt, its like something rubbed the front of this thing off.

I am all for positive outlook, but this thing is beat up...
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
My point! Really? The item listed in the auction is at the top, nice looking with no cosmetic wear... the pictures below are what I got. How can this be barely used? Perhaps it just sat in a rack in the mud?

And it's not just a bit of dirt, its like something rubbed the front of this thing off.

You should have explained in your OP that the lower three pictures were ones that you took. Your OP makes it seem as if those were part of the ebay listing. If he misrepresented the piece, file a complaint and get your money back.

-Dan.
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Yeah no explanation until now ... many times sellers use stock pics...
Quote:

Joe Haze
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Lives for gear

Well on a positive note.. the seller is being very cool about all of this. If he just took a picture of the unit or stated the unit had cosmetic damage all would be well.
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvatar View Post
You should have explained in your OP that the lower three pictures were ones that you took. Your OP makes it seem as if those were part of the ebay listing. If he misrepresented the piece, file a complaint and get your money back.

-Dan.
+1 - that wasn't clear at all!
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousbass View Post
Hello? I believe this is correct, "the seller is making no attempt at hiding the condition" is the correct way to sell items on eBay, so the buyer doesn't return the goods for a full refund. Not correctly displaying the true conditions of the good is against the terms and conditions of any sale. I should know, I've sent back 3 major studio items that were misrepresented in the photos and description and got full refunds.
How much did you pay in return shipping costs?

Guess you never had someone refuse to sign/accept your returned package...from what I hear, that's all the rage on da 'Bay these days...

Joe Haze
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Lives for gear

Sorry guys, I put that picture together to display the facts at a glance.. OOPPS
1st March 2013
Old 1st March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Ladd View Post
How much did you pay in return shipping costs?

Guess you never had someone refuse to sign/accept your returned package...from what I hear, that's all the rage on da 'Bay these days...

What difference how much I paid to send back worthless junk?
Ebay's no free lunch and return costs about a 5th the price of the first bench hour of a tech. You want cheap, no warranty goods, sometimes you pay for the privilege. That's life.
No, in Australia large packages aren't usually delivered if you send Registered Mail, just a notice in the letterbox they have an article waiting for them at the Post Office. They have to present ID before they take possession and the items are not in view, instead they're all kept in a holding bay out the back. Also, I pay extra for tracking numbers and such. They have to present a really good case to eBay if the tracking number shows it's arrived.
If the system fails and it get's returned, you can chose to do it again or get it repaired and keep it (or sell it.)
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search