Anyone else here suffer from migraines?
New Reply
Subscribe
gannonsamuel
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear nut

Anyone else here suffer from migraines?

I don't get them a lot, luckily, maybe 3 or 4 times a year, but they really suck.

anyways main point: Do you ever find your brain actually just works so much better when you're in that migraine foetal position trying to make the sound and light go away?

The only way i could relate it to something is like in Stephen Kings "Tommyknockers" when people are passing through the town they get amazing breakthrough ideas but as soon as they leave the town limits they can't remember any of them.

I find that when I have a migraine i have so many musical ideas but physically do not have the capacity to move and make them, and then when the migraine passes they all disappear.

In a very unscientific way i'd explain it as one bit of my brain shutting down, while another bit that doesn't get used very often takes over.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there a way of training your brain to work this way all the time? Does this make any sense to anyone or does it just sound like lunatic ravings?
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear nut

You might find it useful to keep some of these meds around:

Sumatriptan (Imitrex)

Promethazine, for any nausea related to the migraine.

I would take this combination after the onset of extreme pain and always felt like a new person within 45 minutes. Sleep always helps but isn't possible or practical at times. I've never felt inspired while suffering from a migraine. Usually the only thing I can think about is, MAKE IT STOP! The worst migraine I ever had was while deployed in Afghanistan and it lasted over two days (I suppose this could be considered a "cluster-headache"). Then I discovered the power of Imitrex. I've heard it doesn't work for everybody but it was a game changer for me.
5th March 2013
Old 5th March 2013
Gear interested

Hi Samuel,
Exercise regularly as it increase bloodflow, which allows more oxygen to your brain. So maintaining a regular exercise program will help you to cure migraine. Take low fat diet plan and increase your water intake. Using an ice pack or cold towel on the back of your neck in 5 to 10 minute intervals is also effective in coping migraine.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search